Hunters Are Easy

90 Night Elf Hunter
One word. Veev.

Got 2500 in 2 days of playing a bm hunter

Good players will be good regardless of the class they choose.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
One word. Veev.

Edit:2600*

Pretty sure someone that got 2600 as an undergeared hunter can do the same with many other classes. A good player is a good player. The mechanics of any class aren't that complicated anymore.

I'm guessing he did it in threes and I'm also guessing it was Disc/Ret/BM huehuehuehue.
Edited by Apollo on 6/27/2013 10:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Weird how he can't get that high on his lock that hes played for years :o

That's hilarious, considering locks are almost tailor made for arena. He should reroll, nevermind 5.4.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I was talking about BM hunters.

Because people always wanna point at us and say the cool new term "mongo."

Just look at some other DPS specs, they aren't that complex.

Frost Mages
Fire Mages
Frost DKs
Destro Locks
Demo Locks
Feral Druids
Boomkin (my god, my pet has more binds than they do)
Shadow Priests
Enhance Shamans
Elemental Shamans
Arms Warriors
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It's like a kid in a special education class calling another one retarded.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Is it easy? Yes. Do I think any class in this game is hard? Not at all.

This game is at the end of the day rather simple to play, however just because something is easy it doesn't stop thousands of people from failing miserably to do it. Even with this class being easy I still see hunters fail in various bizarre ways every single day so clearly for some it's not easy enough lol.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
06/27/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Mongoliqua
but if you push into the higher ratings then they still take a certain amount of skill and finesse to play well.

One word. Veev.

Edit:2600*

In other news, in 5.0 when hunters were far more OP than now, I got rofled at repeatedly in twos. Had reasonable gear, was with a resto druid, vs pally and shaman. Just got chain hexed.

Of course, I had no idea what I was doing.
Edited by Gulder on 6/27/2013 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I never understood why people cant admit when their class is mongo.

I never understood why people pull things out of thin air.

Pretty sure no one in has said hunters are hard to play.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Hunters are easy to level and have a nice learning curve, thanks to the pet being there. However, learning to play proper dps with them isn't necessarily easy. You have to learn to always know what shot should come next and you will be firing off a special shot ALL the time (and you can't just shoot in a fixed order because our focus regen is variable with Dire Beast, so you have to always be compensating for how much focus you have). Marksmanship has the most variability in this regard because your rotation will change based on temporary haste buffs. Survival has the least variability in its rotation.

EDIT: I should add that hunters are NOT simply dps classes, or rather, that playing an hunter well means a lot more than getting high dps. Hunters have some of the most interesting and effective forms of crowd control that there are, as well as being pretty much the only class that can actually help tanks to hold aggro (through misdirection). An hunter with high dps is not necessarily a good hunter. A good hunter learns to use traps and misdirects and other forms of CC correctly to help the group or raid.

If you don't want to go in a group, hunters also provide interesting challenges in terms of soloing, in that hunters are capable of soloing things that most classes are not, if the player is sufficiently skilled.
Edited by Ethniu on 6/27/2013 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
you're level 42

and nothing in this game is hard really
Reply Quote
Replace Scatter/trap with fear/sleep and it sounds awfully familiar? :)
It sounds awfully familiar to Demo. Well, popping CDs and pressing 1 button anyway. But scatter trap is basically an instant 10 second CC. It isn't similar to fear because i have to stand in place and cast it for 2 seconds (after the KJC nerf anyway.)
Edited by Harbínger on 6/27/2013 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Any class is easy to play if you just wanna mash buttons and not care about what you're doing. But actually be good and I don't mean mongoing !@#$ because that's considered pea brained. But putting out dps, managing your cooldowns and survival and traps, that's a whole different story. Honestly all the classes I've played were fairly easy to pick up but took a little time to effectively play them.
Reply Quote
45 Human Hunter
you're level 42

Of course. But what I was saying is I don't want to level this char to 90 and have everything be really easy at 90. I like a challenge in my class...

I was asking if there would be a challenge or something to work on when/if I hit 90
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
06/27/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Harbínger
Replace Scatter/trap with fear/sleep and it sounds awfully familiar? :)
It sounds awfully familiar to Demo. Well, popping CDs and pressing 1 button anyway. But scatter trap is basically an instant 10 second CC. It isn't similar to fear because i have to stand in place and cast it for 2 seconds (after the KJC nerf anyway.)
spammable CC> CC with a 30 sec cd and since when were hunters only BM? da !!%@!%# kinda logic is that
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
06/26/2013 11:32 PMPosted by Mechacoon
...easy to pick up but difficult to master...

That makes me want to play my hunter. (By the way, your Transmog is awesome).

hunters are by far not difficult to master. my hunter is my main and seriously i love the warrior and shaman class. but they pale in comparison to how easy the hunter class is to master in comparison to other classes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
you're level 42

Of course. But what I was saying is I don't want to level this char to 90 and have everything be really easy at 90. I like a challenge in my class...

I was asking if there would be a challenge or something to work on when/if I hit 90

it depends what you're playing the game for

if you're going to be a casual then nothing will be hard
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
WTT Scatter Shot and Freezing Trap for Fear, Cyclone, or Poly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]