Holy Pally trinket choice...any advice?

100 Human Paladin
I'm an LFR-only raider and at the moment I have the Spirits of the Sun from ToES and Horridon's Last Gasp. I've been looking to see what 5.2 trinket I could get to replace Spirits, but the healy trinket options seem...limited? Let's say limited. I've heard that Hydra-Spawn is pretty useless, and Stolen Relic of Zuldazar really doesn't appeal to me either, so I'm stuck choosing between the Soothing Talisman of the Shado-pan or the Lightning-Imbued Chalice.

Now, I like the Chalice's proc from the look of it, and my mana regen thus far I'm fairly happy with so Soothing's ability seems meh to me, but on the other hand Soothing just requires me to grind up some VP, while the Chalice has me fighting Lei Shen repeatedly until the RNG decides to play nice.

So, what do y'all think? Do I keep Spirits, do I aim for the Chalice, or save up for Soothing Talisman?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
horridon's last gasp and chalice are the 2 best trinkets from this tier of raiding, though i am not sure in LFR gear your mana would hold up without using 2 mana regen trinkets.

the Soothing Talisman is probably a better bet (paired with Horridon's Last Gasp), because the procrate and amount healed by the LFR version of chalice is pretty low. even the heroic one is 2% of my healing (sometimes less than that even), which is not very stellar.

you could try and get the chalice and mess around with it though, since you'd just need it to drop for you in LFR. if you don't have anything you'd like to upgrade or purchase with valor, talisman is probably a good buy.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Hm...well, I'll be hunting Lei Shen for his healy mace anyway, so for the time being there's no harm in looking for the trinket too. Guess I better start saving up VP for a week or two, though, just in case. Thanks for the advice. :)

Anyone else have an opinion on the matter? It'll be awhile before I get either one, and the more help the merrier!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Soothing Talisman is a fine trinket. Chalice is nice and all if you have plenty of regen. If you use ST early you get a smidge over 90k mana back from it and it has a decent amount of static int as well. HLG is a no brainer, best trinket of the tier by far.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I pref shadow-pan/spirits of the sun and horridons for my two trinkets. Lets me drop alot of spirit in conjunction with the meta.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Soothing Talisman for fights when regen is an issue. Lightning Imbued Chalice when it isn't. Basically, once you get to a comfortable amount of spirit, drop ST for Chalice.

And Horridon's Last Gasp = BiS for every healer in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm an LFR-only raider and at the moment I have the Spirits of the Sun from ToES and Horridon's Last Gasp. I've been looking to see what 5.2 trinket I could get to replace Spirits, but the healy trinket options seem...limited? Let's say limited. I've heard that Hydra-Spawn is pretty useless, and Stolen Relic of Zuldazar really doesn't appeal to me either, so I'm stuck choosing between the Soothing Talisman of the Shado-pan or the Lightning-Imbued Chalice.

Now, I like the Chalice's proc from the look of it, and my mana regen thus far I'm fairly happy with so Soothing's ability seems meh to me, but on the other hand Soothing just requires me to grind up some VP, while the Chalice has me fighting Lei Shen repeatedly until the RNG decides to play nice.

So, what do y'all think? Do I keep Spirits, do I aim for the Chalice, or save up for Soothing Talisman?

For the most part you are going to want Horridon's Last Gasp and the Soothing Tailsman. Unless you are over the top on mana. If mana is fine, feel free to equip the Chalice. Personally, I prefer the free mana pots to the free heal. But that's just me.
Edited by Ceresc on 7/8/2013 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Keep all three on you at all times, and swap the ST for Chalice (or vice versa) between fights as needed.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Soothing Talisman + LFR horridons. Saying LFR Chalice and LFR Horridons for that matter is better than Soothing Talisman is a joke. If you get the normal versions though, then switching between Talisman and Chalice depending on your regen is viable option.
Edited by Cynix on 7/8/2013 1:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
horridon's last gasp and chalice are the 2 best trinkets from this tier of raiding, though i am not sure in LFR gear your mana would hold up without using 2 mana regen trinkets.

the Soothing Talisman is probably a better bet (paired with Horridon's Last Gasp), because the procrate and amount healed by the LFR version of chalice is pretty low. even the heroic one is 2% of my healing (sometimes less than that even), which is not very stellar.

you could try and get the chalice and mess around with it though, since you'd just need it to drop for you in LFR. if you don't have anything you'd like to upgrade or purchase with valor, talisman is probably a good buy.

Pretty much all of this. I've managed to get my hands on a version of all the new trinkets and they're awful. Chalice heroic is not too awful, but only from a sheer ilvl/stat weight perspective. I keep putting Soothing Talisman back on because it just does better than the goofy spirit/absorbs trinkets and I can't seem to secure a Horridon trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm loving my Horridon's Gasp and Soothing Talisman. Before Horridon's, I used the Chi'ji Relic to help with some sustained mana regen.

I've been trying to get the LFR Lei Shen to drop (since my raid group hasn't progressed that far yet), but from what I've heard it doesn't proc that often. I'm thinking that I'll be on the Horridon-Soothing train up until SoO.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Thanks for all the advice, everyone! I appreciate people not calling me an idiot for not knowing. :)

I'm going to start saving up for the Soothing Talisman AND aim for the Chalice. If it drops, I'll test it out and see how often it works. That'll probably be the deciding factor ('cause I've heard it procs often enough, so I require empirical evidence. SCIENCE!).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I use Soothing & Horridon.

Having Soothing lets me dump A LOT of spirit in exchange for throughput stats. At 522/530, it's the best trinket you can get as an LFR only raider as well (502 for the other trinkets).

That takes up one slot, which really makes it a choice for the other. HLG provides the exact same benefits, but as a passive effect, rather than an active/use one. Hydra is unnoticeable to a pally. It's a conflict with something we already do.

That said, I would burn coins on trinket droppers & tier piece droppers until you have everything off them. From there, you can juggle the trinkets as desired.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Do yourself a favor...

DON'T GO PURE SPIRIT ON TRINKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless... it is the one from MSV, last boss... but that is only because the Int' from it procs -so- often.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]