New glyphs in 5.4

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Wowhead has datamined the next 5.4 PTR build, and it includes some new glyphs, quite a few of which are for DK's. That said, this is the PTR, and these may not even make it to 5.4.

Glyph of Festering Blood (NYI): Blood Boil will now treat all targets as though they have Blood Plague or Frost Fever applied.

Glyph of Regenerative Magic (NYI): If Anti-Magic Shell expires after its full duration, the cooldown is reduced by up to 50%, based on the amount of damage absorbed.

Glyph of Swift Death (NYI): The haste effect granted by Soul Reaper now also increases your movement speed by X% for the duration.

Glyph of the Long Winter (NYI): The effect of your Horn of Winter now lasts for 1 hour.

Glyph of the Loud Horn (NYI): Your Horn of Winter now generates an additional 10 Runic Power, but the cooldown is increased by X sec.

The last three are kindof meh. Swift Death is really only useful for questing and such, maybe in bg's, Long Winter doesn't make a difference since we use Horn of Winter whenever its up anyway, and Loud Horn (which is an aweful name, btw) has the pontential to put a holy in your rotation unless you're GCD capped.

Regenerative Magic on the other hand is quite interesting, lowering the cooldown if the shield expires rather than breaks. I can see this being very handy in both PvP and PvE, depending how much magic damage is being thrown around.

The big one here is Festering Blood. This is a straight 50% damage increase if you don't have diseases up, which is great for rounding up ads quickly. The big concern is does it interact with Roiling Blood, in that it will spread diseases when they're not there? That may not be what it's designed to do, but that could be a potential bug if the glyph goes live.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
i like the ams one, but im wondering if were loosing any current glyphs for these ones if they go live
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Forgot about the skeleton glyph that changes the DK ghoul into a skele.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

Rather have a glyph to turn army/ghoul into the zandalari minions. The 2piece is too awesome to just be lost after this tier.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Another minion glyph? Yaaaaaaay :D
Reply Quote
i forsee the ams glyph being troll tier annoying to people in random bgs where uncoordinated damage wont bust it. borderline useless in arenas though where most casters anymore will just burst through ams.

the rest of the glyphs in the op all seem kind of meh...

need more minor glyph options for minions. wtb frostwyrm pet
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Karaahl
Glyph of the Loud Horn (NYI): Your Horn of Winter now generates an additional 10 Runic Power, but the cooldown is increased by X sec.[/ul]

This will be fantastic for DW Frost. One Horn = one Frost Strike? Hell yes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I feel like we have the most underwhelming set of glyphs in the game and this does nothing to change that.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 07:38 PMPosted by Mosetzer

Rather have a glyph to turn army/ghoul into the zandalari minions. The 2piece is too awesome to just be lost after this tier.

Agreed. It looks quite nice compared to the standard rickety vanilla model doll. And the geist is uglier.
Reply Quote
I feel like we have the most underwhelming set of glyphs in the game and this does nothing to change that.

Changes to some of our glyphs are fixing that big time. Right now in 5.3 you may be right, but in 5.4? I am seriously caught between some options here.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
07/03/2013 07:38 PMPosted by Mosetzer

I honestly hope one of these days that there's going to be a talent tree that focuses on our undead minions, one of the talents being the summoning of random undead minions, being obviously more frail than the 2m cd on our dead warriors.

One can hope though.

Agreed. It looks quite nice compared to the standard rickety vanilla model doll. And the geist is uglier.

I suspect the skeletal minions will be the vrykul skeletons we see used very often these days.
Edited by Rulo on 7/4/2013 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I really like the glyph of festering blood. It's great for blood and unholy anywhere stuff won't live long enough to be worth putting diseases on (like 5 mans with good dps). I think its also really good when tanking and stuff needs picked up immediately and you don't have 1 or 2 globals to get diseases out first (Horridon and tortos adds come to mind).

The 2 horn glyphs help the people who are -or will be in next tier's gear- GCD locked. Horn giving more rp also would be good when trying to line up burst like in pvp or when speed questing.

The more ghoul options the better. I hope the skeleton one looks like Lurid but I like pretty much all the skeleton models.

I am pleasantly surprised by these and hope they go live.
Reply Quote
The more ghoul options the better. I hope the skeleton one looks like Lurid but I like pretty much all the skeleton models.

I am personally thinking that it is going to be lurid. Although I wouldn't mind the frostwraith model.
Edited by Kaelgos on 7/4/2013 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
That glyph makes Horn of Winter last an hour now? Hot damn!
Edited by Khamûl on 7/4/2013 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
That glyph makes Horn of Winter last an hour now? Hot damn!

even though its cast every 21-22 seconds...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Glyph of Festering Blood (NYI): Blood Boil will now treat all targets as though they have Blood Plague or Frost Fever applied.

This gives more synergy for unholy and blood.

Glyph of Regenerative Magic (NYI): If Anti-Magic Shell expires after its full duration, the cooldown is reduced by up to 50%, based on the amount of damage absorbed.

So this gives me the caution of not standing in the fire too long.

Glyph of Swift Death (NYI): The haste effect granted by Soul Reaper now also increases your movement speed by X% for the duration.

This is for rushing instances. :P

Glyph of the Long Winter (NYI): The effect of your Horn of Winter now lasts for 1 hour.

imo, this seems like a waste. Considering I use horn ALL THE TIME.

Glyph of the Loud Horn (NYI): Your Horn of Winter now generates an additional 10 Runic Power, but the cooldown is increased by X sec.

I really wonder how long will the cooldown increase. This seems like a very situational glyph.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]