Ashbringer?

90 Blood Elf Monk
So I just saw a pally running around with a weapon that was transmogged into the Ashbringer.

I inspected him and it said Ashbringer.

what?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
There was a certain bug, with youtube video instructions on how to do it, months ago that allowed some players to obtain an Ashbringer.

Even though it was never released.

I kinda lost track of it but I assumed it was fixed, evidently they didn't take them away from everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I asked him about it and he said "hm? weird"
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Are you sure it wasnt holy avenger?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Nooo there was a weapon lonnnngggg ago that would reward you with it and only a few people still have it
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There was the Corrupted Ashbringer that only a few people still have (it was legitimately obtainable, but no longer). The Ashbringer itself couldn't be obtained unless it was via an exploit, bug, etc.
Edited by Bravehearth on 6/28/2013 2:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wtb time machine
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
bugged,

the only tmog currently is corrupted ashbringer, which was obtainable only during a certain time period in wow.

so unless he has bugged permanent holy avenger, it's a massive troll.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There was the Corrupted Ashbringer that only a few people still have (it was legitimately obtainable, but no longer). The Ashbringer itself couldn't be obtained unless it was via an exploit, bug, etc.

Sup
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Sup

I just hope you got it in TBC at 70 and didn't take it from a warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Unless it happened to be on rot status or their dps warriors were all running fury.
Edited by Véé on 6/29/2013 9:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
fury.

Using a 2hander as fury was more than viable at the time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like to transmog my gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like to transmog my gear.

Get a haircut, hippy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We definetly need a paladin specific weapon besides verigans fist every class should have an Iconic weapon for that matter!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Sup

The Ashbringer...
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
I really want that sword for my pally it looks awesome
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy Avenger makes me a sad pally when i hit it, see the ashbringer, and know its going to go away after the buff expires.

Oh what i would give for that fker
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well if you want a 10 minute ashbringer just use holy avenger and Ai-Li's Skymirror on yourself. You'll be holding an ashrbinger for 10 minutes and it doesn't break from combat or anything.
Edited by Etera on 7/23/2013 1:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ummm, I played vanilla and BC and early in BC there were at least two paladins that I saw in BGs with the cleansed Ashbringer...
I asked around a lot back then and here is what was told to me, if you managed to get the ridiculously low chance of getting the item that ends up being the corrupted ashbringer, you then supposedly had to run the raid like at least 50 more times to get 50x of this item that is used to cleanse the corruption from the blade, thereby crafting the cleansed Ashbringer for you.
Now unless those two paladins got special favors from a gamemaster back in those days, the cleansed Ashbringer was a real legendary blade and was barely obtainable. If you were extremely lucky.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]