Class versus Role Forums

100 Night Elf Priest
Since I accidentally posted the latest PW:Thread on the healer forums instead of priest forums, I thought I'd cover up my mistake/take up the discussion of class versus role forums.

As a healer, do you prefer one over the other? Do you find that they both lend useful information and value them more or less equally?
Edited by Elethia on 6/28/2013 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Paladin forums are bad. Too much prot/ret discussion. I imagine druid forums are similar. Shaman and priest forums are probably good, and Monk forums I could see being good.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Shaman
Stopped looking at the druid forums back in WotlK. Too much discussion about other specs.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's a known fact that Blizzard does not read class forums. So if you want a chance to be heard you must post on this forum.

As to my class it's pretty dead these days for anything interesting or current.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
06/28/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Elethia
Since I accidentally posted the latest PW:Thread on the healer forums instead of priest forums, I thought I'd cover up my mistake/take up the discussion of class versus role forums.

Faelle
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
I prefer the role forums, because I have so many alts. It's easier to see all the different posts on the same page than to jump from forum to forum.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I occasionally look at the pally forum but to be honest it's mainly QQ about ret in pvp (or whatever the outrage du jour is). I'm usually surprised if there's a holy thread on the front page. The healing forum is much more helpful for paladin healing or general healing questions.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hi Elly!

I preferred the *priest* forum when I was playing Iritha. The concentrated spec-specific info was really incredible.

However, as much as I know there are plenty of excellent shammies posting on the battle.net forums... there's *very* little resto shammy presence on the shaman class forum, so I come here instead. Now that I'm here, I really like rubbing shoulders with healers of all classes, because it helps me understand how to help guide my healing team. Besides, my goal for MoP is to raid on every healer in the game (3 down, 2 more to go; pally's creeping up on 86 as we speak, and druid is 73 or something).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I prefer the role forums because I see lots of different healers.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Haven't really used the class forum in a very long time, except when I'm desperate for something to read and the role forums aren't updating fast enough.

I think I prefer the role forums. Class forums are super echo-y. It's amazing how quickly they can descend into madness sometimes.
Reply Quote
I rarely heal anymore, I did heal a lot when I first started coming to the healer forums, that being said, I still check the healer forums almost daily, while I can't remember the last time I was checking the shaman forums, or the forums for any other of my classes.

And in here, I can get all kinds of point of views on things from different perspectives, of course I could get that in the shaman forums as well, but I am fairly certain I get a wider perspective here. ( not even sure that last part made sense, but it did make sense in my head at least)
Reply Quote
3 Human Priest
I prefer the role forums for discussing synergy, specifics of a fight, etc.

The priest forums for specific advice or performance on trinkets, etc.

About to dig in and learn all I can about paladin and shaman healing. Been a long time since I was healing lead, and with new healers (new to the guild and new to raiding) it's up to me to fill them in on what buttons to mash for a while till they get confident/ comfortable doing it themselves. I'll be reading a lot of the role forums for that one. Class forums to check specs if i can't find it here.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
As a Monk healer, I prefer reading the healing forums. However, the Monk boards are pretty good too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]