Possible Legendary Cape Procs?

90 Worgen Mage
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Flurry of Xuen - Your damaging attacks have a chance to trigger a Flurry of Xuen, causing you to deal 60% weapon damage to all targets in front of you, every 0.5 sec for 3 sec.

Endurance of Niuzao - The Endurance of Niuzao fully absorbs the damage of one attack that would normally kill you. This effect has a 60 sec cooldown.

Not to downplay a free Ardent defender. But if seige has an empress/windlord.....
Edited by Tributë on 6/27/2013 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I just hope they add the option to get multiple cloaks before then so I can have both to switch in and out as desired. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Flurry of Xuen - Your damaging attacks have a chance to trigger a Flurry of Xuen, causing you to deal 60% weapon damage to all targets in front of you, every 0.5 sec for 3 sec.

This is very...meh. Unless it's a multi-target fight where all the targets happen to be in range in front of you, this is a useless proc.

Endurance of Niuzao - The Endurance of Niuzao fully absorbs the damage of one attack that would normally kill you. This effect has a 60 sec cooldown.

So purgatory without the healing debuff kind of? That one is at least interesting and is pretty useful. Makes me kind of curious exactly how hard bosses are going to hit in SoO though.

I just hope they add the option to get multiple cloaks before then so I can have both to switch in and out as desired. >.>

I hope so. This isn't a legendary weapon we're talking about, it's a freaking cloak. Blizz would be stupid not to do this.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Oh son of a....

This is going to put warriors farther behind isnt it. (Monk/BM/DKs have 2h or 2 weps)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
This is very...meh. Unless it's a multi-target fight where all the targets happen to be in range in front of you, this is a useless proc.

Its free damage, no different really from our meta gem procs. I'm just hoping I won't have to take the Dodge cloak to get the free life proc for the fights I need it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Indeed, fasc. Wasted itemization makes me sad in the pants. Not that you can really avoid it. :/
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Xuen proc plus cleave proc plus multistrike proc = lots and lots of free damage.

We'll definitely have the ability to go super defensive or super offensive this tier. Plus that Stam/Crit trinket is pretty nifty.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I was contemplating taking the useless crit with haste or the semi useless dodge/parry without haste...

If there's a lot of cleaving able to be done, I might have to go switch cloaks...

And I agree, we should be able to get extra cloaks.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Not to downplay a free Ardent defender. But if seige has an empress/windlord.....

In part because the DPS proc will do even more damage, and in part because the tank proc will absorb 1 hit and the other 5 will still happily kill you!

Kind of annoying that one's strong in AoE and one's strong in single target. Hopefully they're not going to be unique anymore (though if they're going to be orange, they probably will be :P).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Braydrel, you don't seem to know what useless means.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Seriously, I have no idea why any of you would use the DPS one.

The cheat death one is the best tank ability you can access for free.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's not really though. Unlike with AD or Purgatory or Cheat Death, there's no secondary effect that gives you somewhat of a buffer (absorbing the hit AND guaranteeing 3 seconds for healers to catch up, or putting you at 15% health etc.).

It'll be nice for some instances, and it'll probably cover you through some cooldown mechanics that you can plan around. If the damage one proc strength is on the order of the Capacitance meta however .....
Edited by Slashlove on 6/27/2013 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
The way I interpret it, it completely negates the killing blow. Meaning if you were at 100% and got "killed" you'd still be at 100%, while AD would put you to 15%.

Of course, you could get feather tapped at 5% and die that way (well, I suppose the size of the hit doesn't matter, just your health at the time), but on the other hand the cooldown is much shorter than similar effects.

It'll be certainly tempting, anyway.
Edited by Asthas on 6/27/2013 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Have they released how you choose which enchant goes on your cloak? Is it determined by your talent spec, or which cloak you choose, or can you just go there and pay to get a different legendary enchant placed on there whenever you want?

Because uh, if my choices are between using the Crit/Haste cloak with the Flurry of Xuen damage boost versus the Dodge/Parry cloak with the Niuzao tank benefit, that is a gift horse that I will absolutely look in the mouth and complain about.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Seriously, I have no idea why any of you would use the DPS one.

The cheat death one is the best tank ability you can access for free.

Except that all cheat death mechanics proc on the first hit, so for DKs with Purgatory it's pretty weak :/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The way I interpret it, it completely negates the killing blow. Meaning if you were at 100% and got "killed" you'd still be at 100%, while AD would put you to 15%.

That's how I interpret it too. It'd require a pretty careful set of circumstances to be at 100%, AND know that you're going to take over that amount in damage from a hit though, if you wind up only taking 98% of your health from that hit because your Disc gave you a shield, it's done nothing special but have you sit there at 2% health.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
It's not really though. Unlike with AD or Purgatory or Cheat Death, there's no secondary effect that gives you somewhat of a buffer (absorbing the hit AND guaranteeing 3 seconds for healers to catch up, or putting you at 15% health etc.).

Are you high?

You'd rather have a tiny damage increase instead of a cheat death because you might die later? Sure, you might die later ... but you won't die for right now. That's all tanking is about ... dying a little bit later.

Except that all cheat death mechanics proc on the first hit, so for DKs with Purgatory it's pretty weak :/

I'm quite sure that this will have been considered.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

It would let you pick a different level 30 talent, I guess. Lichborne is still a useful self-healing cooldown isn't it? And AMZ got buffed to not suck for Blood? (Honest questions, my DK alt is awful and underplayed)

It would make more sense to make the cloak effect play nice with Purgatory - meaning that the cloak would proc first and go on cooldown without Purgatory proccing, and then if you take another lethal hit during that 60 seconds Purgatory would proc. It's likely that this will be how they designed the proc to work from the get-go, but far from a guarantee sadly.
Edited by Tailias on 6/27/2013 8:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You'd rather have a tiny damage increase instead of a cheat death because you might die later? Sure, you might die later ... but you won't die for right now. That's all tanking is about ... dying a little bit later.

I don't think you quite read that properly.

And "tiny" damage increase is a laughable concept in the current state of the game.
Edited by Slashlove on 6/27/2013 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I don't think you quite read that properly.

I have no idea what you mean. The whole point of tanking is putting off death. In situations where the tank is literally never in danger, sure, you could use the DPS cloak.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]