5.4 In Game Store 100% XP Buff/Transmog items?

90 Pandaren Warrior
I hate leveling. Also the rare dr is awful. I'd buy some of these out of pure laziness.
Edited by Thatius on 7/20/2013 3:27 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue
07/20/2013 01:43 AMPosted by Achievementz
223 pages of feedback that Blizzard will completely ignore.

They don't care. They think their clients are moron money machines.. and they are some what right. They are catering to these people on purpose.

Says the person with 2 pets and a mount from the store....Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.
90 Human Rogue
i like my new hat ((:

i am from australia and this hat was cheaper than a movie ticket!

yippee!
Edited by Lanaeya on 7/20/2013 6:08 AM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
Why is the OP highly rated.

I don't even.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Maybe this is their way of telling us that they're planning on going F2P soon. In all reality, it's still only in the PTR. They're testing it; seeing if they like it or not. Nothing is set in stone yet.
And even if it is added, don't buy it if you don't like it. Truthfully, it's Blizzard's game. They can do what they want. They listen and do what would work and sell. You just pay to play it.
Some people tend to forget that when it comes down to it, it's all about money.
90 Goblin Hunter
I can only imagine they are getting some feedback regarding alt progression, gamers are impatient by nature for the most part, and don't want to spend countless hours on each alt after a certain point. I know people with 12+ level 90s and if you ask them to create a toon on another server the reaction is almost amusing, "NO WAY.. I will NOT put myself through another tedious grind to 90."

Personally, I don't mind the leveling process, but if they dangle this elixir in front of me, I am more than inclined to grab it out of sheer laziness and the potential that it could stack with the toons I still have that are heirloomed to the teeth. :D
90 Dwarf Warrior
I dont like the idea that my money is being spent paying someone to make this stuff... The time would be much better spent creating new content.

I'd put in a dollar for a new heroic 5-man... Oh man, that would be terrible if there were content for sale in the cash shop.
90 Human Paladin
Ok, here's my 2 cents.

*IF* they bring a cash shop to the game, and that is a big if, I can see the positives and the negatives of this. While yes, it can boost income by selling vanity items for a small fee, it would keep it away from the "You must pay $x to continue!"

They might as well issue all account holders with a card reader that asks you to insert your bank card and remove all funds from your account prior to playing the game if they went down the P2Win route.

I know this has all started off over an XP boost potion, and that many don't think this is a pay2win item, but here's another way to look at it: What if you started a toon at the same time as someone who is using full heirlooms, guild perks, XP boosting potion, etc. and you try to keep up with them? They are simply going to outlevel you, pure and simple. Now, as I said before, many will not see this as pay to win, but is it fair to those who either cannot afford this XP potion, or refuse to purchase it since they feel that the $15 a month they pay should be sufficient enough to have these items already, without having to pay any extra per month for things like this?

I don't think it is. RaF and Heirloom levelling is, in my opinion, fast enough as it is.

There have been others saying "but there will be more people queueing for lower level instances", this is true, but for those that say "end game is everything", if there's more people in a queue for a low level instance - they aren't playing their 90's are they? So endgame suffers to allow people to grind up alts faster.

Although this increased levelling pace is a good thing in my mind, but it should be available to EVERYONE at NO EXTRA COST.

Keep it fair for everyone, and please please please make the endgame less of a grind. I have been tempted to put World of Warcraft on my CV since it feels more like a job than a game most of the time.

Now, here's my constructive part of the post.

Blizzard is a business, and their primary aim is to generate as much income from various revenue streams as possible. This is very basic business acumen.

However, what is the point in trying to exploit as many revenue streams as possible when they appear to be paying little apparent attention to cost control, and the effects that this has on their customers?

To clarify, as a cost cutting excercise that will benefit the game - Merge low population servers. This will have a beneficial effect on costs by doing the following: 1. Merging two servers will reduce the outgoing costs of maintaining and upgrading these servers by half (in basic theory). 2. Fewer servers mean shorter maintenance periods. Using the 2 to 1 method again, you are halfing the time required to carry out maintenance, and as such, the servers will be online for an increased amount of time, thus generating more revenue since an offline server doesn't generate revenue.

This in itself, especially if more realms are merged together than the 2 into 1 example I have used here, will allow the company to make that $15 much more efficient, freeing up expenditure that can be put to better use generating new content.

It will also have a beneficial effect on the playerbase since there will be more people on each realm, and as such PUG groups would possibly become easier to find (due to the increased activity per realm), the economies of each realm would improve, raiding guild would be able to do just that - raid due to there being more people on the servers who would possibly be more inclined to do so rather than LFR.

In short, I would suggest the in game shop for the markets that require them (i.e. China and LA), but keep them well away from the likes of the US and EU where they would be nothing but detrimental in my opinion to those regions. And make the money that you do get from subscriptions go further by making the business as efficient as possible, and by using effective cost control methods. Why pay for dozens of servers when they could be condensed down to a handful? It's a waste of time, money, and effort in maintaining them.

Now, I know that I will probably get flamed, moaned at for going off topic, and whatever else. But I feel these should be steps taken by Blizzard BEFORE trying to use a diminishing userbase as a cash cow to try to maintain or even grow their revenues. At least then, I would know that Blizzard has tried to reduce superfluous spending BEFORE they have to resort to an in game store that will, I expect, become a method of Pay2Win.
90 Pandaren Monk
If blizzard goes down this route...

They will still be the very last MMO to do it.
90 Pandaren Monk
07/20/2013 05:16 AMPosted by Mythox

They don't care. They think their clients are moron money machines.. and they are some what right. They are catering to these people on purpose.

Says the person with 2 pets and a mount from the store....Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

That sir, was some premium pwnage. /salute!
90 Blood Elf Mage
I have one last thing in this post to say to the buyers of these items. Think about what youre buying and realize what will happen if you continue to buy when its over priced. Fight to get the prices down if they HAVE to put in more store items. I have wasted so much money on games when I was younger and looking back it isnt worth it. =/ If the store sells some in game items that npc are wearing that i cant get otherwise im really done this time. I started this game when i was 18 and am 27 now. My money will be more well spend on saving money for a house with my husband or saving money to start having kids. 15/m is great because stops me from going out doing other things but if it becomes pay to win there are plenty of other good free games out there. Just make a smart choice. I have a friend who spent $1000 on a spectral tiger when it was new which im sure he realizes now was stupid. Think before you spend everyone... I will keep enjoying wow until they sink it
90 Dwarf Paladin
07/20/2013 01:43 AMPosted by Achievementz
223 pages of feedback that Blizzard will completely ignore.

Boy you can just hear the Rage Against the Machine music in the background of these two posts, can't you? Or whoever the 2013 equivalent is.

I understand corporations are natural targets, but what I find interesting is how entertainment businesses can get the same level of bile and vitriol leveled at them for doing much less then other industries. To get this level of hate Enron had to bankrupt thousands of employees and defraud even more thousands of shareholders, Dow had to own a subsidiary in India that poisoned and killed thousands of residents, and all Blizzard had to do was make some minor changes to a video game.
90 Night Elf Rogue

That sir, was some premium pwnage. /salute!

While I understand that people are upset over some of the items that are going into the shop,some of the most vocal opponents of this seem to have one or more of the current store items.
90 Orc Warrior
I really wish for Kor'kron tabards and Capes on some the npc of battlefield barrens if you add that next line of Transmog times I would love to have that and who knows we may get the scarlet tabards and outfits for you scarlet's fans

or some the tabards here we can't get no longer get etc http://www.wowpedia.org/Tabard

able to buy Transmog items so much better then risking gold arms and a leg in the black market I would love see more hell we may see Warcraft items that are tranmogable since Hood of Hungering Darkness look like Horde 1 Death knight riders helm

What ever the case I really like to get Cool items that would have me not pulling my hair out of inase bad boss drop rate not have to wait week form week waiting just to get it

So I I can't wait to see if they may add I don't know Sha claws, Kor'kron shoulders or other Monster items that we can use.
90 Dwarf Shaman

While I understand that people are upset over some of the items that are going into the shop,some of the most vocal opponents of this seem to have one or more of the current store items.

I have bought a mount and a few pets from the store, and received a few as gifts as well. At the time I didn't see any problem with buying pure vanity items with real money. They didn't help me progress in the game or enable me to skip any game content. They were just for fun.

There were other things that were sold for real money, such as race change, that I always felt were not just for fun. I know quite a few people have paid to change their race to a troll for the racial bonus, for example.

Exp boosts and lesser charms that may be sold in the store in the future are definitely not just vanity stuff. My main is drowning in lesser charms but my alts (like this shammy) are not, and they are the characters I'm in the process of gearing up. So I'm sure some people would be tempted to buy charms in order to avoid doing any dailies on their alts.

In the end, while some of the items are purely cosmetic, some are not. And yes, I am starting to think that maybe I did contribute to the current development when I bought my pets. I won't be buying any "convenience" items Blizzard may start selling in the future.
90 Worgen Warrior
So where exactly are the P2W items that Blizz is, or will be selling? People point to a 5 year old article that refers to P2W items. They point to crendors video, which refers to P2W items. Where are they? People mention "essential" items. They mention Blizzard is "gouging" us like the oil companies. I don't know about you, but my car "needs" gas. I don't "need" cosmetic items. I don't "need" xp boost when I can level a toon to 90 in 4 days.

Until Blizz actually puts P2W items in the store while being a subscription MMO, I have zero issues with any of it.
90 Orc Warrior

I bought the one mount I have partly because I liked it, partly because it was account bound and I hate the mounts you get from trainers. If I had know all mounts would be account bound some day I wouldn't have bought it. I only use the mount on one alt now, and that is mostly to still justify what I paid for it years ago.

Two of my three pets were gifts, and the other I bought half price.

When I bought my items it was before I realized the store would get the quality pieces from now on and the game would get the left overs. Now that I realize the best looking stuff will cost more than a subscription im getting annoyed.

Ive stated this several times through out this thread. Try reading all of the pages and not just reacting to the title.
90 Draenei Shaman

LOL I would NEVER EVER PAY for anything for this game. In fact.. I haven't paid a subscription in YEARS. Other players pay my sub, if this game actually cost me anything, I would have left back at the end of Vanilla. This game is absolute garbage as are most of the people who play it regularly.

Then leave. I don't think you're adding much to this topic anymore anyhow.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]