Disc
Monk
Druid
Pally
Holy
Shaman
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Holy priest are the best raid healers because they do their best work when the raid is in trouble and health bars are low. Who cares if a class has better output when the raid needs it least?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Holy priest are the best raid healers because they do their best work when the raid is in trouble and health bars are low. Who cares if a class has better output when the raid needs it least?

I don't necessarily agree with your evaluation, because I think classes with high overall HPS can also put out high numbers during high damage phases(best time for spirit shell).

However I feel like you meant to say Shaman, because Ive always though of that as their niche. To be fair though I don't think I have raided with a Holy priest in a while, given the current state of Disc.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

You mean like this?
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4kq66q311wssulxg/sum/healingDone/?s=6030&e=6391

I'm certainly not advocating that one class is better or worse than another, but it seems to me that a lot of people underestimate Resto Druids.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j024uh6s854uuhjw/sum/healingDone/?s=6490&e=6771#Lumiair

We can post logs all day but like I said you've obviously never played with a GOOD Monk. Much like I haven't played with a good Resto in a while. (Skywall has, honestly, none.)
And this is normal so it doesnt mean much anyways.
I'm not saying Resto is bad, I played one from BC till now, they're amazing. Just not in the best place on most fights, especially if paired with a Disc priest. Give 'em a stacked fight with constant heavy damage and they'll shine.
Edited by Lumiair on 7/8/2013 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Everyone is good and should feel good.

Can we stop with these silly threads?

Us Priests are going to make our own thread! With cake and nekkid men! You know what, forget the cake!

hmmm?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/08/2013 04:16 PMPosted by Lumiair
We can post logs all day but like I said you've obviously never played with a GOOD Monk.

Alright, you think you're really good, we get it.

Lots of Mistweavers are rerolled Druids from 5.0.

I've done most the content I've seen as both specs.

We're not totally ignorant.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
We can post logs all day but like I said you've obviously never played with a GOOD Monk.

Alright, you think you're really good, we get it.

Lots of Mistweavers are rerolled Druids from 5.0.

I've done most the content I've seen as both specs.

We're not totally ignorant.

Wasn't the point I was trying to make at all, and I feel like you stopped reading at "never played with a good monk." If that's all you took from that.

Pretty sure you missed the first of this thread debating if Druid > Monk or Monk > Druid. Either way it comes down to the player, but Monks just seem to have everything Druids have except quicker i.e. Tranq vs Revival. Resto's heals just seem like they would just get sniped to me. The only smart heal I can think of is Wild Growth, but if the Monk is fistweaving even most of it would end up sniped I'd assume.
Wish I could say we had one around to raid with though, I like that idea better than with a Disc or a Holy Pally.
It'd be nice to see some 10M heroic logs with a MW / Resto lineup.
Edited by Lumiair on 7/8/2013 9:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
but if the Monk is fistweaving even most of it would end up sniped I'd assume.

If you're 2 healing content.

Most of your fistweaving healing goes into tanks that generally take a lot of damage due to vengeance soaking
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It'd be nice to see some 10M heroic logs with a MW / Resto lineup.

Why? There's no reason to have two HoT healers in a 10man who also share gear. You benefit more from diversity in healing styles so you can play to each class's strengths.

I agree that there are things mistweavers do better than druids. Maybe most things, even. You have a higher throughput cap and fewer mana constraints, better burst healing thanks to uplift/revival, a larger contribution to damage done, arguably better survivability. You count as melee so you frequently get to ignore mechanics.

Druids have far more control over the healing they do than mistweavers do, though. We don't have to worry about Renewing Mist bouncing to a Beast of Nightmares tank/person with Parasitic Growth preventing us from using uplift (or even stifling eminence, in the case of parasitic growth).

/shrug. just my 2¢.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
There's no reason to have two HoT healers in a 10man who also share gear

druids use mastery spirit

monks use haste crit

they don't share!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
druids use mastery spirit

monks use haste crit

they don't share!

This tier non-set armor:

Necklace options: spi/mastery, spi/crit, spi/haste
Boot options: spi/crit, crit/mastery
Belt options: spi/haste, spi/crit
Bracer options: spi/crit, spi/haste
Ring options spi/crit, spi/mastery, spi/haste, crit/mastery.

Based on your classification of both classes' best stats, none of those pieces are 'perfect' for mw, only two of those pieces are 'perfectly' statted for rdruids, and both of those lack sockets that 'imperfectly' statted pieces have.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
neck you use Spi/crit

boot you use crit mastery

belt you use spirit haste

bracer you use spirit crit

and ring you use spirit haste and crit mastery

I think resto druids only really use belt and boots
Edited by Suplift on 7/9/2013 1:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
There's competition on spi/haste ring, as rdruids will want it. And depending on the mistweaver's gear, they may want spi/haste bracer to reach a ReM breakpoint.

I imagine you probably meant you want spi/crit ring over spi/haste, though, although the same issue can come up with haste breakpoints increasing the desirability of the haste ring for MWs.

And even outside of BIS profiles, any upgrade is frequently welcome, regardless of how good the secondary stats are.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
and again, im speaking in general

Im not gonna sit here and quantify 50 different point-of-views on each fight, each class, each part of the fight, and each talent selection.

this would be like asking some1 who plays the lottery to quantify how to pick their numbers in order to win. you just cant

I think maybe based on all of the raid boss's he wants to know what the most consistent heals per second based on the level 90 content. Am I right??
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]