5.4 In Game Store 100% XP Buff/Transmog items?

100 Orc Death Knight
Just think, this is the company that once said:

"We will NEVER allow PVE to PVP realm transfers"

They turned down money for fear of ruining the integrity of the leveling process, now look at them. This is what they pull when profits are high, imagine what they will do for a few shekels once player numbers inevitable become much lower

I honestly don't understand how they expect to attract new players with their "triple dipping" price scheme. I'm guessing Blizzard's internal numbers show few brand new players coming into the game
86 Goblin Hunter

You are right on one type point. People kicked up a stink then forget/ignored it and blizzard went on their merry way. The same thing happened with CRZ. That went on for weeks, many massive threads about it. But that died down over time as well.

All they would learn from all this, people may kick up a stink. But over time they forget about it and go with it. They know they could bring this in, how many people would quit is something else. I doubt its as many as people are saying here.

Everyone should watch the milking that is about to come.

Though I have a crazy theory, blizzard want to destroy WoW. Then they can move everything into their titan game. Milk as much from people for the next 2-3 years, make the game worse and worse overtime. People will really start wanting a new game. Even with all the other MMOs out there nothing has even come close to how many subs this has. Rift was seemly the best, holding down subs for 2 years before turning F2P; The main reason I think people don't quit WoW is the amount of time they have put into it, the same thing when Titan hits, takes a lot to go to a new game. Unless the old game is utter crap compared to the new one.

Blizzard stopped listening to the cross realm zone hate brigade not because they were "kicking up a stink" but because they were hellbent on distorting every blue post and spreading misinformation and flat out lies while attempting to chase everyone out of threads that dared say anything remotely positive about cross realm zones or correct some misinformation (many times backing it up with multiple sources).

There is a reason why I drew parallels between the cross realm zone threads and this one and it is because I'm seeing the exact same rhetoric, fear mongering and mass hysteria that completely destroyed any potential constructive discussion. Again it isn't that Blizzard doesn't listen to players it is that players aren't giving them anything worth listening to.

I thought they fired you a long time ago Tseric. Welcome back.
100 Orc Death Knight
Remember, this is a shop coming, not just an xp boost. God knows what else they will sell, my guess is:
tabards
transmog gear
pet battle xp boosts
alternate spell animation packs
"goofy" items (think D.I.S.C.O.)
titles
etc

Well that didn't take long >.<
86 Night Elf Death Knight

They have said lesser charms... you can extrapolate easily where that heads.

Honestly? I don't give a damn. What ifs don't lead to constructive discussion. I said it before and I will say it again those of you who are so completely opposed to this cash shop are only shooting yourselves in the foot by derailing constructive discussion with completely unrealistic scenarios. Blizzard wants feedback on the information they have given us not what you think they might do later.

We have given feedback. The majority the complaints rests with the prospect of selling lesser charms, which are giving the upper hand to those who choose to pay, over those who obtain the currency by actually playing the game. Now, if -you- have nothing to add constructively, please leave the discussion.
86 Goblin Hunter
07/12/2013 07:43 PMPosted by Zanzul
And this is based on what exactly? Hyperbole? Ignorance?

Common sense.
100 Night Elf Rogue
When Transmog went into the game, people immediately started talking about the possibility of just buying armor looks.
Edited by Sydahh on 7/12/2013 7:48 PM PDT
11 Draenei Paladin
So quit playing, quit paying and cancel your sub and get the hell out already.

Run along sycophant.
10 Troll Warlock
Honestly? I don't give a damn. What ifs don't lead to constructive discussion. I said it before and I will say it again those of you who are so completely opposed to this cash shop are only shooting yourselves in the foot by derailing constructive discussion with completely unrealistic scenarios. Blizzard wants feedback on the information they have given us not what you think they might do later.
The information we have been given leads us to believe that Blizzard is reconsidering previous statements concerning what will be fore sale in the Blizz Store and we wish to voice concern that while this may be desirable and beneficial in Asian markets we would find such sales unwelcome given our billing and play style differences. Regardless of plans for the cash shop's tomorrow, its previously announced sale of the +exp potion and lesser charms is not without issue and many would prefer to not see such items in this market. Players are very concerned that these items will have a negative impact on the game and community.

Diplomatic enough?

It is funny to see people now screaming bloody murder over transmog items in the cash shop when not even 12 hours ago many of them were saying cosmetic items in a cash shop was ok
I still say it's OK. Many people in this thread were also saying it's not OK and store mounts/pets never should have happened.
Edited by Advicetroll on 7/12/2013 7:53 PM PDT
86 Night Elf Death Knight

You win the prize for most short sighted post on this subject in the whole thread, congratulations!

The real reason this is alarming is because the developers will start to engineer the game in such a way as to sell items from the store.

And this is based on what exactly? Hyperbole? Ignorance?

Based on almost every other MMO that has an in-game store? Based on the fact that money talks? Based on history, and common sense?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Zanzul the white knight of the Blizz gods who can do no wrong.

Blizzard hasn't given us any indication they plan to do anything like this and nothing on the PTR so far has indicated this may happen either.

Zarhym
We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.

Bashiok:
but in the meantime, we hope you’ll check out the in-game store once it’s implemented on the PTR and let us know what you think.

Clue alert, it will be in the PTR. Also, learn to recognize trends and patterns that set a precedence.
10 Troll Warlock
07/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Zanzul
My line is and has always been that one between vanity and non-vanity. They are welcome to try to sell me a set of fairy wings, but when they try to push lesser charms on me it's time to move on.

Bye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Xanzul, what bug crawled up your nether regions today?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10428013/New_Stuff_Coming_to_the_Pet_Store_-7_12_2013

Moggable only stuff, vanity items, pets, mounts; none of them give anyone an advantage in game by just pulling out a credit card. I'm 100% fine with these items in the Blizz store.

^This.

Doesn't impact gameplay. If peeps want to pay cash for vanity items, why not? They're happy, Blizz is happy, it doesn't contain any calories, or cause tooth decay.

As long as Blizz has the sense to keep it to these types of items, it's a non-issue. But I'm still waiting on the "convenience" shoe to drop...

"BY THE POWER OF VISA!!!"
90 Gnome Warrior
And this is based on what exactly? Hyperbole? Ignorance

A Blue Post

First, we’ll be testing the in-game store with some new kinds of items we’re looking into introducing (in Asian regions, at the outset) based on player feedback: specifically, an experience buff to assist with the leveling process, as well as an alternate way to acquire Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. We’ve had a lot of requests from players in different regions for convenience-oriented items such as these, and as with other new ideas we’ve introduced as WoW has evolved—including Pet Store pets, mounts, and more—your feedback plays a hugely important part in determining what we add to the game.
11 Draenei Paladin

You win the prize for most short sighted post on this subject in the whole thread, congratulations!

The real reason this is alarming is because the developers will start to engineer the game in such a way as to sell items from the store.

And this is based on what exactly? Hyperbole? Ignorance? The desire to stifle real constructive discussion with red herrings? Blizzard hasn't given us any indication they plan to do anything like this and nothing on the PTR so far has indicated this may happen either. You can claim Blizzard is going to try to hide this but drop rates don't lie.

I realize your bias and less than average intelligence, combined with the numerous blows to the head you no doubt have suffered in your life make it extremely difficult to see the writing on the wall, but there it is.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]