Stuck connecting: Comcast, Washington area.

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Priest
I've had no problems with my game launcher until this morning... I open launcher and then click play (Game is all up to date)... Then when I input my password and hit login, it goes thru it's progressions to, "Connecting", then it says, "Success!" and stops there... It's only got me to my characters once and when I clicked onto my character, it times out at 75% and just get stuck... My internet is at "excellent"...
90 Night Elf Druid
I am having the same issue. the one time I did manage to actually get to my character - she couldn't do anything.
I have deleted cache, WTF, rebooted, used the repair tool - all to no avail

Please help if possible.

Thank you
Having this problem, too. First time was slow logging in, but got to character selection screen. There I chose a toon, and it seemed to go smoothly, but on arrival, there was a small box in the upper center of the screen saying my play time ends in 2 minutes! Account paid in full last month, for six months.

Now the loading screen is stuck at "success".
90 Gnome Warlock
Yep, I can log into any toon which is NOT in Pandaria. All toons in Pandaria just stay stuck at the loading screen. I deleted folders, etc. Nothing is helping.
90 Undead Death Knight
Yup, same problem across all characters that are in Ogrimmar. I can log in to toons in Two Moons just fine.
Edited by Beetscepter on 7/3/2013 8:38 AM PDT
Support Forum Agent
Tebowswife,

Try powercycling your system. Turn off your computer, then unplug the modem and router(if applicable). Wait a few minutes, then plug them back one by one waiting for each device to light up before proceeding to the next. Then restart your computer and see if the issue continues.

No help there Jurannok. Can get in to SOME toons but not others.
Tebowswife,

Try powercycling your system. Turn off your computer, then unplug the modem and router(if applicable). Wait a few minutes, then plug them back one by one waiting for each device to light up before proceeding to the next. Then restart your computer and see if the issue continues.

Tried this, and the flushdns, release, renew... still no good. Stuck at "Success". All other internet functions are fine. I can log in here or directly to account site fine.
Edited by Derwe on 7/3/2013 8:38 AM PDT
If I wait a minute after "success" and click "cancel" it changes to "retrieving realm list.
90 Undead Death Knight
Same here, tried recycling modem, router and computer. I can still login to toons in Two Moons but any toon in Org is stuck on the loading screen.
90 Human Death Knight
I can log into my characters in MOP, but with all the others, the loading bar gets stuck near the end.
Running repair tool now from launcher. Taking it's sweet time, too.
90 Pandaren Monk
If I wait a minute after "success" and click "cancel" it changes to "retrieving realm list.

Same issue here on many accounts on my end...
Support Forum Agent
Interesting. If you have any alts on other realms, try logging in to them and see if the issue persists on that realm.

Also, what ISP are you guys using? Run a trace route to your affected realm and then post the results.

My ISP is Comcast in Washington State.
Edited by Beetscepter on 7/3/2013 8:49 AM PDT
90 Human Death Knight
weird, so is mine.
90 Pandaren Monk
My ISP is Comcast in Washington State.

Same here, Seattle and my net connection is fine while streaming, using spotify, hosting a mumble server, and many other services for friends of mine here:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2813575074
Great success! (sort of) Running the repair tool seems to have fixed it, at least partially. Was able to log into toon in SW, but trying to on one in Valley of Four Winds the progress bar is stuck at like 90%.

Edit: I'm also on Comcast, in Auburn, WA, logging on to servers in LA.
Edited by Derwe on 7/3/2013 8:56 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
Having the same log in problems with some chars. Also my ISP is Comcast in Washington State.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]