Non-click healing help

100 Tauren Druid
Haha, I have my movement boosts bound to 5 on classes that have them (Roll for Monk, Blink for Mage, etc.), and I'll try to press 5 while on my Priest and wonder why I'm not moving farther. Though unfortunately, my other healers all have dispel bound to 5, so when I heal on my Monk, I try to dispel and I go rolling instead (dispel is 6 on him).

But yeah, I usually have similar spots for all classes. 4 is usually AoE, 5 is dispel, 6 is interrupt, etc.

I always have Dispel bound to the same key on all my characters, always, and I always have Taunt bound to the same key on all my tanks.

Things could get ugly quickly if I didn't do that...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
If you want to get away from relying on healing addons...just get rid of them and force yourself to bind/target/mouse-over macro to heal. I did that a few months back and I am SO happy that I did.

What people don't realize, is that the stock UI is actually more customizable than you think! I'm able to move the stock raid frames to a comfortable position in my UI where I can target everyone quickly, and it doesn't look like absolute crap.
Reply Quote
92 Troll Druid
If you want to get away from relying on healing addons...just get rid of them and force yourself to bind/target/mouse-over macro to heal. I did that a few months back and I am SO happy that I did.

What people don't realize, is that the stock UI is actually more customizable than you think! I'm able to move the stock raid frames to a comfortable position in my UI where I can target everyone quickly, and it doesn't look like absolute crap.

The default isn't any where close to VuhDo's options. The default's tiny little icons which also can't be moved or re-sized. Trust me, I've tried to look at it objectively.

I'll post it again http://youtu.be/CEJVundi9gk. Just watch the first minute and tell me how in the world the default in anyway even comes close to offering what VuhDo does here.
Edited by Trollmendous on 6/29/2013 5:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Doesn't solve my debuffs issue. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've tried most healing addons out there, and I just can't stand them. I use standard wow raid profiles and mouse over macros, with every single spell key bound.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Mouse overs are basically the same thing as vuhdo, but pushing buttons instead of using clicks with modifiers. It's really the same thing and one isn't "better" than the either. If you're used to binding everything with click combinations with vuhdo - just use that. You have to put your cursor on the anyway, literally the only difference is which buttons you push and/or a mouse click.

I don't understand all this hipster talk about being too cool for vuhdo.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I don't use Vuhdo either. I like the WoW raid frames. But I do suggest Vuhdo to healers who ask me about healing add-ons because I can see it being beneficial for other healers. It's just not my thing.

My major problem with healing add-ons (read: raid-frames) atm is that so few of them seem to have the ability to show all the debuffs I need to see during all the boss fights. And having to manually input them is not something I want to be spending time doing.

Mouse-over macros vs click-modifiers is the same thing. Personally, I have a basic mouse so I can't use clicks. Not to mention, the one time I tried using a Grid + Clique combo back in Wrath, I ended up wiping a raid b/c I face-pulled some trash :P It just made me clumsy. Keybindings with mouseover macros are much more comfortable for me.
Reply Quote
60 Orc Rogue
every time I've tried a healer addon it's just been such a pain in the !@# to configure to my liking. And then having to deal with the odd bugs and redownloading/reconfiguring for each patch. I got so tired of it that I pretty much now only use the Standard WoW frames, and a small Grid window so I can quickly see which targets have Renewing Mists or other similar buffs. It's just simpler for me that way.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Personally, I have a basic mouse so I can't use clicks

Only clicks i use are left middle and right, in combination with shift alt and control modifiers.

Edit: vuhdo shows debuffs.
Edited by Bjpenn on 6/30/2013 8:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Honestly? I don't use a healing add-on. I use the wow raid frames + mouseover macros. Every single one of my healing spells is key-bound.

Click healing is incredibly slow. Just using mouseover macros will increase your reaction speed by an incredible amount.

This. And WHICH mouse over you use makes a huge difference.

Simple:
/cast [target=mouseover,exists][] Flash Heal

With that you can have whatever you like selected, it's just where your mouse pointer is that matters. Then you tap your keybind.

Better (IMO):
#showtooltip
/cast [nomodifier:alt,target=mouseover,nodead,help][nomodifier:alt,help,nodead][nomodifier:alt,target=targettarget,nodead,help][nomodifier:alt,target=player][modifier:alt,target=player]Greater Heal

This one looks complex, but isn't (and there may be a simpler format, I've been using this one since BC(?) days.) I can vouch it works, just replace "Greater Heal" with whatever spell you like But here is how it reads:

The macro casts on a single target, in the following order:
1) If target is friendly
2) If the mouse is over a friendly target
3) If the target is hostile, then on the target's target
4) If no target, then player
5) If alt held, player no matter what is selected or who mouse is over.

As disc this works especially well, as I can have the enemy selected the entire time and heal off it.

Wowwiki has an amazing collection of macros, which is where I originally got this one from.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_Macros_for_Priests

Some of them ARE outdated, so read before you copy.
Edited by Rauri on 7/1/2013 4:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Um... *giggles*

Click healing is slow? Exactly what kind of click healing are you talking about? Because what I do isn't slow, and I don't use mouseover macros.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Thought you use an addon, Tiriel?

Old school no macros no addon click IS slow.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Thought you use an addon, Tiriel?

Old school no macros no addon click IS slow.

Ahhh....I misread then. :)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
:-) Tis cool.

Really add on versus mouseovers boils down to the player. Any healer looking to change should try both for a month I think, then decide.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
:-) Tis cool.

Really add on versus mouseovers boils down to the player. Any healer looking to change should try both for a month I think, then decide.

Even if you don't stick with it, it's important to be familiar with Mouseover Macros for things like the PTR and expansion betas, as often times addons either aren't allowed or break.
Reply Quote
51 Orc Shaman

The only problem with the stock raid frames is even when i lock them in place they somehow always move on me and where i have them they end up under my action bars and then well....the party is wiped. ha. I probably just need to keep messing with it. But i do like it alot when it stays the way i want it.
Reply Quote
51 Orc Shaman
Better (IMO):
#showtooltip
/cast [nomodifier:alt,target=mouseover,nodead,help][nomodifier:alt,help,nodead][nomodifier:alt,target=targettarget,nodead,help][nomodifier:alt,target=player][modifier:alt,target=player]Greater Heal

This one looks complex, but isn't (and there may be a simpler format, I've been using this one since BC(?) days.) I can vouch it works, just replace "Greater Heal" with whatever spell you like But here is how it reads:

The macro casts on a single target, in the following order:
1) If target is friendly
2) If the mouse is over a friendly target
3) If the target is hostile, then on the target's target
4) If no target, then player
5) If alt held, player no matter what is selected or who mouse is over.

This one is GREAT! I tried it today on my disc priest and i can't believe i never used these before. The game has totally changed for me in the past few days. And i'm for sure glad i decided to get away from clicking.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@player][@mouseover,help][@target,help][@targettarget,help][] Greater heal

Does the same thing but a good bit shorter.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
use fortexorcist
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Whats a mouseover macro?

There are better ways to try and be a better player before you start worrying about addons and macros.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]