Ashbringer?

90 Human Paladin
07/23/2013 09:15 AMPosted by Euqinu
Ummm, I played vanilla and BC and early in BC there were at least two paladins that I saw in BGs with the cleansed Ashbringer...

Impossible, the cleansed version was never in game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well if you want a 10 minute ashbringer just use holy avenger and Ai-Li's Skymirror on yourself. You'll be holding an ashrbinger for 10 minutes and it doesn't break from combat or anything.

This is a great idea! Time to farm!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Ummm, I played vanilla and BC and early in BC there were at least two paladins that I saw in BGs with the cleansed Ashbringer...
I asked around a lot back then and here is what was told to me, if you managed to get the ridiculously low chance of getting the item that ends up being the corrupted ashbringer, you then supposedly had to run the raid like at least 50 more times to get 50x of this item that is used to cleanse the corruption from the blade, thereby crafting the cleansed Ashbringer for you.
Now unless those two paladins got special favors from a gamemaster back in those days, the cleansed Ashbringer was a real legendary blade and was barely obtainable. If you were extremely lucky.

I call BS and the truth of it is the corrupted ashbringer caused a special scene in scarlet monastery to play out nothing else
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i remember if you got the corupted ashbringer you got attacked by the gards and there is a spell for paladins that makes ya wepon to look like the ashbringer i think it is for ret pallys only
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i remember if you got the corupted ashbringer you got attacked by the gards and there is a spell for paladins that makes ya wepon to look like the ashbringer i think it is for ret pallys only

Holy Avenger - Lvl 75 talent.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I asked around a lot back then and here is what was told to me, if you managed to get the ridiculously low chance of getting the item that ends up being the corrupted ashbringer, you then supposedly had to run the raid like at least 50 more times to get 50x of this item that is used to cleanse the corruption from the blade, thereby crafting the cleansed Ashbringer for you.
Now unless those two paladins got special favors from a gamemaster back in those days, the cleansed Ashbringer was a real legendary blade and was barely obtainable. If you were extremely lucky.

You also had to beat master hand on the highest difficulty with only one life and get metal Mario to cleanse the sword for you.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Hunter
They should just put a vanity Xmog of Ashbringer on the Blizzard store and make all proceeds go to some charity.

We all know they will never make Ashbringer an obtainable legendary.

The legendary quests are about crafting legendary weapons now. It's already made. It's not just going to be handed over.

Gogo Blizzard store.
Reply Quote

You also had to beat master hand on the highest difficulty with only one life and get metal Mario to cleanse the sword for you.

This is of course only after using strength on the truck near the SS Anne and acquiring the pokeball containing Mew.
Edited by Struggler on 7/26/2013 6:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They should just put a vanity Xmog of Ashbringer on the Blizzard store and make all proceeds go to some charity.

Hell no, a quest would be ok, Paying for old ingame items TWICE is stupidity already..

And people, for god's sake ashbringer was never ever ingame obtainable item, only GaMe Masters had it to mess around and even if it existed you can't transmog a legendary weapon.
What probably happened is that the paladin got phased while the effect of Holy avenger was activated and when he phased out the ashbrigner model stuck on the weapon It happens sometimes, but you can't ever notice/see it, just other players for some time till it wears off.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well if you want a 10 minute ashbringer just use holy avenger and Ai-Li's Skymirror on yourself. You'll be holding an ashrbinger for 10 minutes and it doesn't break from combat or anything.

but sadly you cannot mount
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I love you.
Edited by Palastorm on 7/27/2013 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
^false
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Holy Avenger - Lvl 75 talent. [/quote]l

is that the spell i was wondering what spell it was
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Paladin
06/30/2013 05:54 AMPosted by Iolwut
I like to transmog my gear.

Get a haircut, hippy.

haircuts are for citizens
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
well i aint lying so how do you explain the two cleansed ashbringers i saw with my very own eyes??? perhaps it was in game before wotlk and was then removed? or GM "dropped" a couple and players looted them?

all i can say is i have seen the cleansed version of the ashbringer, twice. not corrupted, cleansed.

Edit: i found the raid that the corrupted ashbringer dropped in, vanilla Naxxramas, before Burning Crusade was launched this raid was able to be cleared by top guilds. so most likely what the hell happened was the cleansed version of the ashbringer was a one time only bonus to top guilds that were able to clear old Naxxramas in vanilla.
Edited by Euqinu on 8/18/2013 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
well i aint lying so how do you explain the two cleansed ashbringers i saw with my very own eyes??? perhaps it was in game before wotlk and was then removed? or GM "dropped" a couple and players looted them?

all i can say is i have seen the cleansed version of the ashbringer, twice. not corrupted, cleansed.

Edit: i found the raid that the corrupted ashbringer dropped in, vanilla Naxxramas, before Burning Crusade was launched this raid was able to be cleared by top guilds. so most likely what the hell happened was the cleansed version of the ashbringer was a one time only bonus to top guilds that were able to clear old Naxxramas in vanilla.

People are well aware of where it came from. That doesn't change the fact that a non-corrupted version was never available. Your eyes were wrong, or you are remembering incorrectly. Unless you have a SS of these supposedly "cleaned" ones on players you aren't going to persuade anyone to believe otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

We all know they will never make Ashbringer an obtainable legendary.

The legendary quests are about crafting legendary weapons now. It's already made. It's not just going to be handed over.

Gogo Blizzard store.

Certain iconic weapons shouldnt be able to be aquired by players, Ashbringer is one of them. Frostmourne is another good example. Especially when Tirion is already in possession of the Ashbringer.
I still disagree that Twin Blades and Gorehowl should be obtainable, lore specific weapons lose some value when you see multiple people using them.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
As I said, I was in an alterac valley battleground many years ago, right before burning crusade launched and I inspected a tauren warrior who had the cleansed Ashbringer, there was also a human paladin who I could inspect who had the exact same weapon model as the warrior, how was I supposed to take a screenshot of a mounted moving epic warrior on the off-chance I would need a screenshot as proof of what I saw many years ago just for some doubter like you, be real. I saw it, had no idea many years down the road it would become un-attainable and therefore fade in myth and legend...
So I saw the blade, went omg that's cool and continued my battleground. Sorry I wasn't psychic and could predict that I would need a screenshot to prove I saw it. lol
Edited by Euqinu on 9/3/2013 6:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
http://www.wowwiki.com/Talk:Ashbringer/Archive01#Cleansed_Ashbringer

Taken from the post under:

"For anyone attempting to post about "Cleansed Ashbringer"-- please don't, it's almost certainly fake. Not only are there grammatical errors in the allegedly data mined item description, but the fact that it was data mined qualifies it for removal under WW:DNP. --Tyrsenus t c 00:17, 23 April 2007 (EDT)

I would just like to draw attention to the fact that there are now THREE Ashbringer files in the game: Corrupted Ashbringer, Ashbringer, and Cleansed Ashbringer. Corrupted Ashbringer is, of course, the sword chest drop from Naxxramas, Ashbringer is the GM sword, but what of Cleansed Ashbringer?

Some may argue that I have been faked out, taken for a ride, as it were, however in the WoW Model Viewer - which ONLY draws file names from the WoW files on YOUR computer - these three Ashbringer files can be found. Which is proof that all three of these weapons are in the game banks now."

Take from it what you like
Edited by Burstie on 9/3/2013 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I remember a troll thread from way back in classic, where some guy posted a photo-journey of obtaining an Ashbringer. I don't remember the whole story he concocted, but it involved a super-rare message in a bottle that was fished up near Andorhal that had a list of locations to go to to eventually get a key for a chest that was next to a random wagon in WPL, and inside was The Ashbringer, which had been lost during transport sometime in the past or something.

Made for a rather entertaining read, especially because of how much detail he put in the story and the 'shopped pics.
Edited by Kataphract on 9/4/2013 12:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]