Ret's Place in the Rock/Paper/Scissors of 1v1

34 Night Elf Hunter
Quick question, I recently began leveling a Ret to 90 and haven't really played this game much at all since season 3 when I quit so I'm just curious if anyone would be so kind enough as to let me know in general... and of course considering equal skill/gear, where Ret falls in 1v1 pvp. What classes/specs do they handle easily, which are even matches, and what do they lose to?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
1v1 pvp is more like rock paper scissors lizard spock
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
rets should pretty much beat anything except a good mage, and demo locks
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Hunter
rets should pretty much beat anything except a good mage, and demo locks

I was under the impression that Monks handle Rets pretty easily... and what about rogues?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Monks Mages Hunters Warlocks (Demo) Shaman > Paladin = Feral DK > Warriors > Rogues > Priest
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Rogues are a little tricky, but i've beaten the best rogues i know easily. And as for monks, they're without a doubt the worst class in the game for PvP. You can just bubble their karma off. Just kite them until you have wings, burst them down, then kite them again. :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I go pretty even against BM Hunters. Usually I'll need all CD's if I can manage to beat one.

Rogues CAN be a bit difficult, but they're definitely not as hard as they have been in the past.

Demo Locks are probably the most difficult and rarely will I ever beat a good Demo Lock 1v1.

A skill-capped WW Monk can be a bit troublesome for me. However I haven't faced off against a lot of them 1v1 so I'm still learning the ropes with them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
a good BM hunter is usually what gives me the most trouble. A good way to elarnt o handle certain specs to to roll that spec and find out what sort of attacks really mess that spec up, then exploit those.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Frost DKs eat me alive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What mages are you people fighting? I feel like this entire expansion I've been made to beat Mages. I have two freedoms for their freezes and slows, a bubble and a trinket to nullify their deep freeze burst, and enough burst to bring them to 30% in under 5 seconds so they're forced to immediately block or die.

Warlocks are my main problem, Windwalker monks also give me a ton of trouble. UH DKs are annoying and hard to kill if they go conversion/blood presence.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Rogues are a little tricky, but i've beaten the best rogues i know easily. And as for monks, they're without a doubt the worst class in the game for PvP. You can just bubble their karma off. Just kite them until you have wings, burst them down, then kite them again. :P

a good monk is going to see your wings and kite you till they poof (or save karma...)i dont even pvp much but if someone wants to duel, im usually down, and annoy the piss out of them till i outlast them
Edited by Gnomërcy on 7/10/2013 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Unholy dks and spriests are the two classes I can't 1v1
Reply Quote
13 Pandaren Warrior
I've never faced anything harder than a competent Windwalker on my Paladin for 1v1. They have too many ways to negate our burst. A ranged disarm on a minute cooldown, an AoE disarm/silence on a 45 second cooldown, Touch of Karma on a minute and a half cooldown, and if, IF you happen to have burst them inbetween all those cooldowns, Tiger's Fury makes them immune to our Burden of Guilt and with that sprint, rolls and Flying Serpent Kick, it's hard to get any uptime on them.

And their sustained damage is much better than ours.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
And as for monks, they're without a doubt the worst class in the game for PvP

I get my !@# handed to me by monks in 1 v 1 :(, But I still dont know alot of their abilities yet so mabye thats why. Followed by hunters, then rogues. Everything else is usually a pretty even duel but slightly favouring ret.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]