Legendary cloaks with only 600 ilvl?

90 Tauren Druid
I can tell you than 99.99% of the players with a ilvl 600 cloak put the 2/2 upgrade on them so we have a 608 ilvl cloak and downgrade the ilvl of the cloak it's not a good idea... Specially if the proc is not so good for your class/spec.

I'm not telling than the procs are bad, but I don't see the point of chosing between 8 ilvl and a tank/dps/healing proc.

Maybe you can change the ilvl of the legendaries cloaks to 608 or alow us to upgrade it. But plz don't give us 10000 post of theorycrafters about the legendary cloak.

TYVM :)
Reply Quote
Yeah a 500 valor loss for those procs. . . No complaints here.
Edited by Amaravati on 7/3/2013 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Are they not able to be upgraded?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Are they not able to be upgraded?

In the current PTR build (17153) apparently not...
Edited by Tatahe on 7/3/2013 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
It's not that big of a deal imo.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Only an issue for ilvl mongers.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
07/03/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Tatahe
But plz don't give us 10000 post of theorycrafters about the legendary cloak.

No, please do. I need to know more about the proc. A flat 5k dps DoT proc seems extraordinarily lackluster. As long as the uptime is greater than 30%, it'll be better than the ~1500 dps I gain from the upgrade on the cloak, but we're talking same ballpark here, and that's disappointing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
If it's actually going to be legendary quality, I feel like it should have better stats baseline than the baseline purple 600 cloak at the very least, not the same. That is of course unless the proc rates on them are ridiculous then I suppose it wouldn't be too much of an issue, however it would still feel weird putting on a legendary quality item and losing stats (as opposed to the 608 cloak).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My problem is not that the legendary cloak cannot be upgraded. it's more than the legendary ilvl 600 cloak has the same stats as the epic 600 ilvl cloak.. now from my experience if a piece of gear is say 463 ilvl. and is uncommon. a rare 463 has better stats. or an epic 463 has even higher stats. therefore the legendary 600 should have more even than the epic 608. nuff said.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
My problem is not that the legendary cloak cannot be upgraded. it's more than the legendary ilvl 600 cloak has the same stats as the epic 600 ilvl cloak.. now from my experience if a piece of gear is say 463 ilvl. and is uncommon. a rare 463 has better stats. or an epic 463 has even higher stats. therefore the legendary 600 should have more even than the epic 608. nuff said.

I kind of agree, at least from an aesthetics standpoint.

There isn't a logical basis for anyone to say "I don't want the legendary cloak, it's a stat downgrade" but it does actually seem a bit silly for it to be lower level than what you're destroying in order to make it. Even if they just made it baseline 608 or 610, that would make it less silly, hehe.

But I mean... I won't exactly complain about keeping a 600 cloak with a ridiculously good proc on it. Might as well be the Shroud of Turin.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Stats have been normalized between item qualities since the start of Cata, so this is nothing new.

However, allowing the original cloak to be upgraded seems like an oversight if the legendary version cannot be. I'd expect them to either allow an upgrade or raise it to be base 608.
Edited by Thecheat on 7/15/2013 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue

This hasn't been true since cataclysm. Item quality has nothing to do with item budget any more. Compare a 372 green from jade forest with a 372 epic from heroic t11 content.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Blizzard didn't think this one out or doesn't care. The item level we gained from getting the cloak in 5.3 is a larger upgrade then the proc will be now that we have closed a lot of gap on that cloak in item level.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It could be the item upgrades on the epic cloak will carry over to the legendary version. They did something similar for the Season 12 Elite gear.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199962299
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Blizzard didn't think this one out or doesn't care. The item level we gained from getting the cloak in 5.3 is a larger upgrade then the proc will be now that we have closed a lot of gap on that cloak in item level.

This is not surprising, but in the same breath, it is exactly what happened with Val'anyr (People using ToC weapons? Buff the legendary!). If it isn't fixed before live, it's a good bet that it'll be fixed shortly thereafter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]