Hunter CC needs to be nerfed

90 Night Elf Druid
The ability to instantly cast Scatter Shot into an instant 40 yd range Freezing Trap is very OP. Hunters have the ability to lock out someone for 12 seconds every 30 seconds. I was very excited for Freezing Trap to share DR with Scatter Shot in 5.3, but the change never went through which really bummed me out. This class's cc NEEDS to be nerfed (not to mention their ridiculous pet damage). Please go through with making Scatter Shot share DR with Freezing Trap, increase the CD of both abilities, or make Freezing Trap only cc the target for 4 seconds making it 8 seconds total. Most cc lasts 8 seconds in PvP (i.e Fear, Polymorph, Hex) so this would be a very fair change if it were to happen. Please consider this Blizzard. Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
First off, readyness will no longer reset freeze trap or scatter shot cd.

2. They are talking about making skater shot get a glyph to turn it into an interupt so that anyone who isnt marks gets a ranged interupt.

3. Most pet ccs have 2-1.5 min CDs.

4. they cant trap you if you are moving, and traps have a 2 sec arming time, they fire a trap at you, you get away, trap negated. Scatter shot has a 20 yard max range, if a hunter runs straight for you, hes trying to get in range to scatter shot you, stay 20 yards away, he cant do it to you.

Polly morph has no cd, you can chain cast poly morph to cc someone for 8 secs, then 4 secs, then 2 secs, same with fear, and sap. Most clases can get 2 more seconds out of their ranged cd than we can in a cc chain with out our pets with long cds on their ccs.

5. MM will be the only hunter spec with a interupt or silence that does not require a pet (thus missing out on a pet cc or pet heal if BM)

6. pet cc doesnt dr with scater or freeze (mokney blind is a disorient and DR's with scater shot), but we have a 4 sec dismiss in order to swap to a pet whos cc isnt on cd.

7. This is the hunter forrums, devs (Blues) dont read these.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The ability to instantly cast Scatter Shot into an instant 40 yd range Freezing Trap is very OP. Hunters have the ability to lock out someone for 12 seconds every 30 seconds. I was very excited for Freezing Trap to share DR with Scatter Shot in 5.3, but the change never went through which really bummed me out. This class's cc NEEDS to be nerfed (not to mention their ridiculous pet damage). Please go through with making Scatter Shot share DR with Freezing Trap, increase the CD of both abilities, or make Freezing Trap only cc the target for 4 seconds making it 8 seconds total. Most cc lasts 8 seconds in PvP (i.e Fear, Polymorph, Hex) so this would be a very fair change if it were to happen. Please consider this Blizzard. Thank you.

Idiot and/or troll.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

I don't like what I'm going to say now, but u made me:

DON'T FLOOD OUR BELOVED FORUM WITH YOUR USELESS QQ.

Thank you, have a nice day. BTW, read the 5.4 PTR. The devs have already attended your wish. Our CC got nerfed further.
Edited by Trolligado on 6/27/2013 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
06/27/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Envii
The ability to instantly cast Scatter Shot into an instant 40 yd range Freezing Trap is very OP. Hunters have the ability to lock out someone for 12 seconds every 30 seconds. I was very excited for Freezing Trap to share DR with Scatter Shot in 5.3, but the change never went through which really bummed me out. This class's cc NEEDS to be nerfed (not to mention their ridiculous pet damage). Please go through with making Scatter Shot share DR with Freezing Trap, increase the CD of both abilities, or make Freezing Trap only cc the target for 4 seconds making it 8 seconds total. Most cc lasts 8 seconds in PvP (i.e Fear, Polymorph, Hex) so this would be a very fair change if it were to happen.

Ignorance is bliss.

Please consider this Blizzard. Thank you.

Good luck if you think they will see this here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
SAYS THE DRUID!
Lol Cyclone
Reply Quote
Keep duration the same. Give trap laucher a cast time of 2 seconds and make it interruptable. Go ahead and make steady, aimed and power shot interruptable too.
Edited by Harbínger on 6/27/2013 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Keep duration the same. Give trap laucher a cast time of 2 seconds and make it interruptable. Go ahead and make steady, aimed and power shot interruptable too.

Too many nerfs already on PTR... please let the only "intact" CC (even though the readiness nerf hurts it a little) still intact. Think about balance, please.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Traps have a 2 sec arming time, giving trap launcher a 2 sec cast time time would make it have a 5 sec till trap can cc period. Cast, travel to target, arm, then cd. you are saying make scatter shot completly worthless, as the 4 sec disorient would be over and the player could get away in the 2 sec window (1 sec gcd incured for casting scatter shot.).
Edited by Eurugan on 6/27/2013 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
you are saying make scatter shot completly worthless
yes!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
You do realize that also makes freezing trap worthless as a cc that takes 2 secs to cast, a sec to get there, and 2 secs to be able to cc anyone would make it the weakest cc in the game (and all this ontop of a 30 sec cd), making hunters not worth using period in PVP when combined with the other nerfs we are geting. You are essentialy asking for us to be removed from PVP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
06/27/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Harbínger
you are saying make scatter shot completly worthless
yes!
you are clearly the worst warlock ever....... please stop posting on the forums unless you have something less "MONGO" to say , thanks in advance
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Of all that things to complain about a hunter..... really??? This???
Reply Quote

Make our cc traps spamable and not need a prep cc and you can make them casted
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
06/27/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Grapeshot

Make our cc traps spamable and not need a prep cc and you can make them casted

Make them hit the target instead of a target runing over a trap too and i will agree.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

Sure.

No more manual targeting, no trap arming time, no Cool down. Just like fear or Poly...

Every single hunter would love these changes.

You have never played a hunter if you think it is harder to poly or fear someone than it is to scatter trap someone.

I play a holy paly in arena and it is easier to get a hard casted repentance off with 2 melee in your face than it is to trap someone who knows how to negate it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
How about approaching this on a new angle? instead of constantly looking at the negative and asking to nerf this and that. Why not ask for a counter? or buff? for your class, think positive for a change you might like it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Instead of asking for the nerf Learn basic pvp and have your dps soak it up. GG.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Stop your retarted PvP QQ and learn to play. Sick and tired of my PvE enjoyment being ruined every patch by kids and their PvP QQ nonsense.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
It's funny because he's serious.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]