Elemental blast/lighting bolt ENH macro

90 Dwarf Shaman
Just got my enh set, and is there a way to make a macro, which will cast elemental blast, and if on cd, it will cast lightning bolt.

Pretty much 2in1.
Reply Quote
/castsequence reset=(CD time of EB) EB, LB, LB, LB

continue with LB until you know you wasted text.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Just got my enh set, and is there a way to make a macro, which will cast elemental blast, and if on cd, it will cast lightning bolt.

no such thing, or else everyone could just macro most of their abilities to one button

this would cause you to keep casting lightning bolt for long after EB came off CD

clarificaton: the reset timer of the macro resets every time you use the macro, if the timer is 8 seconds that's 8 seconds since you last pressed the macro and not when you use EB
Edited by Winespirit on 6/29/2013 12:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
the macro works fine, press the macro once and it starts it.... keep mashing it and it'll hit LB. Once the timer is up the only thing that'll happen is it'll cast EB. I'm not sure how you got confused.

Try throwing in "#showtooltip" and you'll understand a little more. Test this out for yourself.
Edited by Arginok on 6/29/2013 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
the macro works fine, press the macro once and it starts it.... keep mashing it and it'll hit LB. Once the timer is up the only thing that'll happen is it'll cast EB. I'm not sure how you got confused.

Try throwing in "#showtooltip" and you'll understand a little more. Test this out for yourself.

Thats not how reset works in a macro. The reset condition will reset your castsequence after X time from the last time you pressed the button.

Example:

/castsequence reset=12 EB, LB, LB, LB

This will cast EB, followed by 3 lightning bolts, then back to EB if you keep spamming the button. Ok, great, but obviously this isnt the only button you are going to be pressing.

Now use the exact same macro, and press the button every 10 seconds.

Elemental Blast will NOT come back up in the rotation until you have cast the 3 x lightning bolts OR you have not pressed the button for 12 seconds.

Thus making the above macro useless.
Edited by Angrysteel on 6/29/2013 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
It may be possible with an add-on. I don't think it is, but I wouldn't know for sure. Automatic Macro decision making is limited to targeting for any one spell.
Edited by Eityn on 6/29/2013 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Warrior

I made something similar to this on my arms warr. I timed ww to when tc came off cd. get about 4 ww till tc comes off cd. Works fine for me. 1 button aoe for the lazy.
Edited by Ironarse on 6/29/2013 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not sure how my reality is different from anybody else but this works just fine for me with EB/LB and FS/ES. Been using it for a long while.

Elemental Blast will NOT come back up in the rotation until you have cast the 3 x lightning bolts OR you have not pressed the button for 12 seconds.

This is true... But when I'm in a boss fight, I'm rolling along just fine while watching my CD's. I fire off the secondary spell for each when it is needed so that the primary spell in the macro will be up when it's ready. To me it's simple math. Follow the macro as it is written and you will come out with the result you intended.

Throwing around the word useless is pretty irresponsible and gives the OP nothing to work with.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
found this works for me.

/castsequence reset=10 Elemental Blast, Lightning Bolt

i like seeing it just as it comes off CD n sometimes it takes an extra hit ot two fir the 2nd bolt to proc 2-3 are far to many for me and blast would sit there waitin for a proc or far to long to it to come off cd after usein one bolt after a blast. this way u get the blast with maelstrom then a few smacks for a bolt then blast is up n ready even if it does have a cpl seconds left on the cd at least u dont lose out.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
the one from Theßigßad works great
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Timer resets every time you cast it. That is not a static timer, no such thing exists in game
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
06/29/2013 12:37 AMPosted by Winespirit
or else everyone could just macro most of their abilities to one button

Warhammer Online did this and it practically ruined the game, the addon NerfedButtons allowed you to create these MASSIVE macro's so you could literally write your rotation down to 2 buttons, one for aoe, one for single target.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]