MPPM: Coilfang Stalker

Community Manager
Let's all just accept the truth: Lady Vashj has the most epic hairdo ever! That, and a really strong bow. But those things don't matter to us tamers, right?

The Coilfang Stalker is what we're all really after. Have you gotten one yet? If you have, give us the inside scoop on how they hold up in Pet Battles. Also, what did you name yours?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Also, what did you name yours?

I named mine, appropriately, "Kite." :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I'm not allowed to name or level mine until my guildies get a chance to log in and borrow it. Maybe I'll make my boyfriend name it, since it dropped for him but not me...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think I'll name mine annoying. That boss is irritating to fight. Once that little guy drops, I won't be back for more.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
*shakes fist @ Lady Vashj*

gimmeh mah pet
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
sadly i can't Solo Vashj. not skilled enough and the Tainted elementals disappear before i get to them.

i've only killed her once with 2 of my friends. she didn't drop the pet. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I refuse to even try to get this pet. To date it is the ONLY pet I am missing for RWL2.

Lady Vashj is too much, even as Blood. I can't fight all that CC with the ever ramping damage because I don't have the resources to kill all those elementals.

It took me 4 tries to kill her ONCE. She didn't drop it. And I won't be back to try again. The pet itself is mediocre anyway, and Tito is very boring compared to Bigglesworth. (Everyone knows who Bigglesworth is, almost my entire guild had to be told whom Tito was)

And seeing as Tito and the Stalker are also worthless battle pets, I don't care to finish the achieve.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
The fight is too difficult for me. I tried 5 or 6 times and just couldn't get all the cores I needed before she was hitting me like a truck.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
30 attempts and counting here...

That's a total of 15 hours of effort, sure hope its worth it.

I could have done a lot with that amount of time.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Surprisingly this was the first pet I got from Raiding With Leashes II: Attunement Edition. Leveled it out of curiosity and named it Diavolo. Illusionary Barrier and Amplify Magic made it fun to use and hit pretty hard.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Got it on my 3rd try. Then saw it went for 8k on my AH, so I couldn't really resist there, so now im 8k richer. :-)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Lady Vashj is an unpleasant fight even for the soloing masters that are hunters. I know Blizzard has clarified that old content isn't supposed to be soloed, but would it kill them to make the Tainted Elementals despawn slower?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Lady Vashj is an unpleasant fight even for the soloing masters that are hunters. I know Blizzard has clarified that old content isn't supposed to be soloed, but would it kill them to make the Tainted Elementals despawn slower?

They did, by five seconds. They also made it soloable by letting you actually move when you have a tainted core in your bag. And the striders only fear ever 4 seconds, up from 2.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I can kill her without issues on this toon but it takes quite a bit longer on my priest;

Still haven't seen the drop. Forgot to do it last week.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I got one after a handful of tries, and then have been doing 4 runs a week to help a friend get it. Finally got it on the 4th run this week. I've soloed the fight on hunter and monk, haven't tried on priest or pally, nor do I really want to. I suspect priest will be easier because of feathers and just VT'ing everything in range, though I suppose I could grab the sprint talent for pallies. Still, I don't want to do that place for awhile.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
havent gotten mine yet but I will call him BlackStalker in tribute to the boss from The Underbog
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I've been lucky to have a couple drop, but I've given them to friends who can't solo her instead of keeping it :)

Reply Quote
I've never yet faced one of these in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
06/28/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Reynic
Lady Vashj is too much, even as Blood. I can't fight all that CC with the ever ramping damage because I don't have the resources to kill all those elementals.
You can't do it as blood, you have to burst down the stalkers as soon as they appear.

I honestly don't know how people are having trouble with this. Burn the special adds when they spawn, pick off what regular elementals you can while you wait, and go kill the tainted ones as soon as they start spitting green crap at you. Simples.

edit: I didn't even know the tainted could despawn. What have you people been doing to take so long to kill them? :P
Edited by Larwood on 6/28/2013 8:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Gale.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]