This will sound odd

90 Goblin Shaman
Coming from me, but I actually need a bit of help here. Maybe someone can throw me a bone:

In my current gear, am I able to reach the 5199 haste breakpoint without sacrificing a ton of crit or mastery? I've become obsessed lately with trying out a crit/haste build.

(I'm fairly certain the 30% breakpoint is way out of my reach).
Edited by Jujubiju on 6/27/2013 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Looks like you'd lose 869 crit, 899 mastery and 352 spirit for +2120 haste, which would bring you to 5199.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Looks like you'd lose 869 crit, 899 mastery and 352 spirit for +2120 haste, which would bring you to 5199.

Think I should try to go back down to the 3306 breakpoint then? At least until ToT decides to give me more gear?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I would try crit/haste and see what you think! Sadly, I don't have any math to bring to the table, but the shaman I heal with on my pally went crit/haste this week and likes it a lot. I believe he went for the 30% haste mark, as he is more geared than me. If you don't feel like experimenting, it would probably be safer to go back to 3306. My stats are a hot mess right now, so I probably shouldn't be opinioning, but there it is :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Doesn't crit give you mana back when a casted heal crits on a target with Riptide?

Correct me if I'm wrong... crit super good for shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Doesn't crit give you mana back when a casted heal crits on a target with Riptide?

Correct me if I'm wrong... crit super good for shaman.

Resurgence procs, yeah.

Thing is, I practically don't go OOM now as it is (note I only do normal mode <unless talked into heroic mode>).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
*sips coffee* valor upgrade everything to boost your mastery haste,and crit,then you will have some left over hopefully to cap over haste with out losing to much of the other stuff
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Are you talking about 10 man or 25 man? In 25 man at least, I don't think that Riptide breakpoints are worth the loss of secondary stats to gear into (they are like less than 1% extra output), and HST/HTT breakpoints are also pretty debateable, because they still fluctuate inconsistently based on latency. You probably need to have at least about 300 more haste than the actual breakpoint to consistently get those extra ticks on totems. I find that the only breakpoints worth dropping other stats to get to are the Healing Rain ones; the rest are just generally less of an output increase than the stats you drop to get to them.

If you can't get to 7613 (7116 Goblin) reasonably, I would consider dropping to 2588 haste and taking (the ELW breakpoint without Ancestral Swiftness specced) and taking Elemental Mastery as an extra throughput CD over Ancestral Swiftness.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
The riptide tick isn't amazing, but to answer your question, YES you can reach it in that gear without sacrificing too much. I tried the same tick this past week (mostly normals, a few heroics) and I noticed a small increase in what riptide did, but it wasn't anything substantial.

As a side note, if you can reach ~9.90% haste without AS, without raid buff, and you spec EM (for a goblin this is roughly 3750 haste), then each time you use EM you will reach a +3 Healing Rain (assuming 5% spell haste buff).

Of course the biggest problem with this is you lose the instant cast portion of AS which can still be really important. Spec each fight accordingly. The beauty of going for this breakpoint is that if you choose to spec into AS at this point, you are only ~400 haste over the theoretical HST / HTT breakpoint which means you don't really have to reforge anything. Of course this breakpoint has not been functioning since the start of the expansion, but still is something to consider.

I am not sure if this is actually true, but as tiberria stated having an extra 300-400 haste over that htt / hst normally probably "fixes" the situation and so the reality is you wouldn't reforge anything at all and would simply need to change glyphs based on fights.
Edited by Gardiff on 6/29/2013 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I love haste-heavy builds, but I also love using EM as a super sexy cooldown for supercharged burst healing moments :)

My 10man has been having trouble being certain of the 5% haste buff from week to week/fight to fight, so my reforging has been all over the map recently. I've ended up deciding that I want the burst healing more than I want to hit the highest static haste breakpoint that I can; after all, we 3-heal pretty much everything, so my non-burst healing isn't really an issue and goes to an awful lot of overheal anyway. I've ditched a ton of Spirit too; my 2 priest co-healers don't exactly need strong MTT (now that the holy priest has the LMG anyway), and never really did (except giving the two of them more mana regen made it easier to heal through the immense amounts of derp our raid muddles through, at times).

The one time I'd recommend being sure of extra Riptide ticks would be on Tortos, for a 10man resto shaman running with a group of people who are tackling the fight for the first time. I know you don't shy away from Glyphed Riptide, Juju, so for you in particular I think investing the itemization points into the Riptide breakpoint at whatever the cost would be important, given the fact that a raid trying to kill Tortos for the first time will spend *considerable* amounts of time at not-full-health. It also more than ensures you get the extra HST ticks, which are huge on that fight to begin with, never mind the protection HST ticks provide from Rockfall with the glyph, even for shammies who don't have 2pc T15 yet.

any time your progression fight does *not* involve glyphed Riptide, don't sacrifice other stats to hit that breakpoint, unless you're able to reach the HR breakpoint above it of course.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
06/29/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Tiberria
Are you talking about 10 man or 25 man?

25m normal (with 2 resto shaman). Still doing my LFR's to get the two piece (stupid RNG hates me).

I managed to get it down to 3335 (which is slightly over the 3309 break point that icy-veins has listed) and put a little more into crit. Though I have noticed, even with the amount of spirit I have currently, I'm not having any mana issues. Should I maybe consider forging (or gemming) out of some spirit?

The riptide tick isn't amazing, but to answer your question, YES you can reach it in that gear without sacrificing too much. I tried the same tick this past week (mostly normals, a few heroics) and I noticed a small increase in what riptide did, but it wasn't anything substantial.

As a side note, if you can reach ~9.90% haste without AS, without raid buff, and you spec EM (for a goblin this is roughly 3750 haste), then each time you use EM you will reach a +3 Healing Rain (assuming 5% spell haste buff).

I try to do my glyphs/talents depending on the fight at hand. Experimented in LFR without the AS- I think it's doable. I'll have to wait til Wednesday and see.

On a side note: Unlike my former guild's 10 m group, my 25m group managed to one shot Jin with only 20 people. We did end up running into problems with Horridon (lack of a monk/dps issue <was so tempted to hop on mine>).
Edited by Jujubiju on 6/29/2013 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]