5.4 In Game Store 100% XP Buff/Transmog items?

100 Night Elf Rogue
07/11/2013 08:18 PMPosted by Judgernaught
Also the creation of garbage threads and necros to force this subject off the front page and why isn't this stickied if they truly want feedback?

I mentioned making this thread a sticky and changing the thread title to something more appropriate a couple days ago and of course that hasn't happened. This is feeling like its already a done deal.

I'm sure when it hits the PTR there will be a feedback stickied thread there in the PTR forum since you know that's where discussion about PTR stuff goes..why this hasn't been moved there is beyond me

looky: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9454255608
Edited by Sydahh on 7/11/2013 8:21 PM PDT
11 Draenei Paladin

I mentioned making this thread a sticky and changing the thread title to something more appropriate a couple days ago and of course that hasn't happened. This is feeling like its already a done deal.

I'm sure when it hits the PTR there will be a feedback stickied thread there in the PTR forum since you know that's where discussion about PTR stuff goes..why this hasn't been moved there is beyond me

I see a couple problems with that, first of which is general gets all the traffic so it should still be a sticky redirect on general, and secondly its most likely already a done deal. The reality is the people working at Blizzard are some of the best and brightest in the industry and they have likely studied the impact of an in game store for months now if not a couple years and if they have gone this far with it already they have made up their minds.
Edited by Judgernaught on 7/11/2013 8:38 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Rogue

I see a couple problems with that, first of which is general gets all the traffic so it should still be a sticky redirect on general, and secondly its most likely already a done deal. The reality is the people working at Blizzard are some of the best and brightest in the industry and they have likely studied the impact of an in game store for months now if not a couple years and if they have gone this far with it already they have made up their minds.

To me that's like saying everything on the PTR is a done deal unless you're referring only to the in game store, a redirect sticky would be fine and dandy and do the job.
11 Draenei Paladin
To me that's like saying everything on the PTR is a done deal unless you're referring only to the in game store, a redirect sticky would be fine and dandy and do the job.

Yes of course I am referring to the in game store, that is all this thread is about and frankly the most important subject in WoW at the moment, not that you would know it by the lack of activity it is generating.

I suppose though once it is on live servers that is when the forums will boil over with threads about it, of course by then it really will be far to late.
Edited by Judgernaught on 7/12/2013 7:39 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Warrior
Oh god they decided to do the F2P item store test. Next to do anything of worth, you will have to constantly buy limited and expiring pots. You will need to buy runes to be able to res. And all the fixings.

A competative F2P player will spend over $100 in a month.
Thats a lot more than WoW's monthly.

The less competative, but still wanting to accomplish something. These players often pay around $40 or so a month. I played 5 different F2P's and these are all just figures from friends over these years. And how much I saw them spend. Actual figures may vary.

For me on these games I paid around $30 a month. F2P (Free 2 Play). Is more a Pay 2 Stay Competative system.

Pay for :
pots
res stones
xp items
upgrade gems
et etc

If they really do add this. Its to test the F2P model on the WoW community. Then slowly they will edge more and more into an item mall. I say we all voice now, and say no. Or forever hold our peace.
Edited by Darkreign on 7/11/2013 9:57 PM PDT
80 Night Elf Druid
All I have to say is many people will quit and never look back when this goes live.

Cash Store for in game benefits is a big NO NO in a Pay to Play game in MANY people's eyes.

I'm going to find something else to do with my spare time if it comes live.
90 Human Paladin
i have to say im impressed with the playerbase for taking a stand againest blizzard on this one..this will be one hell of a story to watch... will blizzard be cocky enough to add this store?(i think so..) will will see wow's fall? only time will tell.. however keep up the great feedback
100 Dwarf Death Knight
After you see their plan, you have the choice of protesting, or forgetting.
100 Night Elf Druid
i have to say im impressed with the playerbase for taking a stand againest blizzard on this one..this will be one hell of a story to watch... will blizzard be cocky enough to add this store?(i think so..) will will see wow's fall? only time will tell.. however keep up the great feedback

I completely agree. It is so refreshing to see so much solidarity on this topic. Yes, there have been a few people that love the p2w style games in this thread, but the civility of this thread has given me hope.

I think everyone can see now that the whole lesser charm system was set up for this potential pay for extra chances system. And if it wasn't, it sure reaks like it was. Blizzard is tip-toeing into these little micro-transactions that we won't think anything of until eventually we've been snowed.

The basic ease-into micro-transaction is all about creating the inconvenience and then solving it with a conventient micro-transaction.

Oh you don't want to do 75 dailies for your lesser charms... $.99.

Oh you don't want to level an alt for 2 weeks... $1.99

Oh you want a dance studio ... $.99 per dance.

Oh you want player housing ... $12.99 per house.

... Someone is already thinking "I'd pay for that!"

Oh you can't beat the last boss... $2.99 / kill. ... too far?

They have to build up to this slowly or the knee-jerk reaction would lose too many players like many have said in this thread.

But Blizzard gets this threat every day... "If Blizzard does _____, I'm quitting". They probably don't even hear it anymore. Probably as often as others saying "buh bye".

But this begs the question... if Blizzard wants to milk us for more money... what ways are acceptable?

THE PROBLEM IS... as soon as there is micro-transaction like these in the game, the pressure grows on Blizzards side to MAKE US buy them.

They have to add little "control panels" (governors if you will) where they can make us have to play more and more until we can't play enough so we have to buy. Or harder and harder that our skill isn't enough that we have to buy. Or uglier and uglier that we look lame and want to buy.

I don't want to be manipulated this way.
90 Night Elf Priest
If blizzard is thinking of selling [Lesser Charm of Good Fortune] does this mean we will be using them going into 6.0 (level 95) and go? or are they just going to dump them later on and move to something new again.

Would be nice for blizzard to keep using [Lesser Charm of Good Fortune] from now on.
11 Draenei Paladin

I can only partly agree with that sentiment, as the in game store is an overarching and fundamental change and no mere class buff or nerf or any other ultimately inconsequential change it is not getting anywhere near the attention it deserves. Of course being left in the dark as to Blizzards immediate intentions for it where American realms are concerned is a great way to keep the masses quiet.
100 Night Elf Druid
If blizzard is thinking of selling [Lesser Charm of Good Fortune] does this mean we will be using them going into 6.0 (level 95) and go? or are they just going to dump them later on and move to something new again.

Would be nice for blizzard to keep using [Lesser Charm of Good Fortune] from now on.

Why do you say this? Is it because you have lots and lots of them? Is it because in your mind you think ,"well if they charge someone else that's okay because I have plenty"?

If so, don't lull yourself with that argument. How hard would it be for Blizzard to add some cool mount for say... I dunno 5000 lesser charms for the new Faerie Dragon that everyone is dying to have right now. Poof there goes your stash and others either have to farm for weeks or buy charms.

The KEY problem to these charms is that they control the drop rate, so don't be fooled into thinking because I have a lot now, I always will. Or just because they are so easy to get, I won't buy them later.
Edited by Kurston on 7/12/2013 8:09 AM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
07/12/2013 07:45 AMPosted by Judgernaught

I can only partly agree with that sentiment, as the in game store is an overarching and fundamental change and no mere class buff or nerf or any other ultimately inconsequential change it is not getting anywhere near the attention it deserves. Of course being left in the dark as to Blizzards immediate intentions for it where American realms are concerned is a great way to keep the masses quiet.

This is not getting the attention it deserves right now. But, I suspect the overall outrage will grow exponentially once they actually add this shop in game. Only a small percentage of players read the forums, but boy is Blizzard going to get an earful if this really goes live. Once the whole game population sees that this is opening the door to pay-to-win, the game will seriously go downhill. I mean that in both subscribers, and in the quality and integrity of the game. Sure, they'll make a quick buck, but say good-bye to MANY long-term subscribers who are worth more money in the long run.
100 Night Elf Druid
This is not getting the attention it deserves right now.... Once the whole game population sees that this is opening the door to pay-to-win, the game will seriously go downhill.

I don't think they are headed toward Pay-to-Win necessarily. But I can see them heading straight toward "fun pain" and "convenience" purchases.

That is... Pay for bag space, Pay to not do dailies, Pay to not grind mats or gear.

It will just fundamentally change what playing WoW means. ... and what developers create and why they create it... $$$
Edited by Kurston on 7/12/2013 8:35 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Hunter
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-new-video-game-realities-that-will-kill-industry/

Another great article that addresses problems with modern gaming, in general. Don't be put off that it's a Cracked.com article - the guy makes some pretty solid points. Specifically relevant here is #3 - the problems with microtransactions.
When people objected to pets and mounts in the store because it would lead to pay2win we were mocked, abused and promised the Almighty Blizzard was perfect and would never do such a thing on the forums by the Blizzard worshipers.

I would just like to say "hi" to hose people.

The only reason Blizzard has waited this long is because of the hostility people show towards the pet and mount store (but reluctantly tolerate it).

You are right on one type point. People kicked up a stink then forget/ignored it and blizzard went on their merry way. The same thing happened with CRZ. That went on for weeks, many massive threads about it. But that died down over time as well.

All they would learn from all this, people may kick up a stink. But over time they forget about it and go with it. They know they could bring this in, how many people would quit is something else. I doubt its as many as people are saying here.

Everyone should watch the milking that is about to come.

Though I have a crazy theory, blizzard want to destroy WoW. Then they can move everything into their titan game. Milk as much from people for the next 2-3 years, make the game worse and worse overtime. People will really start wanting a new game. Even with all the other MMOs out there nothing has even come close to how many subs this has. Rift was seemly the best, holding down subs for 2 years before turning F2P; The main reason I think people don't quit WoW is the amount of time they have put into it, the same thing when Titan hits, takes a lot to go to a new game. Unless the old game is utter crap compared to the new one.
100 Night Elf Hunter

If they do they will do a couple things.

1- give you a small amount of gold for the ones you have when 6.0 hits and bring your total to 0.

2- remove them from the loot table of all Panda zone mobs.

3- Remove them from all Dailies/Quests and Pet battles in Panda.

4- Add a new total(higher number than current likely 90 again) with new quest to get a new Master Token.

5- Add Dailies as the only way to get them at launch in the new expansion zone.

6- Offer them for a nice low amount to get you used to buying things on the Store.

7- cash in on the sales.
90 Troll Druid
As to this moment I have read a lot of "wow killers" topics in forums but being honest, wow is the only wow killer.

P2W has been a succesful model in ASIA where people LIVE their lives on line and have no RL, but that is not the case of Europe and America.

I am for one that if the game goes P2W will not be here around anymore, I guess i will go back to play Dota1 or just stop playing the game... Or even better, I will go back to TCG as yugioh where it is well known that competitive decks that can win tournaments are very expensive (around 900 bucks in Ecuador where I live).

Be careful where you stand activision, because the moment you take a path where 8M suscribers still play the game and doing mathematics 15usd... After a f2p p2w model how knows how many suscribers will be left and more important than that... Is your database of players the kind of playersd that has lots of money to spends in the most advanced systems to play? NO.
NO, becuase you have stated a lot of times that wow hasn't actualized their graphics core system because they want a game that can be played in almost every computer and a nt so demanding environment menaning that most players in your database don't have enough money to get a better computer, nor they will have enough money to p2w.

I am for the one that will not go down that road.
90 Troll Druid
Of course I stocked up on all the game-breaking weapons, and after a few gleeful moments of mowing through the Necromorph horde like Iron Man wading into a rage virus outbreak (DEVELOPERS PLEASE NOTE: I would totally buy that game as described, in other circumstances), I am now bored with Dead Space 2 less than three hours into it. Microtransactions ruined the carefully crafted system of risk and reward that makes a great game -- and I didn't intentionally buy a !@#$%^- thing.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-new-video-game-realities-that-will-kill-industry/#ixzz2YqsrLjWE
taken from: http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-new-video-game-realities-that-will-kill-industry/

This is wat is happening to my beloved game, it is all being handled to casuals who just come to the game for months then they leave... p2w will be the last mistake tha activision will see in this game since it will be the feature that will kill the game... rest assured that it will come to pass if the model gets implemented in america and europe

Edit: It is like when the farmer had a chicken that put pure gold eggs... He killed the chicken just because he tought that he could discover why the chicken did lie gold eggs and he was left with no chicken and no secret...
Edited by Jinzjan on 7/12/2013 10:27 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]