I don't use healbot!

100 Human Paladin
Ok so this thread amused me.

OP you've just done the equivalent of coming in to a transport forum and going "I deplore the use of the horseless carriage. People should use the transport that god gave them: their feet (or a horse for those who are the elite)"

Lesson: If you're going to complain about something at least try to know something about it.

I haven't used Healbot in a while. Switched to Vuhdo in Wrath I think and have stuck to it ever since. I can also use mouseovers if I'm playing on a machine without addons or the addon glitches for some reason. I prefer Vuhdo for the quality of the information it provides me and the fact that I'm an old lady and my eyes aren't what they were so squinting hard at debufs on the Bliz frames is not as efficient has having Vuhdo turn someone's bar neon purple.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Monk
I currently use healbot that used to dock into my Ui (Nui) very nicely but since 5.3 hit it isn't nestled like it used to be. I like Healbot but sometimes I try to heal someone that isn't near me at all.

I suck at trying to configure add ons for some reason. I used to heal with no help but I couldn't seem to target fast enough.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I currently use healbot that used to dock into my Ui (Nui) very nicely but since 5.3 hit it isn't nestled like it used to be. I like Healbot but sometimes I try to heal someone that isn't near me at all.

I suck at trying to configure add ons for some reason. I used to heal with no help but I couldn't seem to target fast enough.

VuhDo.

Easy setup menu. Just takes time, but not hard at all.

It explains just about everything for you with tooltips. Unlike HB.
Edited by Tonydanza on 6/28/2013 6:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Monk

VuhDo.

Easy setup menu. Just takes time, but not hard at all.

It explains just about everything for you with tooltips. Unlike HB.

Thanks! I will check it out.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
DPSBOT used to exist. It was called CT Mod. RL Auto focus. For all those afk backstab rogues and autoattacking hunters.

Oh god. CT Mod.

I used that thing, but I don't remember why. I was a warlock. I was a two button class that didn't get to raid because a rogue did that better.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't use healbot but Installed deadly boss mods recently.

It tells me what to trinket and when to use cooldowns. Really good.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
06/28/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Reshaari
DPSBOT used to exist. It was called CT Mod. RL Auto focus. For all those afk backstab rogues and autoattacking hunters.

Oh god. CT Mod.

I used that thing, but I don't remember why. I was a warlock. I was a two button class that didn't get to raid because a rogue did that better.

I actually don't remember CT Mod. I remember Decursive, and spamming that on my Mage on Lucifron (I am pretty sure I am one of the only ones that did).

And you needed at least one Warlock. For CoE for the Mages, the other one-button class.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
And you needed at least one Warlock. For CoE for the Mages, the other one-button class.

You misunderstand the guild I was in at the time.

You didn't bring warlocks unless you were on Garr and needed them to deal with adds.

The mages were made to suffer because a rogue did better dps.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
a) I do not use healbot.

b) I am against healbot.

Reasons for a) - in vanilla I was a warlock, and I learned how to stay between 96% and 105% aggro on multiple mobs, at all times, without a threat meter. (Most tanks I pugged with, including a few who were world firsts, DID use threat meters, and I regularly received incredulous whispers about how I could keep my aggro so perfect without addons). This led me to the arrogant belief that I am better than an addon, and so far, I have yet to find any situation where an addon would significantly increase my effectiveness (even if it might significantly reduce the effort I put in, I don't see that as a significant benefit).

Reasons for b) - I would like everyone to be ABLE to raid without any addons, and perform as well as they do with addons. Once they have accomplished this (preferably by proving it for several months of progression raiding AFTER disabling all addons), then they would be free to choose to use addons, as long as they could keep that level of proficiency. While many people who use healbot, or vuhdu, ARE at that level, many are not, and that makes me a sad panda. Of course, not a panda, since pandas are almost as sad as puny humies, but a sad blood elf. It just doesn't sound as cool or provoke the same sad imagery as saying a sad panda.

Does it actually matter if people use an addon like healbot? Nope, and I'll never tell anyone not to. But I'll think it!
Edited by Weleroth on 6/28/2013 10:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I would like everyone to be ABLE to raid without any addons, and perform as well as they do with addons. Once they have accomplished this (preferably by proving it for several months of progression raiding AFTER disabling all addons), then they would be free to choose to use addons, as long as they could keep that level of proficiency. While many people who use healbot, or vuhdu, ARE at that level, many are not, and that makes me a sad panda.

*Rolls eyes*
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Reasons for a) - in vanilla I was a warlock, and I learned how to stay between 96% and 105% aggro on multiple mobs, at all times, without a threat meter. (Most tanks I pugged with, including a few who were world firsts, DID use threat meters, and I regularly received incredulous whispers about how I could keep my aggro so perfect without addons). This led me to the arrogant belief that I am better than an addon, and so far, I have yet to find any situation where an addon would significantly increase my effectiveness (even if it might significantly reduce the effort I put in, I don't see that as a significant benefit).

If you had no add-on how exactly did you 'know' where you were on threat on multiple mobs? Hyperbole much? Your wishful thinking is as ridiculous as your entire post.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I use Grid + Clique because it intergrates well with ElvUI and I am too lazy to completely build a UI like I used to. I used VuhDo in Wrath. Swore by it even. If I ever was going to go back to building my UI piece by piece I would use VuhDo.

a) I do not use healbot.

b) I am against healbot.

Reasons for b) - I would like everyone to be ABLE to raid without any addons, and perform as well as they do with addons. Once they have accomplished this (preferably by proving it for several months of progression raiding AFTER disabling all addons), then they would be free to choose to use addons, as long as they could keep that level of proficiency. While many people who use healbot, or vuhdu, ARE at that level, many are not, and that makes me a sad panda. Of course, not a panda, since pandas are almost as sad as puny humies, but a sad blood elf. It just doesn't sound as cool or provoke the same sad imagery as saying a sad panda.

Does it actually matter if people use an addon like healbot? Nope, and I'll never tell anyone not to. But I'll think it!

Just... Lol
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I used to use VuhDo, until recently when I realized that it allowed me to tunnel too much. Now I put all my heals on my bars, and target people.

I've actually grown to love it. I'm more situationally aware, and my heals have gone up.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I do not use healbot and I am not against it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I used to use VuhDo, until recently when I realized that it allowed me to tunnel too much. Now I put all my heals on my bars, and target people.

I've actually grown to love it. I'm more situationally aware, and my heals have gone up.

I keep my Grid, target, target of target and focus windows all in the lower third of my screen, dead center.

They're far enough down that I can see my character and what she's standing on while tunneling on hp bars.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

If you are referring to using vanilla raid frames then you could maybe argue that using the default raid frames in some way, shape or form might increase user skill. Outside of those raid frames though, no.

Current raid frames are really only differ in slight ways, which is usually just a lack of options to customize. If you think healing with current defalt raid frames in anyway makes you better than using Vuhdo/Healbot/Grid/etc. you are swimming in the deep pool of crazy town.

But you are welcome to continue to believe in your very mistaken superiority because you dislike addons.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Current raid frames are really only differ in slight ways, which is usually just a lack of options to customize. If you think healing with current defalt raid frames in anyway makes you better than using Vuhdo/Healbot/Grid/etc. you are swimming in the deep pool of crazy town.

The problem I have with the default vanilla raid frames is that a) I can't selectively choose what information I want to see to my liking and b) customization in general sucks.

I need to know very few things on my raid frames.

Where my hots/shields/whatever are
Who has aggro
Who has a debuff that can be dispelled and what type it is
Who has that really nasty raid debuff.

That's it.

if I'm on my druid I don't care where the other druids' hots are, I don't care where Spirit Shell is, I don't care who has earth shield, and I sure as hell don't care who the Beacon of Light is.

And showing me via a tiny copy of the spell's icon is doing me a great disservice.

Grid corner indicators:

Lifebloom* Rejuv
Regrowth Wild Growth

Lifebloom is color coded to tell me how many stacks are on it(1 = red, 2 = yellow, 3= green), the other three are color coded to give me rough estimates of remaining duration.

Dead center is "big gnarly boss debuff icon", red HP bar means aggro, and unit border changes color based on debuffs they have. Blue = magic, green = poison, brown = disease, purple = curse.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I use VuhDo, tried healbot once sometime during Cata and hated it. Before VuhDo I tried Grid with mouseover macros (no Clique) and before that I simply used mouseover macros with the Blizzard raid frames. I did pretty good with just that, but man I love VuhDo now.

While I do kind of tunnel vision with it, I have my raid frames close to my CD tracker and my target, so I pretty much never have to look at the top part of my screen. Unless I have a focus for some reason, but I really only use that to track tanks on my minimap.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I think the problem a lot of people have with healing add-ons is a lack of knowledge on how to set them up properly and or spending the time figuring out all the little details.

Who wouldn't want to have their own hots, shields, absorbs displayed without all the other BS from other players? Displayed where you want them and how you want them? To be able to make icons BIGGER or set individually. To color them, to have stacks shown, timers etc.

Healing is all about information. Having that displayed to you in a fashion that allows you to see it all clearly is never a hindrance regardless of what the pundits say.

My VuhDo in all it's glory just the way 'I' like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEJVundi9gk
Edited by Trollmendous on 6/29/2013 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I think the problem a lot of people have with healing add-ons is a lack of knowledge on how to set them up properly and or spending the time figuring out all the little details.

Who wouldn't want to have their own hots, shields, absorbs displayed without all the other BS from other players? Displayed where you want them and how you want them? To be able to make icons BIGGER or set individually. To color them, to have stacks shown, timers etc.

Healing is all about information. Having that displayed to you in a fashion that allows you to see it all clearly is never a hindrance regardless of what the pundits say.

My VuhDo in all it's glory just the way 'I' like it.

http://www.youtube.com/edit?ns=1&video_id=CEJVundi9gk

Just thought I'd let you know that that link takes me to My Uploads, not to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEJVundi9gk works for me though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]