How is Holy soloing at 90?

63 Human Paladin
Hi all,

I've been loving my Holy Paladin -- the survivability and damage have been great. How is survivability and damage at level 90? I plan to group, as well as be able to do solo dailies in Holy.

Thanks a bunch.
Edited by Ultideus on 7/8/2013 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Survivability is great, damage is rubbish. Without a useful aoe or even a cleave you have to deal with adds one at a time
Reply Quote
63 Human Paladin
How about single target damage? At level 61, the single target damage is pretty decent.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
How about single target damage? At level 61, the single target damage is pretty decent.

With wings and df I can burst up to 80k without the holy "dps" glyphs.

But barring that damage it pretty low.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's not great but you can do it. However with the addition of being able to select your loot spec, you get ret gear pretty easily in LFR by switching on bosses you don't need loot from. Having an actual DPS spec is much more efficient for doing dailies.
Reply Quote
63 Human Paladin
07/08/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Larrena

Dang, that really sucks. Very disappointing.

Don't other healers do decent damage? Why are Paladins singled out?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
07/08/2013 06:25 PMPosted by Ultideus

They are not. No healer except (possibly) mistweaver monks is able to pump out great damage. Restoration shaman do not have the cast time and damage passives that elemental enjoys. Restoration druids have three offensive spells, none of which will do near as much as balance. Holy and discipline priests still do low damage compared to shadow priests even with the atonement thing. It's all about the passives that healing specs lack.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/08/2013 06:25 PMPosted by Ultideus

Healers are for healing. Why would they do any damage that could be considered "decent"?

But out of all of them, MW probably does the best.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
In my experience, holy and prot pallies have similar DPS in combat. The only difference is that protadins can do that damage to multiple enemies at once, so even if damage is smaller, you still can 5-8 enemies at the same time, so it balances out. Holy damage starts dropping the farther up the levels you go, and while it's functional enough to work, it's definitely the slowest way to go once you hit 90 (largely due to no multi-target damage abilities. Spam that Exorcism, kid!)
Edited by Benemus on 7/9/2013 8:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

They are not. No healer except (possibly) mistweaver monks is able to pump out great damage. Restoration shaman do not have the cast time and damage passives that elemental enjoys. Restoration druids have three offensive spells, none of which will do near as much as balance. Holy and discipline priests still do low damage compared to shadow priests even with the atonement thing. It's all about the passives that healing specs lack.

Obviously you haven't been looking at the DPS that Priest will do on fights. I'll use denounce and Judgments when I can, but I'll be lucky to push 20k dps on a fight while a half decent priest will do close to 60k dps on top of his/her 100k healing. Priest and monks are on top when it comes to this kind of thing. You are correct that druids are on the lower end of this as well, but they are so much higher up on healing for most fights it really doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
In my experience, holy and prot pallies have similar DPS in combat. The only difference is that protadins can do that damage to multiple enemies at once, so even if damage is smaller, you still can 5-8 enemies at the same time, so it balances out. Holy damage starts dropping the farther up the levels you go, and while it's functional enough to work, it's definitely the slowest way to go once you hit 90 (largely due to no multi-target damage abilities. Spam that Exorcism, kid!)

Don't know what prot paladins you have been playing with over the last year. My holy paladin will usually do around 20-25k dps while I have had prot paladins doing close to or over 100k dps on some fights. Prot won't do as much as ret, but it is more than enough to get you by just fine.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I meant in solo play, Grui. Prot pallies only have high DPS if a) they use a haste build, and b) they're getting crazy Vengeance. When you're just battling trash and normal mobs, your DPS isn't that spectacular.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
cant be asked to retype, just pasting link to last time this was asked

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9423293270
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]