10N Dark Animus help plz

90 Night Elf Druid
Ok so tonight we are getting our butts kicked in 10m N Dark Animus. The problem is when the tanks have the 2 massive golems. We have a DK and Druid tank. The Death night can pull both massives off the Druid when needed to clear his stacks but the druid has no way to pull both massives of the DK because of the 8 sec CD on Growl. During that 8 secs there's still one massive beating on the DK that already has stacks.

Any advice? Our Healing comp is 2 R Druids and a R Sham
DPS is 2 Shadow Priests, Warrior, Pally, and Boomkin.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You don't need to activate both Massives. Fill up a Massive with 9 golems, kill another little one to activate boss, after 24 seconds of being alive he'll have siphoned out all the anima in the remaining little golems and you just burn boss and tank swap as needed. Incidentally, I think DKs can reset Massive stacks with AMS or something.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You don't need to activate both Massives. Fill up a Massive with 9 golems, kill another little one to activate boss, after 24 seconds of being alive he'll have siphoned out all the anima in the remaining little golems and you just burn boss and tank swap as needed. Incidentally, I think DKs can reset Massive stacks with AMS or something.

Wont we end up with interrupting jolt with that strat because he will gain too much Anima?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Wont we end up with interrupting jolt with that strat because he will gain too much Anima?

Probably. Is that a problem? IIRC it only does like 200k damage in normal, and even if DPS get interrupted errtime the enrage shouldn't really be an issue.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Go with the interrupting jolt.

Have your resto druids Pre-hot the raid. First jolt have resto druid A tranq, second one have resto druid B tranq, 3rd one have tide.

Treeform would be nice as well in getting hots out before jolt. Our tanks use their cds at that point.

We downed him 3 weeks ago and this way is super simple.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We do the strat with jolt as well, for jolt we just heal people up after it goes out and mitigate as much as possible before hand.

Do you have any logs for the attempts?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Making sure people are stepping out of Anima Font as much as possible, if you are doing Interrupting Jolt. We didn't know Anima Font can be avoided, and it caused us a few wipes when coupled with the jolt. On normal, the jolt could do around 300K damage without defensive CDs, and Anima Font is close to 250K per hit.
Edited by Jesminia on 6/27/2013 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I have always done Jolt as well. In addition to watching out for the Anima font, since you are doing 10 mans, have the resto shaman be in charge of Matter Swap. He/she can make sure the target(s) are topped before or after the swap, and make sure they DO NOT dispel it right before an Interrupting Jolt. ASK ME HOW I KNOW THIS! >.<
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Mine does jolt as well. We only downed it this week (with about 5/6 tries? before) and really, just go with the jolt. Make sure you're not healing when it goes off and then heal the raid up and everything's fine.

Really, the hardest part for us was managing the animas. Had some people using their aggro-dropping CDs by habit, so they'd go and roflstomp the healers.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10N, Jolt. Always. Easy to heal as long as matter swaps are appropriately dealt with (timed) interrupting jolt. Don't swap anyone with a jolt imminent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]