Jujubiju's Jujubes (OT Thread)

90 Troll Shaman
Man, I could use some cookie dough icecream or candy right now...

I'm attempting to stay awake the entire day to 'fix' my sleeping schedule. ><
90 Pandaren Priest
I feel so bad. Ugh.
100 Orc Shaman
HC
07/02/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Flintte

Pretty tough. I used to and still think it's paladins/druids. I think shamans take the cake for most creative whining. I mean, making a petition on change.org and whitehouse.gov.

As for roles, probably DPS but that's just because they have mages.

Shaman are the whiniest, but they do have good reason.

For dps, I would say Hunters.

You must have forgotten how priest and druids were(I'll leave out paladins but I remember them during beta). I remember priest going into other threads while having numerous capped front page threads(All while top guilds were still bringing them cause absorbs are invaluable), front page threads being de-railed, etc etc.
90 Pandaren Priest
You must have forgotten how priest and druids were(I'll leave out paladins but I remember them during beta). I remember priest going into other threads while having numerous capped front page threads(All while top guilds were still bringing them cause absorbs are invaluable), front page threads being de-railed, etc etc.

Yeah, we had a lot of angry Priests who apparently felt that consolidating complaints would get them ignored.

Then again, it's hard not to believe that when you see posts up for weeks with no response, and GC is over on twitter being flippant and trite about people's concerns.
100 Tauren Druid
The only group of people whinier than druids are those who lost an herb node to one.
90 Human Paladin
The only group of people whinier are those who lost an herb node to one.

winner
90 Human Priest
07/02/2013 07:05 AMPosted by Tiriel
GC is over on twitter

i hate that gc does twitter so much because it means that i would have to sign up for twitter in order to personally insult someone for being hysterical in their posts to him.
The only group of people whinier than druids are those who lost an herb node to one.

lol
90 Pandaren Priest
07/02/2013 07:12 AMPosted by Tsilyi
GC is over on twitter

i hate that gc does twitter so much because it means that i would have to sign up for twitter in order to personally insult someone for being hysterical in their posts to him.

I tend to try not to encourage the more hysterical tweets, but I do tweet to him from time to time to make points. I don't think he's a bad guy, I just disagree with him on quite a bit.
90 Night Elf Priest
i'm halfway through 89 to 90. I have to specify because CERTAIN people have to nitpick and get smart with me.
90 Dwarf Priest
Why. Why are they sending new players to low pop pvp servers?
Promise some of them will quit when they see nothing but ghost towns and gank fests.
90 Pandaren Monk
I personally believe GC doesn't know how to balance healers. Which is why they should take more Constructive feedback from the community. And move away from blanket nerfing classes to fix healer balance.

Still salty over 5.1 mana ultra nerfs
90 Human Paladin
Still salty over 5.1 mana ultra nerfs

It was pretty harsh but how bad would you be getting killed right now if they did not make the adjustment back then? Seems MW'ers scale very well with gear like Disc.

To be honest i think they do a pretty good job with balance. Sometimes they make some odd choices but being we do not know how things work 4 months from now, which they do, the changes proably make sense in the broader scheme of things.

edit: though i do think they could do a better job of explaining why they make some changes.
Edited by Taelaus on 7/2/2013 7:32 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
07/02/2013 07:31 AMPosted by Taelaus
Seems MW'ers scale very well with gear like Disc.

Well yes and no

Monks only really scale well with 1 stat.

Disc scales well 3 stats

It was pretty harsh but how bad would you be getting killed right now if they did not make the adjustment back then

Eh we'd be stronger then we are now but scaling would be boring so I'm glad they did nerf the !@#$ out of jab

After how shamans were treated for 2 xpac's I've lost faith in blizzard ;x
Edited by Suplift on 7/2/2013 7:41 AM PDT
100 Tauren Druid
In my opinion, there is a very fine line between balance and homogenization, and it can be difficult to stay on the correct side of that line. Personally, I like the fact that my paladin doesn't play like my druid, but I do want my paladin to be capable of keeping a small group of people up on his own, rather than simply being the world's best single-target healer, as they were in the past.

The main thing that contributes to this problem is that healers have to be balanced for a large number of widely differing contexts (arenas, BGs, raids, dungeons, etc.). Balancing the healing classes for contexts where you have just one healer (arenas), can break something where you need to look at healing team composition (RBGs).

I think that the bigger challenge isn't so much balancing the healing classes, as it is in designing encounters that cater to the strengths of all classes. In the current tier, Ji-Kun or Iron Qon seem to come the closest, as they have the most interesting mix of healing challenges, and no one class really seems to be either horribly gimped on those fights, or absolutely mandatory.
90 Pandaren Priest
I would say that Megeara also fits that definition, Pipi.
90 Human Priest
07/02/2013 07:46 AMPosted by Pipikaula
Iron Qon

this one is a great example of "these abilities come much too fast for spirit shell to be ready every time and that's a good thing!" (Fist Smash in particular) Blizzard should do more of this!
90 Pandaren Priest
07/02/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Tsilyi
Iron Qon

this one is a great example of "these abilities come much too fast for spirit shell to be ready every time and that's a good thing!" (Fist Smash in particular) Blizzard should do more of this!

That fight is more fun than it should be as Holy.
90 Human Priest
Holy.

>.> I've heard this term before somewhere. I believe it has to do with spinning turtles...
90 Pandaren Priest
07/02/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Tsilyi
Holy.

>.> I've heard this term before somewhere. I believe it has to do with spinning turtles...

Ur not a real Priest!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]