I don't use healbot!

90 Tauren Paladin
I don't use healbot and I am against it.

1) Do you use healbot?
2) Are you against it?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Highly descriptive.

I can't really imagine a reason to be 'against' Healbot or any other healing addon. They don't do your job for you, they just better present the information available to you than the stock UI and let you click-cast heals.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I've never used it, but if people like it, I don't see why they can't use it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
How can you be "against" an addon? If you don't like it, don't use it. Or are you one of those who likes to tell other people what they should be able to use?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
All I was trying to do here is a pool.
No need for comments... but feel free to make them.

I just want to find out who uses it and who doesn't, that's all!

: )

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I used it way back when. It is okay. Just kind of basic.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
All I was trying to do here is a pool.

I'll admit it. I'm jealous of the goblin pool ponies.

I've used healbot since TBC. It's like an old blankie now. I don't feel confortable without it.
Reply Quote
I used it way back when. It is okay. Just kind of basic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Click-casting is limiting and suboptimal (can't turn your camera or character while healing? lol...). I don't think any healer doing endgame content actually uses click-to-cast... mouseover macros or bust.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Click-casting is limiting and suboptimal (can't turn your camera or character while healing? lol...). I don't think any healer doing endgame content actually uses click-to-cast... mouseover macros or bust.

Err, unless you mean clicking (which is notably different from click-to-cast) you'd be wrong. There are three main methods used by many/most end-game healers:

1. Mouseover macros
2. Click-to-cast (Clique with raid frames, Healbot built in, Vuhdo built in)
3. Blend of mouseover and click-to-cast
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I healed from the last patch in BC to the beginning of Mists. Once I found Healbot I used it till Cata. In Cata I purchased a n52te controller. After that I used regular raid frames.

The problem I would run into there is the raid frames would stop working properly and I would have to reload my UI or not heal one or more players.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

1) Do you use healbot?
2) Are you against it?

Why are you against it? And if you're just trying to make a "pool," why does it matter if other people are against it?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Hi Meddle! :D I use Vuhdo and so do most of the other healers in my guild. The ones that don't use VuhDo use Grid + Clique. I think we qualify as "endgame" healers? :)
Reply Quote
1) Do you use healbot? NEVER!
2) Are you against it? YES! DOWN WITH HEALBOT! DOWN WITH THE HEATHENS!
All Glory to Grid!
Reply Quote
14 Orc Shaman
It's all the same, you click a player's bar and it casts a spell.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I used Healbot for a very long time but I started having a few deal breaking issues with it so I switched to Vuhdo. I'm still sorting Vuhdo out a bit and I have days when I miss my healbot terribly, because I had sorted out how to make it do whatever I wanted.

Overall though, Vuhdo doesn't give me fits so I'll be keeping it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

1) Do you use healbot?
2) Are you against it?

Why are you against it? And if you're just trying to make a "pool," why does it matter if other people are against it?

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that there is a HUGE difference between you react with one click to heal a target and let the "PC" determine you which spell is better and to react by clicking on a raid frame and cast the spell that yourself has determined which is better, not the "PC". So, I am against it because it really doens't show the proper overall skill on the game that you supposed to have. IMO, it is the same as you have a DPSBOT, where you have your target and then you just "click, click" on a frame and the PC does all the rotation. NOT FUNNY AT ALL!
And it does matter if people are against it, that way I can tell blizzard to not allow it. :P

Other then that, I am really trying to have a general overlook how healbot is seen among the healers.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No, and I don't prefer it but if others like it yay for them :P I prefer vuhdo :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Correct me if I am wrong but I think that there is a HUGE difference between you react with one click to heal a target and let the "PC" determine you which spell is better and to react by clicking on a raid frame and cast the spell that yourself has determined which is better, not the "PC". So, I am against it because it really doens't show the proper overall skill on the game that you supposed to have. IMO, it is the same as you have a DPSBOT, where you have your target and then you just "click, click" on a frame and the PC does all the rotation. NOT FUNNY AT ALL!
And it does matter if people are against it, that way I can tell blizzard to not allow it. :P

I'm not sure healbot does what you think it does...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
06/28/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Overend
Correct me if I am wrong but I think that there is a HUGE difference between you react with one click to heal a target and let the "PC" determine you which spell is better and to react by clicking on a raid frame and cast the spell that yourself has determined which is better, not the "PC".

It hasn't done that since Vanilla. Nowdays, and for a long time really, you bind spells to different mouse buttons and click the button for the spell you want.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]