5.4 In Game Store 100% XP Buff/Transmog items?

100 Human Death Knight
I just hope those certain regions aren't EU and NA.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
As long as you keep it out of American realms we can continue to be friends.

An interesting notion... Say this is applied to China, but not US or EU.

I wonder what people's opinions would be.
If you ever add a purchase method with REAL money in this game I'm gone, blizzard is going back on their word of never being able to buy items for real currency. Just because your losing subs this is a bad way to go about it.

Pull your head in and stop acting like a spoiled child.
90 Night Elf Warrior
Zarcrawler is not pleased .
100 Human Paladin
We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.

Fine by me. I got no problem with it.

Let the forums don their /tinfoil hats, grab their pitchforks, and /rabble up a storm over nothing all the while sliding down the slippery slope to ridiculousness.

In November of 2009, this happened.
http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/11/04/blizzard-launches-real-money-in-game-pet-store/

Posters freaked the freak out. It was stupid on the forums for weeks.

I continued having fun all the while and still am.

Have fun storming the castle and freaking out about nothing.
100 Night Elf Rogue
We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.

Oh deary me. And here comes the dumpster fire. I think that it's now time to take a sabbatical from the forums.
90 Gnome Warlock
This doesnt mean pay2win at all. This means you can buy exp potions, big deal lol. Get your panties out your !@# and realize p2w is pay for the BEST gear at end game or something that gives you a major advantage over people who dont pay yet this doesnt do either. This gives those who dont want to do 85-90 a bit of a break in the form of a bit more exp per quest. Oh boy that sure sounds like pay to win!
100 Night Elf Rogue
If you ever add a purchase method with REAL money in this game I'm gone, blizzard is going back on their word of never being able to buy items for real currency. Just because your losing subs this is a bad way to go about it.

Guardian cub says he can get you some gold after you put down 10 dollars real money...

I read Zarhym's post as "we are looking at maybe adding something for specific regions (possibly trying to regain some of the Asian market?) at some point in the future". I wouldn't say that that is him confirming anything, other than a maybe it might possibly happen but only for specific areas.

I think you are correct baout regaining the Asian market
I may be wrong...but it say requires level 85? So why are people complaining about going from 1-4 or 1-10 instantly? It looks like a boost from 85-90. People dont use heirlooms from 85-90. Unless that changed recently?
90 Pandaren Monk
07/03/2013 05:26 PMPosted by Snowfox
As long as you keep it out of American realms we can continue to be friends.

An interesting notion... Say this is applied to China, but not US or EU.

I wonder what people's opinions would be.

This is actually what I'm betting, and hoping on. Their pay model is different than ours, so it is sensible for pay items to end up there. Not here though.

Tbh this is one of the three things that'll make me quit outright.
88 Human Death Knight
So, out of curiosity, just how would this item make a person more powerful in game? All it does is boost XP gain...there's nothing directly tied to character power (like gear or damage buffs) here.

Seems like this is getting blown out of proportion.
87 Tauren Druid
So, out of curiosity, just how would this item make a person more powerful in game? All it does is boost XP gain...there's nothing directly tied to character power (like gear or damage buffs) here.

I play TOR on the side now and again and they RAGE about the Cartel Market(their in-game real money shop) and even those Rage-addicts don't care one bit about the Exp Boosts that people use to get to max level faster.
100 Human Mage

Please don't put in-game purchases like this. Leave it at least in the Blizzard store. This is asking to go down a bad road.

I guess it depends on what regions this pertains to for this one item.
If it's an area where there is no subscription, like China, then no problem with me.
But I wouldn't want to see an item like this available in an in or out of game store for subscription holders. It should be a free feature, like shutting off experience gain. Or free as in it costs in game gold, not real money.

As well, if they make items that are already available to subscription holders outside of the game available inside the game, then as long as it's done succinctly and not pushed in my face while I'm playing, I'd reserve judgement for now. Original Guild Wars was a well done example of an in game store. LOTRO was/is a horrible example of a badly done, in your face all the time, in game store.
90 Gnome Warlock

Thats because it is. The moment you can buy something other then a membership its pay to win, technically we are paying blizzard to win already anyway so im not sure what the big deal is.
Edited by Iliftweights on 7/3/2013 5:32 PM PDT
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior

It's a placeholder to test a system from what I gathered from Z's statement.

I'm not saying we should run in circles screaming the sky is falling, but we should be on the lookout for dark ominous clouds.

Its the slippery slope being flirted with by Blizzard. It's reasonable to suspect this will only go live in places that already do not have a sub based business model.

At least, that is what those of us that aren't interested in being nickel and dimed to death are worried about with this announcement. It isn't' the XP buff per se at issue- it's the principle of what it represents and the line it crosses for some.
Edited by Nesaberdys on 7/3/2013 5:37 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
we should be on the lookout for dark ominous clouds.

PLEASE tell me that isn't the cursed Greatfish Isle on the horizon.

...Sorry. Been playing too much Wind Waker.
100 Human Paladin
I play TOR on the side now and again and they RAGE about the Cartel Market(their in-game real money shop) and even those Rage-addicts don't care one bit about the Exp Boosts that people use to get to max level faster.

lol...TOR noobs. WOW QQers are far more advanced. They can cry about anything.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]