5.4 In Game Store 100% XP Buff/Transmog items?

90 Tauren Druid
People already regularly RAF themselves or guildies for 2nd accounts so they can smash out a few 80's really fast, i personally have done this and think 300% more exp granted from RAF is perfect leveling speed. Anything less feels like such a chore.

Oh man, heaven forbid it actually takes more than 1 day to level. Oh....the suffering.
90 Undead Monk
if this goes through it will be hugely popular

peeps hate leveling after the first time

In panda alone prolly 80%+ of players will get the xp buff cuz it takes so long.
90 Tauren Druid
5.4 - In Game Store - 100% XP Buff (Tracker)

In Game Store

In

Game

Store

wonder what that means
100 Night Elf Rogue
[

Now it's possible that that's their entire plan, even right this moment, and that this really is a case of "ptr is ptr". But it's also possible that it's not. And if it's not, the sooner and more severe the backlash, the more likely it is that this will be stopped.

Which it needs to be.

when did me hitting 90 no matter how i did it = winning the game? Does the boost also give me end game gear?

and http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100001590 says hi to your gold
1 Human Warrior
If this persists through the release of new expansions then this will be a bad problem
39 Tauren Druid
If we pretend that this is what it seems like...

Pay to level boost already exists. But its current form is pricey and inconvenient, meaning not too many people use it. This would make it more convenient and more commonplace. And thus something that could become (depending on the price) the new standard.

And that's not good.

Because it leads to developers then having a real incentive to design a game that "encourages" buying these boosters. For example, recently Blizzard devs reduced the experience needed to level to 90. If we could just buy these boosts, it would be in their best interest not to make such changes. I'm not saying that they are money-grubbing charlatans, but monetary incentives can be very persuasive.
90 Orc Warrior
07/03/2013 04:58 PMPosted by Firekeeper
5.4 - In Game Store - 100% XP Buff (Tracker)

In Game Store

In

Game

Store

wonder what that means
it means it's a store for in-game items
10 Troll Warlock
wonder what that means
That's kind of the kicker, since it could be several different things.
100 Night Elf Druid
If I see one non-cosmetic microtransaction, I will hit unsub. No, the guardian cub does not count as no one buys those off the AH anyways.
39 Tauren Druid
i think we can agree the sub numbers arent increasing anytime soon.
and wow has a very loyal base.

it is just a matter of time more and more paid services are offered.
i wonder how far they will go though.

Ugh... yeah.
100 Blood Elf Paladin

when did me hitting 90 no matter how i did it = winning the game? Does the boost also give me end game gear?

No, it doesn't yet, but if you read my post, you'll see I mention this being as a problem as a sign of things to come.

It's an ingame advantage that is not obtainable through in game means. It's a small one, I grant you that, but it's an advantage completely inaccessible in game. And that's a problem, because it's the line blizzard themselves said they wouldn't cross.

And the guardian cub was a bad step as well, and there was backlash then, and people said to calm down, that it wouldn't get worse. Here we are.
Edited by Xethorsiph on 7/3/2013 5:07 PM PDT
This is not a F2P model, and we should not allow it to become it.

To quote Hobbs from Fast Five...

"Your mistake is thinking you've got a god damn choice boy."

This is Blizzard's game, they are the ones who will decide which direction it goes in. The one and only choice you have is to either put up and shut up, or quit.

Your call, no one here will miss you.
97 Blood Elf Monk
Keep in mind that this does not mean it will be in the US or EU stores, or any store at all!
100 Night Elf Rogue

No, it doesn't yet, but if you read my post, you'll see I mention this being as a problem as a sign of things to come.

It's an ingame advantage that is not obtainable through in game means. It's a small one, I grant you that, but it's an advantage completely inaccessible in game. And that's a problem, because it's the line blizzard themselves said they wouldn't cross.

And the guardian cub was a bad step as well, and there was backlash then, and people said to calm down, that it wouldn't get worse. Here we are.

People also said the cub would ruin the game,which it hasn't and that backlash was over reaction too just like everyone is currently over reacting that something that isn't even active in the PTR...
90 Human Death Knight

See, but here's the problem.

Long ago, when blizzard first introduced the cash store, Blizzard sold a pet. People flipped out, and here's why; offering payment for in game items services is a great way to kill a game. Such games are often called "pay to win", because you end up at a point where the only way to be on top in game is to spend out of game money. Such games inevitably crumble, because only a precious few are able/willing to invest their money in that way, and so they end up being the only ones around. With such a small player base, the game inevitably closes. Pay to win=inevitable doom.

Now, when the freak out happened, blizzard said what their line was; they would NEVER offer an in game advantage for real life money, it would only ever be cosmetic. They skirted that line when they started selling mounts, but with this, they have out and out crossed it, which is a troubling sign, considering what I just discussed above.

Further, it's also a sleezy move for blizzard to do. Those "pay to win" games usually share another trait; they're usually free to play. To charge money for a subscription, money for services like transfers, money for expansions, and THEN money to get top end items? Completely unacceptable.

And that's what this should be; it should be completely unacceptable. If blizzard wants this item in the game, it should only be available from in game means.

Now it's possible that that's their entire plan, even right this moment, and that this really is a case of "ptr is ptr". But it's also possible that it's not. And if it's not, the sooner and more severe the backlash, the more likely it is that this will be stopped.

Which it needs to be.

So basically you think someone who can level faster than you is roughly equivalent to buying the best items in the game. I see it perfectly now! The tinfoil is upon me brother. In all seriousness however, the game is not going free to play, not now or anytime soon, that much is evident. Nor is the game going to die because you can level from 85 to 90 now in about the same speed as leveling from 80-85.

All you are telling me is, a bunch of people are going to get mad because of an item they do not need to have is now available by some means(we still do not know how it will be bought or acquired). People these days have NO CLUE what pay to win is anymore, and it is truly sad.
100 Blood Elf Paladin

See, but here's the problem.

Long ago, when blizzard first introduced the cash store, Blizzard sold a pet. People flipped out, and here's why; offering payment for in game items services is a great way to kill a game. Such games are often called "pay to win", because you end up at a point where the only way to be on top in game is to spend out of game money. Such games inevitably crumble, because only a precious few are able/willing to invest their money in that way, and so they end up being the only ones around. With such a small player base, the game inevitably closes. Pay to win=inevitable doom.

Now, when the freak out happened, blizzard said what their line was; they would NEVER offer an in game advantage for real life money, it would only ever be cosmetic. They skirted that line when they started selling mounts, but with this, they have out and out crossed it, which is a troubling sign, considering what I just discussed above.

Further, it's also a sleezy move for blizzard to do. Those "pay to win" games usually share another trait; they're usually free to play. To charge money for a subscription, money for services like transfers, money for expansions, and THEN money to get top end items? Completely unacceptable.

And that's what this should be; it should be completely unacceptable. If blizzard wants this item in the game, it should only be available from in game means.

Which it needs to be.

So basically you think someone who can level faster than you is roughly equivalent to buying the best items in the game. I see it perfectly now! The tinfoil is upon me brother. In all seriousness however, the game is not going free to play, not now or anytime soon, that much is evident. Nor is the game going to die because you can level from 85 to 90 now in about the same speed as leveling from 80-85.

All you are telling me is, a bunch of people are going to get mad because of an item they do not need to have is now available by some means(we still do not know how it will be bought or acquired). People these days have NO CLUE what pay to win is anymore, and it is truly sad.

No, damn you people and you're reading comprehension, I DON'T. I think this is a small, tiny advantage, that in the grand scheme of things won't matter much in and of itself. But what makes it a problem is that it's a step forward in a trend that ends there.
Community Manager
We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.
100 Night Elf Rogue

No, damn you people and you're reading comprehension, I DON'T. I think this is a small, tiny advantage, that in the grand scheme of things won't matter much in and of itself. But what makes it a problem is that it's a step forward in a trend that ends there.

Did you feel the same way about RaF, which from my understanding people have used to power level alts in a day

We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses

Thank you qall grand and powerful floating skull for showering us with info

EDIT: two to guess those regions.. : Aisa and i have no clue the others
Edited by Sydahh on 7/3/2013 5:18 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.

Zarhym.

What have you done.

You have unleashed the figurative might of Ragnaros upon the forums.

/emotionally stunned
87 Tauren Druid

andherewego.jpg
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]