Misses...

90 Orc Hunter
I must say, I don't enjoy misses or crits, even when things miss me and I crit.

The whole nature of turn-based is executing a known ability against another known ability. Tossing in RNG to the extent of suddenly doing double damage when I only intended for normal so that I could do something else is just frustrating. Or missing 3 times in a row with a 90% hit chance ability. It's not like 'hitting' feels like a reward, so I'm not sure why missing should feel like a penalty, especially when I can't eliminate it forcibly like I can on my character.
90 Pandaren Monk
Zenjmo, let me ask you something. Why do you choose to stack crit as your highest secondary stat?

On my actual toon? My Monk? I'll be very honest I solo through the game and rarely do I raid, I don't PvP on my toon but in Pet Battles I do, and I honestly don't pay any attention to secondary stats.
90 Pandaren Monk
You are in a way asking to remove strategy so your strategy will mean more.

I am sorry but i don't quite grasp this concept? Maybe I am a little confused.
90 Pandaren Monk
OK. So I really don't see RNG and accuracy going away, even with the overwhelming amount of players, including me, B!tc#ing about it.

Maybe it shouldn't go away. I don't know anymore, at the moment. How can I get to a point of compromise, if there even is one, to still playing and choosing my heavy damage moves and strong pets AND dealing with the frustration and shear anger of the forced upon me, missing and more added RNG?
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE
even with the overwhelming amount of players, including me, B!tc#ing about it.
I simply don't know how you know that for sure.
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
OK. So I really don't see RNG and accuracy going away, even with the overwhelming amount of players, including me, B!tc#ing about it.

Maybe it shouldn't go away. I don't know anymore, at the moment. How can I get to a point of compromise, if there even is one, to still playing and choosing my heavy damage moves and strong pets AND dealing with the frustration and shear anger of the forced upon me, missing and more added RNG?

Mr. Wiggles.
90 Pandaren Monk
Mr. Wiggles.

Very funny you should say that because I have tried a LOT to make a solid team with him for a while now. He is starting to become my favorite pet or maybe the luck move of his my favorite move?

Plus, I have rarely seen him come up on really any teams I have played against. I have seen him before but maybe not even a handful of times lol.
90 Pandaren Monk
I simply don't know how you know that for sure.

sorry. Didn't mean for that to come across as I know that for sure. I am just losing almost all my hope that it would.

Plus, I am thinking a lot more about it now. Maybe it shouldn't go away. IDK.
90 Human Warlock
07/09/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Zenjmo
Zenjmo, let me ask you something. Why do you choose to stack crit as your highest secondary stat?

On my actual toon? My Monk? I'll be very honest I solo through the game and rarely do I raid, I don't PvP on my toon but in Pet Battles I do, and I honestly don't pay any attention to secondary stats.

For the record, I don't think Yij was going to berate you for toon gearing choices. I bet there was an observation about the random nature of crits coming your way. :)
90 Orc Death Knight
On the bright side, if I don't pet battle any more, because of the misses, I'll earn lots more IP for the next LoL champ.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I agree. Baseline misses give baddies a chance to win.

I'm tired of losing matches to baddies, because they have better luck than me. I would also say remove baseline crit chance for the same reason.

I would have 250+ PvP wins by now if it wasn't for garbage RNG.
Edited by Planet on 7/10/2013 2:15 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock

I'm tired of losing matches to baddies, because they have better luck than me. I would also say remove baseline crit chance for the same reason.

So, can we put you down as solidly behind this excert from page 11?

B: "Too bad. Ownin scrubs is my life! Get good or uninstall losers!"
90 Blood Elf Priest

I've only posted in this thread once, previous to this post.
Edited by Planet on 7/10/2013 2:40 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
I understand that. I was actually trying to get confirmation as to which category of the Anti-RNG group you fell into.

But after re reading this part of your post ......

I would have 250+ PvP wins by now if it wasn't for garbage RNG

and checking out your progress, I realized it didn't matter.
90 Goblin Hunter
I understand that. I was actually trying to get confirmation as to which category of the Anti-RNG group you fell into.

I'm curious which group you put me into, lol.

If it weren't for Frost Tombs and Nether Gates missing in Sandstorm, I don't think it would be very "fair" for the majority of the people I face to have to fight me. <.<
90 Blood Elf Priest

But after re reading this part of your post ......

I would have 250+ PvP wins by now if it wasn't for garbage RNG

and checking out your progress, I realized it didn't matter.

I have more wins than listed, it's slow to update.
80 Night Elf Priest

Are you starting to get snarky? Trust me, you don't want to emulate the other (unnamed) poster on this forum who is on a fair amount of people's ignore lists!
90 Orc Hunter
I didn't know there was pet battle elitism.

Sheesh.
90 Orc Death Knight
And apparently the casuals, who want battles decided by RNG, are somehow the elitists, lol... go figure.
90 Human Warlock
@Meliahr. Not snarky. But after the same arguments are rehashed by both sides for 21 pages I admit that I start taking pleasure in pointing out people who are obviously exaggerating.

@Axe. For an example of elitism, see Planet's first post on page 21.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]