5.4 In Game Store 100% XP Buff/Transmog items?

90 Human Death Knight
I wish they would just let me buy a max level toon :(

I would be more than happy to pay for that. I've leveled so many toons on so many accounts over the years just the thought of leveling anymore makes me die inside. This is a step in the right direction.
70 Human Hunter
Who cares. It's optional.

Why is it so bad to have two paths for XP options?

Don't want something from the store? Get an heirloom.

Don't want an heirloom? Get it from the store.

I'm waiting for a blue post on this. If this turns into microtransactions, I'm leaving. Unsubbing immediately.

There's a fine line, blizzard.

And, yet, you're still here post RaF?
Edited by Julessa on 7/3/2013 3:20 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
Crap item. Elixir of Ancient Knowledge is better and easily farmed. I have 32 of the things rotting on my bank character.

On your server, maybe. On mine, it's camped by at least six people at all hours of the day.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Early April fools? They said they would never sell stuff like this. If they do, then its time to make the game F2P.
90 Human Warrior
Early April fools? They said they would never sell stuff like this. If they do, then its time to make the game F2P.

You didn't really read it did you. INGAME STORE. It's going to be sold ingame by the currency we have in game.
90 Blood Elf Mage
07/03/2013 03:32 PMPosted by Zalberd
[quote]INGAME STORE. It's going to be sold ingame by the currency we have in game.

Because never is they history of gaming have they made the game cash shop accessible from within the game? Not to say it means it is, it could still just be anything at this point.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
07/03/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Zalberd
[quote]INGAME STORE. It's going to be sold ingame by the currency we have in game.

Because never is they history of gaming have they made the game cash shop accessible from within the game? Not to say it means it is, it could still just be anything at this point.

Yep, most all F2P games you can access the store within the game. Maybe they are going to add that for wow, so you can buy pets/mounts and I guess consumables without having to quit the game.
90 Human Warrior
07/03/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Dagnarus

Yep, most all F2P games you can access the store within the game. Maybe they are going to add that for wow, so you can buy pets/mounts and I guess consumables without having to quit the game.

No, you guys are conveniently ignoring the fact it requires to be level 85. That isn't Pay to Win.
90 Human Warlock
People already regularly RAF themselves or guildies for 2nd accounts so they can smash out a few 80's really fast, i personally have done this and think 300% more exp granted from RAF is perfect leveling speed. Anything less feels like such a chore.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
07/03/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Aeluron
Keep in mind that this does not mean it will be in the US or EU stores, or any store at all!
90 Orc Hunter
You guys remember when third spec was in a PTR build and we all freaked about it?

Some people really need to learn from their own history.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Yes please, I want all my toons to be level capped, and I would pay to make them level capped so I don't have to work so hard to make them capped anymore!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
keep in mind that this does not mean it will be in the US or EU stores, or any store at all!

So what, should we wait until it's already a done deal to tell them not to do it? This is at least an indication that Blizzard is considering it, which is in and of itself cause enough for concern.
90 Human Death Knight
07/03/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Xethorsiph
keep in mind that this does not mean it will be in the US or EU stores, or any store at all!

So what, should we wait until it's already a done deal to tell them not to do it? This is at least an indication that Blizzard is considering it, which is in and of itself cause enough for concern.

What is so bad about someone leveling faster from 85-90? I seriously do not get people, it would be one thing if Blizzard introduced a system where you could buy level 90 characters, but instead they might add something that allows people to level faster in a five level range.

EDIT: Not to mention with it being so late into the expansion you would think people wouldn't mind leveling a bit faster. If you enjoy leveling that's fine, you don't have to have something like this.
Edited by Kagg on 7/3/2013 4:47 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a purchase for faster experience gains. There are those that can afford it comfortably and just want to level alts to 90 faster, myself included.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/03/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Kagg

What is so bad about someone leveling faster from 85-90? I seriously do not get people, it would be one thing if Blizzard introduced a system where you could buy level 90 characters, but instead they might add something that allows people to level faster in a five level range.

EDIT: Not to mention with it being so late into the expansion you would think people wouldn't mind leveling a bit faster. If you enjoy leveling that's fine, you don't have to have something like this.

07/03/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Jakkhel

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a purchase for faster experience gains. There are those that can afford it comfortably and just want to level alts to 90 faster, myself included.

See, but here's the problem.

Long ago, when blizzard first introduced the cash store, Blizzard sold a pet. People flipped out, and here's why; offering payment for in game items services is a great way to kill a game. Such games are often called "pay to win", because you end up at a point where the only way to be on top in game is to spend out of game money. Such games inevitably crumble, because only a precious few are able/willing to invest their money in that way, and so they end up being the only ones around. With such a small player base, the game inevitably closes. Pay to win=inevitable doom.

Now, when the freak out happened, blizzard said what their line was; they would NEVER offer an in game advantage for real life money, it would only ever be cosmetic. They skirted that line when they started selling mounts, but with this, they have out and out crossed it, which is a troubling sign, considering what I just discussed above.

Further, it's also a sleezy move for blizzard to do. Those "pay to win" games usually share another trait; they're usually free to play. To charge money for a subscription, money for services like transfers, money for expansions, and THEN money to get top end items? Completely unacceptable.

And that's what this should be; it should be completely unacceptable. If blizzard wants this item in the game, it should only be available from in game means.

Now it's possible that that's their entire plan, even right this moment, and that this really is a case of "ptr is ptr". But it's also possible that it's not. And if it's not, the sooner and more severe the backlash, the more likely it is that this will be stopped.

Which it needs to be.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]