5.4 In Game Store 100% XP Buff/Transmog items?

100 Human Mage
This is a fantasatic idea! I wonder what the price point would be. I would pay $5 for one if it lasted a decent amount of time. $10 if it was permanent to a character and up to $25 if it was bind.on.account unlimited use.
100 Human Paladin
People go out of there way to buy the 5 dollar WoW sales to recruit a friend and get themselves tons of EXP.... how is this any different. It's not... the sky isn't falling...
55 Gnome Death Knight
Its for an "in-game" store, which I find a bit curious. I would hesitate to call the online store we use for pets/mounts/various knickknacks to be "in-game."

Could this, instead, be purchasable from someone on that Timeless Isle, for in-game currency? Blizzard would want to entice people to go there, after all...
Edited by Cirno on 7/3/2013 12:48 PM PDT
100 Goblin Shaman
Leveling is already faceroll easy with every pre-cata elite being nerfed, who really cares.
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
those hardships as you call them is how people learn to play correctly, a better term might be practice and training.

And yet people still make it to max level without knowing where their interrupt is. We are getting proving grounds in 5.4 that will more than likely offer far more instruction than the 'leveling experience' does.
Edited by Hearus on 7/3/2013 12:53 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
Could this, instead, be purchasable from someone on that Timeless Isle, for in-game currency? Blizzard would want to entice people to go there, after all...

That's what I'm thinking. They already do something similar with reputations for this expansion: once you hit a certain level you can purchase something to boost your alts.

"In game store" doesn't indicate to me that it'll be purchasable with real money. Unless they're also implementing an actual in-game cash shop. I think it'll be the former option though.
90 Human Death Knight
Once we let them start selling pets and mounts, it was only a matter of time.
100 Human Paladin
People go out of there way to buy the 5 dollar WoW sales to recruit a friend and get themselves tons of EXP.... how is this any different. It's not... the sky isn't falling...

I think Blizzard should offer a buff for real money that makes leveling take longer and be much harder.

Seems like half the "old skool" posters on the forums would love something like this.

(Only a very, very small minority would ever buy it. Ever.)
Edited by Kezmaefele on 7/3/2013 12:56 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Once we let them start selling pets and mounts, it was only a matter of time.

Everything started going down hill when we let them get away with the clam stacking changes.
35 Draenei Monk
*wrings hands together* good...good. Get the full hierlooms on my monk, get the 50% exp boost from meditation, and then this 100% Shaka khan. Bam! Won't even need to quest.
90 Undead Priest
That's what I'm thinking. They already do something similar with reputations for this expansion: once you hit a certain level you can purchase something to boost your alts.

"In game store" doesn't indicate to me that it'll be purchasable with real money. Unless they're also implementing an actual in-game cash shop. I think it'll be the former option though.

I hope you are right. The main reason I (and many others) agree to pay a monthly fee on the game is because no one has an advantage just for pay more money.
90 Undead Death Knight
It does say in game store, the Blizzard store isn't an ingame store.
74 Pandaren Monk
If you pay real money for this, there will be no going back.

But you will have your idiots who will gladly pay money for an XP Boost in game they already pay Monthly fees for.
90 Human Warrior

I hope you are right. The main reason I (and many others) agree to pay a monthly fee on the game is because no one has an advantage just for pay more money.

I think as I said we should give feedback and not count our chickens before they hatch. Because to the Devs the PTR is their Azeroth as the Devs are like the Titans. Get it?
Edited by Aeluron on 7/3/2013 1:00 PM PDT
100 Undead Warlock
Hopefully that 'In-Game Store' means a JP or possibly Valor Vendor.

Selling this for real money would be a step into transitioning into P2W, though there would be quite a few other steps and stages to it...
100 Human Rogue
Don't complain this is JUST FOR PTR purposes all those silly things you complain might not even happen EVERYTHING IN THE PTR IS FOR TESTING PURPOSES AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE so before ya complain WAIT TIL PATCH RELEASES and bliz give updates before ya complain.
Blizzard already has this, it's just called RAF and it's $5 for 30 days and a 500% exp boost.
Edited by Venomheart on 7/3/2013 1:02 PM PDT
100 Troll Shaman
Requires Level 85
90 Worgen Death Knight
How does this effect you if someone buys it? it does not, if they sell it for $5 or $10 I would buy it for sure, if your crying cause it costs money then get a job.

So much crying about something that would have absolutely no effect on your gameplay if someone else had it.

Whining for the sake of whining.

It's a great idea.
90 Undead Priest

I think as I said we should give feedback and not count our chickens before they hatch. Because to the Devs the PTR is their Azeroth as the Devs are like the Titans. Get it?

This is clearly feedback.

"I'm not ok with selling experience buff with real money".

"I'm ok with selling experience buff with in game currency".
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]