Nevermind.

75 Worgen Hunter
Nevermind, not even going to try. People can't even help someone out without trolling them anymore. This is exactly why I don't try this stuff and why I prefer not being social.
Edited by Lanneru on 6/30/2013 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
guys should I even? Actually I'll just leave this one alone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
No, bad Lobby. This one seems nice. I like his style.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
But its just so hard to hold back these feelings. I'm a peacock Tov you gotta let me fly!
Reply Quote
75 Worgen Hunter
Well, excuse me for simply trying honestly. :/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
you should feel bad for wanting to use people and have them help you but you not help them in return. Sorry your mom can't afford to help you out and buy you another copy of the game and game time so you could get a mount but you shouldn't expect others to help you when you don't want to do anything with them or even go as far as to help explain the game. And this isn't even trolling, just facts about how terrible you are.
Reply Quote
75 Worgen Hunter
I didn't say I wouldn't help. Should have read a bit more.
I mentioned helping by explaining in the best way I could. It's being very active and being able to set up times to do this or that with them that I get nervous with.
You try talking and socializing, even on the internet, when your mind goes blank, head starts spinning and you feel like puking all your insides out because your stomach is so shaky.
I can't help I have social anxiety to the point I can't even speak to people that well enough to get even a job.

I figured simply to do this if someone was already planning on buying the game/upgrading an alt, and moving to Sen'jin, not for them to go out and do this OMGJUSTBECAUSE I asked, and wouldn't mind helping me out. I don't see how it's using someone, when I'm not forcing them to do this.

Forget I even asked. *facepalm*
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Let's face it. We all know Lobster is a jerk sometimes... a lot. Ignore it, he's harmless if you do that.
Edited by Tov on 6/30/2013 5:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
GG
Lobster get back in your cage... I leave you alone for a few days and this is what I come back to...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Let's face it. We all know Lobster is a jerk sometimes... a lot. Ignore it, he's harmless if you do that.
I'm not a jerk :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You should apologize to this person.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I'd rather not to be honest. I stand firm in my belief that he shouldn't ask to do something like RAF and then say that he'd prefer not to help them level or run stuff with them. He said he'd rather not explain things because he has trouble explaining this easy game to someone. He didn't even offer to give the person gold or bags or anything, all he wanted was a free mount without doing any of the work to earn it. If you're not hard on him now when he's young then next time you see him he'll be on a corner holding a "will work for food" sign to get donations to buy beer.

I do this for America Tov.
Reply Quote
75 Worgen Hunter
My friend was merely being honest. You don't have to be so rude about it all.

This isn't some charity case where all Lanneru wants is someone to give him something and then they'd be ditched. If you would have read correctly.. he said he'd help how he could but it would be limited and perhaps even a bit awkward.
No.. we're not very social people. We'll help. We're nice enough. You don't have to shoot someone down for trying.

Instead of saying they're a terrible person.. and that my friend is BAD for wanting to do this.. you could have been a little more understanding.

Everyone thinks social anxiety is a joke. That someone is just being lazy or doesn't want to think for themselves. No. Not the case at all. Seriously not the case. I've been diagnosed with social anxiety by multiple doctors. It's a very real thing. Most of the time medicine and counseling doesn't even help. It's something the person can't HELP.
It's not some excuse to get out of doing things.

All Lanneru simply wanted people to understand.. is that help would be there as much as he could possibly explain in the beginning. Even if the person whispered to him.. asking something.. he'd try to help. Gold or bags or something like that… I'm sure it's lovely to get the help on. We didn't have that though. No one helped us. (not complaining. I enjoy earning things on my own.. as does Lanneru - but I don't see a way we can earn something like this on our own. It's to rely on other people. Not everyone has money they can just throw all around. ) And as a note.. no one helped.. because we were terrified to ask.. thinking people would be elitist and rude. We've had it happen in places before. Being shot down like that only makes us recluse more and it's hard.
We're not the most familiar with things ourselves. Still figure it out as we go. I didn't see a problem with asking to try and at least get a neat mount.. but with not too much expectation in getting guided by the hand every step of the way. Here and there, yes. But not every step.

As for your "witty" little remarks at the bottom.. we're not that young. We also don't drink. Don't make such assumptions about someone you know nothing about. It's not funny at all.

Try to remember this.. "If you have nothing nice to say.. don't say anything at all."
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
well I'm going to leave this one alone now. Don't want this to turn into a "Lobster makes fun of people with social anxiety disorders." I will say this though, he did state that he didn't want to level an alt with the RAF person. And if I didn't know any better I'm sure that people who do RAF do it for the 300% experience so they can level alts faster and not have to do the same old content. This requires both people to play together which is something he did not want to do. So that leads me to believe that he wanted the reward without earning it. I'll break this down for you. When people want to do RAF, the person recruiting usually buys the battle chest and a month of playtime for the person they're recruiting or if they can't provide that then they will instead provide gold and bags, normally anywhere from 5-7k gold. This is unless you're actually recruiting a friend in which case you don't need to provide any of that stuff but the gold and bags are usually a kind gesture.

He did not want to provide any of these things in his original post. Anyway I'm done with this.
Reply Quote
75 Worgen Hunter
Trust me, if I didn't have this, I would be glad to help by leveling an alt with them. But trying to figure out what needs to be done is hard. I rely on steady communication, not just sitting there trying to figure out what they're doing or what needs to be done. I've played other MMOs and things and tried to help people, and all it did was make me go into an anxiety attack because they wouldn't communicate with me, or I couldn't figure out what they meant.

I didn't know this about the battle chest, but I figured about at least some simple bags which I would have gladly provided along with some gold. Not as much as the unspoken "etiquette" that apparently goes around, but at least some.
That's another thing: I had no way of knowing this.
I admit that my first original post needed some work, and I should have explained a bit more that I was willing to help, even if only through advice and tips, because (and it's not an excuse to cover my own !@#) it WOULD be there.
But I still don't think my stuff garnered someone being so rude and sending me into panic attacks yesterday. I'm a very sensitive person and I don't take things like that so well.

There are both good ways and terrible ways to tell someone that what they said is a bit rude or to simply inform me of the "proper" way to do these things -as I said, I didn't know this about the general amount of gold or the battle chest.
You could have cut a lot of this out by simply saying the facts you said about RaF -the gestures and things accepted as the norm, I would have understood and then simply ditched the idea.

Regardless, I'm not going to try anymore.
I don't appreciate the assumption that you made that says I do not want to work for things, as I've planned to work my $%^ off to get to where I need to be, and helping Anileesa do the same, and if someday this disorder lightens up for me and I'm able to do things on a more social level with people, then begin helping others do the same.
(and not to mention actually be able to run instances and raids with groups.)

I'm done with this as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I'm only going to do this once and trust me this is the first time I've apologized to someone in this game. I'm sorry for being rude. Though one thing you'll learn on these forums if you ever decide to visit again is that I talk like this to everyone, even Tov. So don't take what I say to heart.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
tl;dr

But for what I did read..... /mindblown...I can't tell if he is trolling himself or not..

06/30/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Lanneru
I can't help I have social anxiety to the point I can't even speak to people that well enough to get even a job.

uhhh...what..Now i feel bad
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
tl;dr

But for what I did read..... /mindblown...I can't tell if he is trolling himself or not..

uhhh...what..Now i feel bad
You e-bullys.... What am I going to do with you?!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Lobster, I'm SOOOOO glad I don't know you, you seem like such a jerk. Even though you apologized for your words, you did it much too late. I know you want to be the premier troll on this forum, and that's fine, but sometimes you need to tone it down. People don't realize the repercussions of things they do or say on the internet; look at some of the drama caused by facebook posts.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I already talked to the dude in game as well, we're cool now. Now you pinny I will laugh at you for comparing realm forums where people are completely anonymous to facebook where people know who you are and what you look like. And you must be new to these here realm forums, I'm already the premier troll because nobody can dougie like me. I crip walk like the best of them while you guys do the chicken dance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]