5.4 In Game Store 100% XP Buff/Transmog items?

90 Worgen Hunter
07/13/2013 03:32 PMPosted by Daleus
so after asking my guild i got one for "i'd buy the xp boost" a hell no and an indifferent however the others online in the guild chose not to respond.

All depends on cost. For $10 probably not, unless it's a flask that persist through death. $5 maybe, still needs to persist through death.

If it was a 200% buff, $10 maybe, $5 absolutely. If it was $20 then no never, even if it was 300%.

But it's all relative, in Guild, some folks make fun of me for cause I buy Starbucks Coffee. They are competely happy with their 89cent gas station coffee. I can do either, but I'll always take a Starbucks when I can get it.

I see these Cosmetics and XP boost the same way. If the price is right, I'll do it. Others will never spend $4-6 on a cup of coffee. Oddly, Starbucks isn't considered money grabbing for selling $5 coffees

Do they charge you for the privilege of just walking into the store? Bad analogy is bad.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Would it be a better analogy to use a specialty club? You pay a cover fee, but once inside, if you want to have fun, you're going to be forking out more money.
86 Night Elf Death Knight
Would it be a better analogy to use a specialty club? You pay a cover fee, but once inside, if you want to have fun, you're going to be forking out more money.

So the club has changed then? Because I was having a lot of fun before. Now, to really have fun, I need to pay per song I want played by the DJ, pay for a spotlight to personally follow me around on the dance floor, extra to have a few good-looking people be interested in me so I feel cool, extra to cut in line, and extra for brand new expensive drinks that are way better than the regular ol' drinks I've always enjoyed in the past. Paying the cover charge, dancing, laughing, and socializing is just no longer cutting it anymore. Now, there's the people who pay their measly cover charge and stand against the wall like a loser, and then there's the people who are having a blast turning their pockets inside out. So much fun!

I think I'll take my business to another establishment then. It's turning into a place I don't recognize anymore.
Edited by Manticora on 7/13/2013 9:21 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue
So the club has changed then? Because I was having a lot of fun before. Now, to really have fun, <snip>

Don't shoot! I was only agreeing with the poster above me that the analogy was poor, and offering a substitute. :)

However, to address your post.. you don't know if the club has changed yet. Perhaps you'd like to offer suggestions as to how everyone could keep their cake and eat it too?

I know that I don't want the store to be obtrusive. If I want to use it, I need to click on a button for it. I don't want it to pop up unexpectedly and I sure as heck don't want store items displayed along side in-game items when at a vendor.

Then, I'd like Blizzard to use our account History to gate any QoL boosts, effectively ensuring the integrity of the initial gaming experience.

Also, I would like to see every QoL item that a player qualifies for apply only up to the last ex-pac, keeping the integrity of the current development aimed at providing a winning experience.

That's how I would like to see an in-game store, if we are to have one.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Keep this thread alive!
90 Draenei Paladin
If this is allowed to continue there is going to come a time when we'll be buying our character model upgrade packs from a Blizzard Cash Store or Player Housing, or whatever popular pet/mount the forums have been requesting for years (like the Bat Mount).

This is not people getting in hysterics for nothing, this is people watching Blizzard start the same path many, many other companies have gone down.
90 Draenei Shaman
The XP boost seems to be aiming for the Asian markets where these types of things to speed gameplay are wanted and the norm

Well to be honest, I don't want it to become the norm here. Just my opinion of course.
Bump for support.

The more I see of this, the less I like.

I'm ashamed to say that I have a pet store pet, but I didn't know at the time that it would evolve to this.

This road to profit is a one way ticket.

If there is a wow strike group starting to protest this I will happily join and vote with my dollar.

Gamers changed the Xbox One, our money has more power than our words.
Edited by Monknorris on 7/13/2013 8:12 PM PDT
If blizz wants to put a massive cosmetic store into the game they have 3 options:

1.- drop the sub price to 10$-5$

2.- Free to play

3.- remove it from the game and leave the old overpriced cosmetic items for the naive people on the old blizz store.
90 Night Elf Hunter
It will be interesting to see Blizzard divert more and more resources to making money from the store once it is launched.
90 Gnome Mage
Conspiracy theories ...........are some times correct.
90 Draenei Shaman
Keep this thread alive!

This, I see thing's are dying down as they usually do, And that is part of the reason some things get by. Because people just give up. Keep letting them know!
86 Night Elf Death Knight
So the club has changed then? Because I was having a lot of fun before. Now, to really have fun, <snip>

Don't shoot! I was only agreeing with the poster above me that the analogy was poor, and offering a substitute. :)

However, to address your post.. you don't know if the club has changed yet. Perhaps you'd like to offer suggestions as to how everyone could keep their cake and eat it too?

I know that I don't want the store to be obtrusive. If I want to use it, I need to click on a button for it. I don't want it to pop up unexpectedly and I sure as heck don't want store items displayed along side in-game items when at a vendor.

Then, I'd like Blizzard to use our account History to gate any QoL boosts, effectively ensuring the integrity of the initial gaming experience.

Also, I would like to see every QoL item that a player qualifies for apply only up to the last ex-pac, keeping the integrity of the current development aimed at providing a winning experience.

That's how I would like to see an in-game store, if we are to have one.

I didn't mean to come off as attacking you or your analogy. I was just trying to create a metaphor about how I feel about this whole thing.

As far as your question about how everyone can have their cake and eat it too - I am not too thrilled with the possibility of the best looking gear being sold in the store from now on. But I am willing to accept the expansion of the store if they drop any sort of character enhancing items they are thinking about selling now (lesser charms, XP boosts). I would also like to see Blizzard agree to never expand on that, and reassure the playerbase that there will be no changes in game play to encourage store purchases (creating obstacles or using gambling psychology to funnel people into the shop, making the best looking gear available in the store with no alternate way to get it, etc.)

I would like to hear them say definitively that they will NEVER sell rep, valor, justice, honor, gear with stats, bag space, more character slots, a third spec, etc. -- anything that everyone should be able to obtain by playing. All of that should be acquired in-game, and open for everyone to gain on their own since they are already paying a subscription.

If Blizzard is hurting for money that much (more like struggling to please the stockholders), I would tolerate the store ONLY if there are no ads in-game, only if it's strictly cosmetic, and that the store button is easily able to be hidden with a checkbox or something.

Of course, I would prefer if there was no in-game shop whatsoever, as I feel it is too intrusive and cheap feeling. We are already paying for a subscription, expansions, and character services such as transfers.
Edited by Manticora on 7/14/2013 10:06 AM PDT
90 Goblin Shaman
tell me which is more the players on the NA severs or the number of posters from the NA servers here?

Okay then, MMO-C currently has over 700 replies to the front part of their page:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3306-New-Stuff-Coming-to-the-Pet-Store!?page=39#comments

MMO-C almost never gets that many replies to a front page thing unless it's something people don't agree with.

I'm almost scared to go look at the EU forums.
87 Night Elf Priest
I just came back to the game after being absent since Dragonsoul raid came out. If an in-game shop goes live and they do not remove the sub to play then I will be cancelling my sub and will go back to playing Rift or GW2.

I am sorry but having an in-game store and charging for a sub is a cash grab and reaks of desperation to me.

You can't have both Blizz. Either you go F2P and sell crap in game or you leave that store out of the game and keep you sub.
90 Tauren Shaman
Blizzard could solve this problem by coming out and announcing that they will NOT be introducing pay2win in EU and NA but only in Asia where a completely different pricing model operates.

They had the opportunity to say that in this very thread (blues have responded.) The fact that this was not said leads me to believe that it's because it is coming here, and quickly. I bet if they could patch it into 5.3 they would do it in the morning.
90 Draenei Shaman
Not giving up on this yet, back to the front page we go.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Not giving up on this yet, back to the front page we go.

Bumping of threads is against the rules.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]