I don't use healbot!

90 Human Paladin
06/28/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Overend
Correct me if I am wrong but I think that there is a HUGE difference between you react with one click to heal a target and let the "PC" determine you which spell is better and to react by clicking on a raid frame and cast the spell that yourself has determined which is better, not the "PC".

Err that is how it worked in vanilla. I haven't used it in a few years but unless they totally changed it back to vanilla style, which blizz broke btw, i think you might be misunderstanding how it works.

edit: and damn you two for your quick typing.
Edited by Taelaus on 6/28/2013 11:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Skoot even mentioned, in the second post, that Healbot does not think for the player. :(
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Hmmm.... either way I'm still against.

DOWN WITH HEALBOT.

(mostly because of elegon wipes "Oh Healbot isn't showing me any debuff....")
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm not sure healbot does what you think it does...

It lets you bind spells to your mouse buttons so that all you have to do is mouse over raid frame and press the mouse button. Right?
Edited by Overend on 6/28/2013 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
06/28/2013 11:47 AMPosted by Overend

It lets you bind spells to your mouse buttons so that all you have to do is mouse over raid frame and press the mouse button. Right?

THE mouse button? You're on a Mac aren't you? *ducks* :)

I kid, I kid. Macs have shipped with 5 button mice for years. It's just that 4 of them are on the keyboard.

Anyway, no. You bind spells to various mouse buttons and keyboard combos so that when you click + key on a raid frame that particular combination casts a particular spell. You still need to select the appropriate spell by hitting the correct button or button + key.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest

You can assign a spell to each click, then click the grid\box with the button that casts that spell.
Example; I assign greater hear to left click and flash heal to right click. When I need to cast a big heal I mouse over the box and click my left mouse button. If I need a fast heal I mouse over and click my right button. Of course you can use many more combos of keys and clicks. But it in no way picks the spell to cast for you.

I use a combo of healbot and mouse over macros.
Edited by Docmortis on 6/28/2013 11:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
umm... Atleast as recently as the start of this expac you still had to decide on the correct spell to use even with healbot... if I just left clicked on the frames the only thing that would happen is a lot of heal spam on this toon and rejuv on my druid...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
1) no

2(yes

3(GET VUHDO MON
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Correct me if I am wrong but I think that there is a HUGE difference between you react with one click to heal a target and let the "PC" determine you which spell is better and to react by clicking on a raid frame and cast the spell that yourself has determined which is better, not the "PC". So, I am against it because it really doens't show the proper overall skill on the game that you supposed to have. IMO, it is the same as you have a DPSBOT, where you have your target and then you just "click, click" on a frame and the PC does all the rotation. NOT FUNNY AT ALL!
And it does matter if people are against it, that way I can tell blizzard to not allow it. :P

Other then that, I am really trying to have a general overlook how healbot is seen among the healers.

Thanks.

Healbot hasn't worked that way since vanilla, bro.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

You don't just bind all your spells to one click. You have different clicks. Here's how mine works:

Left Click: Flash Heal
Right Click: Greater Heal
Mouse Button: Renew
Shift + Left: Prayer of Mending
Shift + Right: Binding Heal
Shift + Mouse Button: Prayer of Healing
CTRL + Left: Guardian Spirit or Pain Suppression (depending on spec)
CTRL + Right: Penance or CoH (depending on spec)
CTRL + Mouse Button: Power Word: Shield
Alt + Left: Purify
Alt + Right: Void Shift
Alt + Middle: Life Grip (if Disc), Holy Word (if Holy).

Still sound automated to you?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman

Why are you against it? And if you're just trying to make a "pool," why does it matter if other people are against it?

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that there is a HUGE difference between you react with one click to heal a target and let the "PC" determine you which spell is better and to react by clicking on a raid frame and cast the spell that yourself has determined which is better, not the "PC". So, I am against it because it really doens't show the proper overall skill on the game that you supposed to have. IMO, it is the same as you have a DPSBOT, where you have your target and then you just "click, click" on a frame and the PC does all the rotation. NOT FUNNY AT ALL!
And it does matter if people are against it, that way I can tell blizzard to not allow it. :P

Other then that, I am really trying to have a general overlook how healbot is seen among the healers.

Thanks.

Uh...healing addons haven't worked that way for a few expacs.

All an addon like vuhdo or healbot is is basically a giant mouseover macro (that allows you to use left/right click functionality; see the post above this one).

They do not play the game for you.
Edited by Jujubiju on 6/28/2013 1:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ive been a healbot user for years now. I tried the others like clique and just found that I like Healbot. Never really had a problem with it. Helps me throw out heals, so whats not to like?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
(mostly because of elegon wipes "Oh Healbot isn't showing me any debuff....")

Lol
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

it's worse than that, you don't even know . . .

*whispers*

My Healbot has become . . . self-aware
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
^ that's happened a few times in our raids lol

I used healbot for a month in Wrath, never going back :p
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I've always used healbot until a couple weeks ago. Did a healbot update and absolutely hated it. healbot really sucks when you update it.

So, I gave Vuhdo a try..

Now I utterly hate healbot.

Vuhdo is literally the same addon. With far easier and more clear setup menu's that actually have tooltips to help you set up your frames any way you like, with clear descriptions. It lets you position where your HoT icons go, how big they are etc.

I now hate healbot. Mainly because of;
The updates are spotty at best. Really screw around with healbot a lot, hence when I used it, I updated it as infrequently as possible.
The HB setup menu is utterly pathetic.

When you see Vuhdo, you'll think Healbot is Vuhdo, had it just went on a 3month crystal !@#$ binge and now frequents the welfare line.

When you set these programs up appropriately how you want it, they are the exact same thing overall, just Vuhdo is far more detailed in it's help/customization menu's and has far more options for displaying Hot's.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I don't use healbot and I am against it.

1) Do you use healbot?
2) Are you against it?

1) no
2) only if it gets people killed because it breaks mid fight and the user is incapable of reverting to normal click target cast or mouseover cast.

I use mouseover macros.

I gave this addon a shot once in BC and once in Wrath. I couldn't stand it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I used it in vanilla. I used it to turn all my spells into mouseover casts and auto-select spell rank. Blizz broke it, then all the raid healers freaked out and couldn't heal.

From that day on I vowed to never have to depend on an addon again. I should be able to turn off all my addons and be able to play just fine. I use mouseover macro's and w/e raid frames I'm feeling at the time. So even when I quit WoW and come back a year later everything still works the way I remember it with the default UI until I get back into addons again. Pretty sure I'm using the same macros from vanilla... or at least whenever they added mouseover as an option in macros.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
06/28/2013 11:34 AMPosted by Kipery
Correct me if I am wrong but I think that there is a HUGE difference between you react with one click to heal a target and let the "PC" determine you which spell is better and to react by clicking on a raid frame and cast the spell that yourself has determined which is better, not the "PC".

It hasn't done that since Vanilla. Nowdays, and for a long time really, you bind spells to different mouse buttons and click the button for the spell you want.

I've heard people saying that about Healbot in Vanilla. First, I thought how could I have missed that. Then, on a second thought, if that were how Healbot works today, every boss fight would be about me vs. Healbot.

Healbot has had issues since MoP release. Debuffs were not displayed properly. But, there are ways to get around it (those LFR Horridon kills in my profile are for a reason). My recent issue with the addon is that it's not detecting range properly for people with debuffs. This is major IMO; it could make a difference of life and death.

Honestly, I'd prefer Healbot to go less fancy as it used to be: a raid frame that let you customize the display of health bars, buffs and debuffs, with mouse button spell bindings.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
DPSBOT used to exist. It was called CT Mod. RL Auto focus. For all those afk backstab rogues and autoattacking hunters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]