Patch 5.4 Arena Update

Community Manager
Big changes are coming to World of Warcraft’s Arenas that will make participating more convenient and competitive than ever before, and some of those changes may begin appearing on the PTR very soon.

Read more on the front page.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Don't really like Arena, but how come no 1v1 option?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

That would be called a duel. Also I really do like these arena changes. GJ blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
07/01/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Choklatemilk

That would be called a duel. Also I really do like these arena changes. GJ blizz.

Yeah, but it would show your skill. Specially like if a rogue can take on a Death Knight.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Alright, so still no clarification on titles. At least we can do xrealm arenas though, that'll mix things up a fair bit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
07/01/2013 09:31 AMPosted by Dagnarus

Yeah, but it would show your skill. Specially like if a rogue can take on a Death Knight.

Demo locks, WW monks, and Feral druids would be king. Everyone else would kneel beneath them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

skill has nothing to do in 1v1s
Now to get us skirmishes back, thatd be wonderful
Edited by Treehugging on 7/1/2013 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
You know, this actually makes me consider doing Arenas. I suck at PvP, but it's still usually fun as a diversion, and some of the Arena gear is nice. I don't have illusions of ever having a Gladiator title, but some nicer high-end PvP gear would be fun. :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Greatest change to arena ever. Yes, I'm aware there used to be fire and random tornadoes.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Shoulda been like this years ago
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Shoulda been like this years ago

Well, they can't change the past, so they're trying to make a better future.
Reply Quote
If you make this live in 5.4 then you have accomplished your goal of blending the 2 play styles together. You have done everything you could to eliminate competitive PvP from the game. So, instead of each battlegroup having their top 10, now it's the top 10 out of EVERYONE in your region.

Yup, bye bye hardcore players, this will officially be a casual player game designed very much like any console game. Hints, tips, clues....why don't you just play the game for them?

****EDIT****
I had posted last year about implementing xrealm arena teams within your battlegroup via realID/battletag. My way gives players on less populated realms the opportunity to have a broader player base to do 3s, while keeping the competitiveness within each battelgroup.
In 5.4, there will be no more battlegroups, just one big effing ladder. What Blizzavision is hoping for is most, if not all, of the hardcore, competitive PvPers to quit, giving the casuals a sense of accomplishment by giving them the chance to get a rating of 1750+.

This is an illusion, you have not gotten any better, the average skill level of the teams you will face has dropped. Smoke and mirrors.
Edited by Gharku on 7/2/2013 5:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
13 Worgen Druid
And you care what other people do? As long as they don't bot, steal, or hack. I don't care what players do. They pay their money just as you do. And if you are worried about competition go play real sports. This is a video game. not real life.
Reply Quote
If you make this live in 5.4 then you have accomplished your goal of blending the 2 play styles together. You have done everything you could to eliminate competitive PvP from the game. So, instead of each battlegroup having their top 10, now it's the top 10 out of EVERYONE in your region.

Yup, bye bye hardcore players, this will officially be a casual player game designed very much like any console game. Hints, tips, clues....why don't you just play the game for them?

****EDIT****
I had posted last year about implementing xrealm arena teams within your battlegroup via realID/battletag. My way gives players on less populated realms the opportunity to have a broader player base to do 3s, while keeping the competitiveness within each battelgroup.
In 5.4, there will be no more battlegroups, just one big effing ladder. What Blizzavision is hoping for is most, if not all, of the hardcore, competitive PvPers to quit, giving the casuals a sense of accomplishment by giving them the chance to get a rating of 1750+.

This is an illusion, you have not gotten any better, the average skill level of the teams you will face has dropped. Smoke and mirrors.

You realize this was a casual game from the very start....RIGHT? This here is one of the reasons why I don't PvP, all these hardcore competitive people act like self entitled kids that unsub just because they can't have something the way they demand. Blizzard does not cater to anyone's specific needs, get it through that head of yours already.
Edited by Dragontalon on 7/2/2013 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
If you make this live in 5.4 then you have accomplished your goal of blending the 2 play styles together. You have done everything you could to eliminate competitive PvP from the game. So, instead of each battlegroup having their top 10, now it's the top 10 out of EVERYONE in your region. Yup, bye bye hardcore players, this will officially be a casual player game designed very much like any console game. Hints, tips, clues....why don't you just play the game for them?****EDIT****I had posted last year about implementing xrealm arena teams within your battlegroup via realID/battletag. My way gives players on less populated realms the opportunity to have a broader player base to do 3s, while keeping the competitiveness within each battelgroup. In 5.4, there will be no more battlegroups, just one big effing ladder. What Blizzavision is hoping for is most, if not all, of the hardcore, competitive PvPers to quit, giving the casuals a sense of accomplishment by giving them the chance to get a rating of 1750+. This is an illusion, you have not gotten any better, the average skill level of the teams you will face has dropped. Smoke and mirrors.

Top 0.5% will still get gladiator. That means instead of 10 people getting it 160 or 200 will. Et cetera, et cetera for duelist, rival, and challenger.

On a new note. Will skirmishes be brought back?
Edited by Galere on 7/2/2013 10:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Progress...what difference does it make? I remember all the old days vanilla, TBC and WoTLK but I for one am glad that these changes have been made.

Change is good and in the case of WOW it's not so bad. Perhaps one day I will move to another game which i tried eg, GW2 rift...meh...I think blizz will figure it out and $15.00 per month for a few hours of entertainment is worth it. Besides, i liked getting into the LFR's and LFD's. It was good to see because I dont have time to play for hours and hours a week.

Embrace change, DEAL WITH IT or move on.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
that sounds awesome... good work blizzard :)
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight

Demo locks, WW monks, and Feral druids would be king. Everyone else would kneel beneath them.

How is that any different from Hunters/Disc being king in 3's?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Wondering, can players still create/join Arena Teams, or are Teams being removed entirely for Personal Ratings?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]