5.4 Legendary.. Cloaks... but with PROCS

90 Troll Hunter
Chapter V: Judgement of the Black Prince [Coming Soon...] 25 points. Work with Wrathion to create your legendary-quality cloak and complete his quest to defeat Garrosh Hellscream. 25 points.

i was originally let down by this but the following has tuned up

Legendary cloaks are confirmed! They seem to be a requirement to use another item, see the strings section.

Spirit of Chi-Ji - Your healing spells also grant the target the Spirit of Chi-Ji, which heals the target for 3% of their missing health, every 1 sec, for 3 sec.

Flurry of Xuen - Your damaging attacks have a chance to trigger a Flurry of Xuen, causing you to deal 60% weapon damage to all targets in front of you, every 0.5 sec for 3 sec.

Essence of Yu'lon - Your damaging attacks have a chance to empower you with the Essence of Yu'lon, causing your next direct damage spell to also burn the target with jade dragonflame, dealing 5,000 damage and an additional 30,000 damage over 6 sec. This damage also affects other enemies near the burning target.

Endurance of Niuzao - The Endurance of Niuzao fully absorbs the damage of one attack that would normally kill you. This effect has a 60 sec cooldown.
Edited by Thanøs on 6/27/2013 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
We've known that since they found the models back months ago.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
That could of simply been an additional upgrade to them, not making them legendary.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Or 5.4 could not be the final patch of the expansion...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

! Sounds funny, but I think it is... At leas tI don't know anyhing else that can be related to this patch other than the reconstruction of things...
Edited by Artheran on 6/27/2013 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
06/27/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Artheran

! Sounds funny, but I think it is... At leas tI don't know anyhing else that can be related to this patch other than the reconstruction of things...

I realize this is going to sound very much like I'm being a %@*@*@%%, but I have no other way of putting it: I have no more proof of my claim than you have of yours.

I get a feeling that we're gonna get a curve ball like BC. Remember, Illidan was billed and presented as the "big bad" for that expansion, but Black Temple was the penultimate raid, not the grand finale. The expansion hasn't even been out a year, and even an early September release schedule for 5.4 plus another 6 months is a very short expansion.

I just see us getting a 5.5 story patch that deals with the fall out of defeating a corrupted (ugh, yes another corruption) Garrosh. Then 5.6 pits us against Y'Shaarj and some more Mantid.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I believe devs have stated that 1.5 years is their targeted cycle in the past, it just doesn't always work out.

Anyway, there might be a 5.5, but it won't be a raid. It will likely be story setup for the next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The mantid angle is a good point. And the return of the old god due to the death of his 7 manifestations of Sha could be a key to his Resurrection.

Some may point out blizzard has said there will be no old god this expac, what if that's just to throw us off?=P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Heres hoping they get a bad !@# proc on them
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I will say, if Siege of Orgimmar is the final tier of the expansion and the cloak is the legendary we've been chasing this whole time, I will be sorely disappointed. Sure, the cloak (assuming you even have it enabled) is probably the one piece of gear you see the most. But it's not even in the top 10 pieces of loot that you actually ogle about. I mean, I've drooled more over a multitude of trinkets than any single cloak I've ever gotten.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I always hide my cloak.
Reply Quote
95 Orc Shaman
I always hide my cloak.

and there it is in a nut shell. the only people that will know the cloak is legendary is the player and people who inspect you. and im going to go on a limb and say unless you have a cool transmog no one cares anymore.

a legendary cloak is pretty much a slap in the face to every player. it gives nothing to the player minus a cloak with cool stats and oh and orange outline in character window. <------- that right there makes it legendary alone. NOT.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
A legendary weapon for all would have been better in my opinion, that said, there been giving us legendary items all expac (mostly gems, and a socket, then gave us an epic cloak, now a legendary cloak.). They said they would be working toward a legendary weapon for all who completed the questline. And there is another wiating achieve listed on MMO champion to wait for 5.5.... maybe the weapon comes then.
Reply Quote
95 Orc Shaman
personally i don't see why they are giving a legendary. why does that have to be the expansonly thing to do. oh we are nearing the end of the expansion we haven't put out a legendary yet.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Well as misleading as datamining is, there were icons that mmo champ revealed that were weapon icons. So many led to believe that those were gonna be the legendaries we would obtain.

Here's hoping we at least get a cool beast visual proc of sorts from these cloaks.
Edited by Compadre on 6/27/2013 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The mantid angle is a good point. And the return of the old god due to the death of his 7 manifestations of Sha could be a key to his Resurrection.

Some may point out blizzard has said there will be no old god this expac, what if that's just to throw us off?=P

After all there is no Cow Level
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
BUt in diablo 3 there isnt a cow level, its a my little pony level. They told the truth on that one.

And, they did say they wern't going to give silencing shot back to MM only, and that they werent going to take BW off of readyness.

It could also be whatever those meteors wrathion showed us at the begining of the legendary quest slaming into azeroth in a new invasion of azeroth by the burning legion, or by some new thread blizz came up with just to spice things up. But im betting that this will happen later, next expac maybe.
Edited by Eurugan on 6/27/2013 4:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
There's been multiple Legendary weapons in every expansion and even in vanilla. If they don't release any this expansion then a lot of people are gonna be jacked off. I doubt they would release any not related to this quest line.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
original post updated to show the cloak procs... yay procs?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Our proc

Flurry of Xuen - Your damaging attacks have a chance to trigger a Flurry of Xuen, causing you to deal 60% weapon damage to all targets in front of you, every 0.5 sec for 3 sec.

What kind of range does this have? This seems more like a melee thing. I am confused
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]