Freezing shot (idea)

90 Night Elf Hunter
I was noticing today that during raid time, I was set to cc certain targets when they spawn. Pretty standard, been raiding since BC and am familiar with ccing and I don't have an issue with it.

But I noticed that our current model kinda sucks, at least in terms of PvE. If you look at objectively, hunter CC is the only CC in the game that actually requires ANOTHER ability to actually work. Our bread and butter "trap" cc which we have been focused on for years, REQUIRES using Scatter Shot in order to land on an npc. If you fail to use Scattershot, you run the risk of the enemy simply walking over the trap before it's arm time is up, or it simply walks a way you don't expect due to aggro issues.

My suggestion is simply removing Scattershot, and replacing Freezing Trap with Freezing Shot. The CC would be the same as Freezing Trap in that it traps the target for XX seconds and breaks on damage, but would remove not only the requirement of Scatter to be reliable but the ability itself as most of the time Scattershot is used for nothing other than setting up the trap.

Just a thought, i'd rather have one ability that is reliable, than have two abilities that require eachother TO be reliable. Also I feel that relieves some of that Hunter button bloat.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Yes please. Fully support.

In reality everyone else's CC should be made more like ours, but that will never happen. So the only realistic alternative is to make ours like theirs.
Reply Quote
Our bread and butter "trap" cc which we have been focused on for years, REQUIRES using Scatter Shot in order to land on an npc. If you fail to use Scattershot, you run the risk of the enemy simply walking over the trap before it's arm time is up, or it simply walks a way you don't expect due to aggro issues.

Actually, before Trap Launcher, our bread and butter PvE trapping mechanic was to set the trap at our feet and use Distracting Shot to taunt the mob over the trap. That, by the way, is still an option.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yes more instant CC because people don't already complain about scatter shot! please make it instant!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
If you remove Scatter Shot in the current state of the game, with the possibility of it beign the only interrupt for BM and SV hunters in a near future (Glyphed), you're probably going to have a bad time.

Also, the idea of instantly freeze someone out of nowhere as a hunter seens weird. Would feel better to see a stackable debuff like Remorseless Winter, with like 3 or 4 charges to deploy the CC since it's only single target applied (And for beign ranged, of course).
Edited by Artheran on 6/28/2013 12:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
so just make scatter a ranged interrupt glyph baked in, and get the freezing shot instead of freezing trap, problem solved?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'd love scatter shot to be turned into an aoe cleave move(Hits the first target fore 150%weapon damage than splits to hit the two closest targets (10yrds max) for 25% weapon damage)

then make freezing arrow a 40 focus cost cast that the first is a snare/slow then the next shot is a complete frozen block.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Actually, before Trap Launcher, our bread and butter PvE trapping mechanic was to set the trap at our feet and use Distracting Shot to taunt the mob over the trap. That, by the way, is still an option.

And yet still requires the use of another ability to make it remotely reliable, which is the the point I'm trying to make is a punishing aspect to the hunter utility that does not exist for any other class. It adds no unique flare to the class, just makes it tedious.

Also, the idea of instantly freeze someone out of nowhere as a hunter seens weird. Would feel better to see a stackable debuff like Remorseless Winter, with like 3 or 4 charges to deploy the CC since it's only single target applied (And for beign ranged, of course).

Freezing someone out of nowhere is what a hunter does now. The only difference is instead of a trap, we apply that "magical iceblock" to an arrow instead of a stationary target that has X% chance of being successful depending on what other ability you have to use to set it up.

Also requiring "stacks" to CC anything makes very little sense, as CC is meant to be something you can choose to apply when you wish to turn a situation around, having to wait for stacks would completely negate the need for CC and would make hunter CC even more useless.
Edited by Ganor on 6/29/2013 6:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]