Hard to find a 2-handed weapon for Ret

100 Human Paladin
So ret paladins live by the sword and die by the sword, as its the most important gear piece for them and yet so hard to upgrade it. I been stuck for a couple months now with my 463 sword even though my ilvl is 480's. No amount of valor points help me as there is nowhere to purchase a better one. Raids and encounters have a very low chance of dropping one, and mathematically theres a good chance you never see one.

So im stuck hitting like a wet noodle and being made fun at :C

Why they dont sell weapons for valor points like all the other gear?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
they're everywhere. You've only done lfr elegon and council of elders once, not even sha of fear or lei shen who all drop a 2h, let alone all the other ToT lfr bosses who has a chance to give you 2 other weapons. Also heroic scenario has a chance to give you a ilvl516 2h. It seems you're not trying hard enough to find a weapon upgrade.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Get coins, run MSV or Sha of Anger and only use your coins on Elegon or Sha of Anger. You should get a wep since they buffed the drop rates so hard.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
You can buy 463~502 weapons from blacksmith. They're gonna be pretty expensive, but you can get LFR-caliber weapons outside of LFR.

Also, as Therm said, hScenario bags can yield better than LFR weapons...Upon which I still call BS.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, as Therm said, hScenario bags can yield better than LFR weapons...Upon which I still call BS.

My warrior has three X of the earthshaker from scenarios now, two maces and one sword. None of my other toons can I get one on.

If you don't want to buy one (a 476 or 502, depending on your server can run anywhere from 10k to 60k or higher) just make sure you're going through all the motions. Grab a group for a heroic scenario every day, it's probably your best odds of getting one, get coins for T14 and T15, get those LFR every week, and coin the bosses that drop weapons.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Thanks for all the good advice :D

Going to work on all those angles then...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
tyrannical weapons are 498 and there is no conquest requirement anymore and if you havent been doing any pvp your conquest weekly cap will be in the 15000 range. Spend an evening doing 2's with a random stranger for a crit/mastery 498 weap. EzPz

:D
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
tyrannical weapons are 498 and there is no conquest requirement anymore and if you havent been doing any pvp your conquest weekly cap will be in the 15000 range. Spend an evening doing 2's with a random stranger for a crit/mastery 498 weapon. EzPz

:D

This. Do this.

Even if you've never PVPed, you can always find someone who can carry you through 2s, All you need is like 20 wins in Arena and you get a tyrannical 498 ilvl weapon. I carry my friends alts when they ding 90 constantly.

Then do LFR and Heroic Scenarios.

Edit: Ghost Iron Dragonling. :p
Edited by Andhar on 6/29/2013 6:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
tyrannical weapons are 498 and there is no conquest requirement anymore and if you havent been doing any pvp your conquest weekly cap will be in the 15000 range. Spend an evening doing 2's with a random stranger for a crit/mastery 498 weap. EzPz

Even if you've never PVPed, you can always find someone who can carry you through 2s, All you need is like 20 wins in Arena and you get a tyrannical 498 ilvl weapon. I carry my friends alts when they ding 90 constantly

Do i need to win the fights or losing gets me some points? I never pvp so im at huge disadvantage.

Thanks again.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Edit: Ghost Iron Dragonling. :p

Whats wrong with my lil dragon cutie pie?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Do i need to win the fights or losing gets me some points? I never pvp so im at huge disadvantage.

Thanks again.

You have to win, and arena is in a pretty awful state now. You'd need to win 10 games a week for two weeks. If you don't pvp much.. I would seriously suggest avoiding doing this unless you know someone who is capable of carrying you entirely.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Thanks again.

You have to win, and arena is in a pretty awful state now. You'd need to win 10 games a week for two weeks. If you don't pvp much.. I would seriously suggest avoiding doing this unless you know someone who is capable of carrying you entirely.

Even with no experience, with a geared partner you might be able to squeeze enough wins just blowing cds on something. Just ask around, low ranking 2s is super easy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You will get wins eventually. That's how I just got my weapon - played with some strangers, and finally found a geared hunter and paid him 125g per win for the rest of the points.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
So ret paladins live by the sword and die by the sword, as its the most important gear piece for them and yet so hard to upgrade it. I been stuck for a couple months now with my 463 sword even though my ilvl is 480's. No amount of valor points help me as there is nowhere to purchase a better one. Raids and encounters have a very low chance of dropping one, and mathematically theres a good chance you never see one.

So im stuck hitting like a wet noodle and being made fun at :C

Why they dont sell weapons for valor points like all the other gear?

You can buy 463~502 weapons from blacksmith. They're gonna be pretty expensive, but you can get LFR-caliber weapons outside of LFR.

Firebless, I am a Blacksmith... and I'm on Moon Guard. I'll see what I can do to aid as much as I can. No promises, but I am willing to help out as best as I can.

Takes me 30 days to craft a 502 2H sword. So within that time, you should still be shooting for a weapon upgrade.
Reply Quote
If you don't pvp much, look around for an RBG loss grinding team. You still get conquest for losing, and is a sure thing over arenas.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I was having the same problem until I finally got this 476 sword from Elegon. I will keep trying for the sword or axe from LFR ToT, but I am happy to finally have an epic weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I was in the same boat. Starshatter never dropped for me from Elegon despite me rolling a token on that oversized big dipper every time I killed him. I was using the Klaxxi sword for half the xpac.

Then I decided to cap Justice every week, convert it to honor and that got me the 470 Honor sword (you can buy it on top of the wall between Dread Wastes and VOTFW).

The very next time I ran ToES, guess what drops off Sha?

So I put the Sha-touched gem in it, and the next week I run normals with my guild. Guess what drops off Council?

I still take credit for the buffed coin roll rates. I have no doubt I was the inspiration for that.

And now the Polearm dropped for me last week. I'm due to go back to gold-farming-with-coins any day now.
Edited by Lyeffion on 7/1/2013 4:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I hit 90 last Sunday. Probably lucky but honestly haven't had any difficulty finding weapons.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You have the requirement but haven't even done ToT LFR, you haven't gotten conquest points to get tyrannical gear.

You've been 90 for 9 months, you should know a thing or 2 about gearing by now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No offense but moving forward you should really take more initiative and do some research about gearing up. Its very easy to find weapons I got my paladin and DK tyrannical weapons within a week of hitting 90 its very easy especially for ret pally. Just find a really geared dps partner and blow all cooldowns right away and force a quick kill. As stated by other people here you only need 20 wins which isnt that bad.

Also if you do the daily BG everyday thats 700 conquest a week and if you do ToT pvp dailys thats 350 a week. So even if you struggle in arena you can still word towards conquest points. PLus with conquest catchup you should have a very high cap if you haven't done much pvp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]