5.4 In Game Store 100% XP Buff/Transmog items?

100 Draenei Shaman
Hopefully it happens, and all of the people threatening to quit actually do. It'd be nice to stop seeing you in-game and on the forums.

On a lighter note, I can get behind the idea. Been playing Rift recently and I like the concept a lot. I think other games like League of Legends do it well too, but since we're talking a different genre, it isn't as applicable. In the end, Blizzard will do whatever is best for the longevity of their game, and I could see this being a good choice.

You get that most free to play that add this and make leveling a pain right? like grind or quests/mobs give low exp? hence force you to buy it so you get a chance to catch up, that's why most of us choose a monthly fee game and not get pay-to-win.... Useless pets are ok but pay to win isnt.
Edited by Biopulse on 7/3/2013 5:55 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Warlock
We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.

Hopefully this means it will be available as an in game item purchased within game, not as an item purchased outside of the game.
real cash item from the real store.
100 Pandaren Monk
What happened to "The Blizzard Store will never provide an added advantage to someone compared to those who don't use it?"

If this does go live, I have no doubts Blizzard will immediately regret it when floods of people unsubscribe.

If they got a dollar every time someone said if Blizzard does X tons of people are going to unsub they could give the game away for free and still turn a profit.
100 Human Paladin
this is just the next step it started with buying mounts in the store now you can buy xp boosts next its tier armor and Upgraded legendary weapons that you need to pay cash to get the last piece or it will be a .0001% drop off heroic 25 man raids only.

activision started seeping its way into this game and its doing what it has done do any other gaming company that its taken over it destroys them for there corporate gain.

If they change this game to P2W I'm out and on my way to ESO and never coming back P2W is no way to play a game.
100 Night Elf Rogue
What happened to "The Blizzard Store will never provide an added advantage to someone compared to those who don't use it?"

I think that left when the guardian cub came in and said "Sell me for in game gold"
90 Orc Shaman
Imo this is a beyond terrible idea. I thought this could finally be cross realm heirloom feature which you unlock via JP or Honor. The game doesn't need this at all. There are a lot of other ways you guys can maintain an economic structure to compensate the server transfer fee losses about to come with virtual realms. Pets are fine, mounts are fine. this isn't.
90 Tauren Death Knight
Arc
This is way different from RAF. If you look up the details, RAF has it's limitations. As it looks right now this goofy elixir doesn't have any.
100 Human Paladin
We must always have that carrot to chase

No they killed that off with all the ques they added to the game this game is truly falling apart because of there greed.
88 Blood Elf Rogue
I think that left when the guardian cub came in and said "Sell me for in game gold"

Aye. They've been most ingenious in how they've slowly phased it in. First with purely cosmetic items ("who cares, it's just cosmetic items"). Then with items that can get you gold ("who cares, not much you can buy with gold anyway"). Then, maayyybeee, with items that provide an XP boost ("who cares, leveling quicker isn't THAT much of an advantage").

I'd guess, though, that this would be introduced to Asian regions first (and perhaps only Asian regions).

>.>
Edited by Real on 7/3/2013 6:01 PM PDT
55 Troll Shaman
More and more free to play style crappy ideas via the online store and similar. The game needs slower leveling that engages people more, and has some challenges to overcome. Not to be made even easier than it already has become. RAF is bad enough.
100 Worgen Mage
We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.

I don't think the store should be used for non-cosmetic in-game advantages. If I understand this correctly though, this is something you're planning for Asia. They already have that buff for cafes. Crazy stuff goes on there. (and the item level/lockout system)
Edited by Digerati on 7/3/2013 6:00 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior

You get that most free to play that add this and make leveling a pain right? like grind or quests/mobs give low exp? hence force you to buy it so you get a chance to catch up, that's why most of us choose a monthly fee game and not get pay-to-win.... Useless pets are ok but pay to win isnt.

I think you and I have a different idea of what "pay to win" actually means, but beyond that you're making a lot of assumptions in that post about what might or might not happen. It's fine to have doubts, but I'd really wait until specifics are announced to dust off the end of the world signs.
100 Tauren Death Knight
Sin

Think Skipper waving his flippers and sinking into that hole he popped out of. You didn't see anything.
100 Pandaren Monk
07/03/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Real

Aye. They've been most ingenious in how they've slowly phased it in. First with purely cosmetic items ("who cares, it's just cosmetic items"). Then with items that can get you gold ("who cares, not much you can buy with gold anyway"). Then, maayyybeee, with items that provide an XP boost ("who cares, leveling quicker isn't THAT much of an advantage").

>.>

Although I think that is the point. None of the things listed above gives any sort of meaningful advantage. Increased level speed in a game in which leveling has been so utterly marginalized is not a meaningful advantage.
100 Goblin Priest
Whew, looks like something for Asian and maybe Latin servers.
90 Human Paladin
Cause paying to get to max level faster is sooooooooo pay to win. Do you people even know what that means? Here's an example of a pay to win MMO. Neverwinter. Every item is BOE, you can convert zen (real money currency) to astral diamonds and buy the best gear in the game without stepping foot into a dungeon. THAT is pay to win. An experience boost isn't.
Edited by Merexx on 7/3/2013 6:05 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]