New to healing/pally

90 Undead Rogue
Hey all! I switched my old pally alt to holy and am learning how to play holy as well as heal. I am not really having any issues so far I mean other than getting used to it overall from mainly raiding on my rogue. Do you holy pallys suggest using healbot or anything of that sort. I dont feel like click healing would make me any better because I keybind everything. Just looking for suggestions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
All based on preference. There's those who use mouse over macros, and those that click heal. I personally click heal because I've done that since TBC whenever I healed, found it easier to just mouse over a health bar, and left click for this, and alt right click for that. ( I use healbot addon btw).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I use healbot myself. But like Holymez said, its all your preference. Try out the different addons, vuhdo, and grid and clique and such until you find one you like.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't use any at all, and while I won't claim to be the best healer evar, I get the job done well enough. If you want/need to use an addon, just try 'em out on some 5-mans 'til you find one you really like. Personally, I say stick to going au naturel to really sharpen your skills, and totally not to justify my own beliefs, no sir/madam. >_> <_<
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I use healbot with mouse over macros and Ctrl and Shift modifiers. I find it much more customizable and I can react faster than using the Blizzard raid UI. I would recommend using healbot or Grid + Clique. If you are using the Blizzard raid frames you are requiring an extra click to target the person you want to heal.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I use Elvui so I have my raid frames custom as well as everything keybound so i am having to click then push a button....idk I just dont see mouse overs making me that much faster. Guess I just need to try it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I use VuDuh & a 15~ button mouse, with SHIFT & CTRL modifiers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I use Elvui so I have my raid frames custom as well as everything keybound so i am having to click then push a button....idk I just dont see mouse overs making me that much faster. Guess I just need to try it.

That's how I healed until mid BC. I didn't think it was a big deal either, finally a guildie talked me into using mouse overs. It did make a difference, it's an accumulative increase. 1 on 1 the speed increase is negligible, but if you add up the quarter to half second you're saving over an 500-800+ cast spells boss fight it becomes relevant.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]