In 5.4, if there are any changes expected -

What is the highest PVE DPS spec
What is the highest PVP DPS spec

I really appreciate your help
90 Goblin Warlock
Warlock forums ----->

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012670/
100 Orc Warlock
Right now all 3 specs are viable, but Destro is the top. I haven't played much on the Beta, but think Destro is still going to sit on top. Affliction may edge it out though
I posted there too if you'd be kind enough to help and respond there - I just find very few people post in class forums - in past has taken a long time
Right now all 3 specs are viable, but Destro is the top. I haven't played much on the Beta, but think Destro is still going to sit on top. Affliction may edge it out though

That's interesting - I played lock heavy at 80 but played a mage in cata.

I am finding affliction dps low no matter what I do compared to destro and have read various rotation guides. Is there something I'm missing?

The only spec I haven't played is demo - anybody recommend that one or find great success with it?
90 Troll Warlock
I posted there too if you'd be kind enough to help and respond there - I just find very few people post in class forums - in past has taken a long time

It's 10am, and not all of us can post at work (I only can until 11). But I'm hopping over there to answer your questions now.
I feel you - thank goodness our company doesn't block internet at work :)
100 Orc Warlock
I am finding affliction dps low no matter what I do compared to destro and have read various rotation guides. Is there something I'm missing?

Destruction has been a much more forgiving spec on both gear and rotation than affliction for a long time. You can make minor mistakes in your rotation or not have great gear in Destro without damaging your DPS too much. Affliction on the other hand, you may as well smack your DPS with a sledge hammer if you mess up lol.
90 Goblin Warlock
07/03/2013 07:16 AMPosted by Razòrsedge

Depends on the gear level, at ilvl 500 Destro is strong, but getting up to being fully ToT geared, especially Heroic geared, Demo is top with affliction right underneath of it.

Affliction is a very gear dependent spec that relies on you being at over 13k haste rating to see some good numbers, especially with the meta gem it is a much stronger single target spec then Destro.

Next tier Affliction will pull ahead of Demo with normal gear, and destro will be left pretty far behind.
90 Goblin Warlock
07/03/2013 07:18 AMPosted by Bossfightsr

Like I said, gear dependent. Affliction scales much better with higher gear and the legendary meta. I run affliction now and am pulling higher numbers then I did with destro. I do however keep destro for cleave fights as my attempts to use it on Heroic Horridon and Tortos have been very frustrating.

07/03/2013 07:21 AMPosted by Razòrsedge
Destruction has been a much more forgiving spec on both gear and rotation than affliction for a long time.

By long time you mean since 5.2? Cata Destro was a gong show and 5.0 locks heavily favored Affliction for how well it scaled with mastery.
Edited by Krankheit on 7/3/2013 7:35 AM PDT
90 Human Warlock
Ilevel is at 508 right now.
and i'm destro
But my dps still tops out around 88-95k... after a huge 112k burst.
think i could do decent damage as Demonology? i tried affliction and my dps was way lower than affliction.
sure am going to miss my green fire in destro. but i need a change.
100 Undead Warlock
I'm a casual so don't take my word for it...

Right now I play mostly as demon, and sometimes as destro just to test things, see how much dps I do, etc...

To me, its *really, really close*... I'll perform a little better as demon but this is probably because I like it better... On AoE, my demon spec will out perform my destro spec...

For a less subjective view, you could check out noxxic and see their Simdps numbers... If i'm not mistaken, they only emulate single target and "patchwerk-like" fights... So it won't account for your AoE damage or special mechanics in fights, like so many you have on the Throne of Thunder...
The difference between the three warlock specs in dps is less than 2% if you go by their numbers, with Destro in the first place...

On WoWprogress, the top 10 warlocks (SIMdps, not real dps) of all the West are spec like this:
1st to 10th = All Demonology

XD!
5.3 pretty even with gearing favoring each spec at some point.
5.4 demo seems like it will be tops followed by aff. Destro is boned.

At least they didn't bring back soulfire weaving and pet twisting. Yet...
90 Orc Warlock
i just threw up in my mouth after reading this. If you only want to play whats strongest then you really are pathetic.

This is a game
games are suppose to be fun not a series of number crunches
90 Human Warlock
I went from being the top 5 DPS to like number 12 and below because I changed from destruction to demo. (literally like a day or two ago)

Yeah destruction might be on top but I really enjoy playing demo and I think that is what matters most. Find a class that you ENJOY playing & it won't become such a drag
Edited by Nightenhale on 8/16/2013 11:32 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
i just threw up in my mouth after reading this. If you only want to play whats strongest then you really are pathetic.

This is a game
games are suppose to be fun not a series of number crunches

I'm assuming you don't do endgame raiding...

However, all three specs are close enough together in DPS output so that specialty choice won't affect your DPS very much. Pick one that is the easiest for you to play and you will probably do the most DPS with that one.
Edited by Azaräk on 9/12/2013 7:05 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
I Agree with Azarak, there all about the same DPS but i prefer using Destruction over any of the others.
Edited by Pinkwarlock on 9/18/2013 5:38 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
Ilevel is at 508 right now.
and i'm destro
But my dps still tops out around 88-95k... after a huge 112k burst.
think i could do decent damage as Demonology? i tried affliction and my dps was way lower than affliction.
sure am going to miss my green fire in destro. but i need a change.

For demonology if you have unlocked "Green fire" your demon form will now be green instead, so you still get special effects from doing the quest.
90 Worgen Warrior
For demonology if you have unlocked "Green fire" your demon form will now be green instead, so you still get special effects from doing the quest.

This is a 3 month old thread.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]