Pet Battles need a Currency and a Vendor.

90 Draenei Paladin
Because honestly relying entirely on RNG for stones, even if you can get incredibly lucky at times, is getting old.

And no the Uncommon level stones you can buy with Justice don't count because we all know you don't go into Pet Battle PVP with anything less then Rare quality.

I propose that a Pet Battle Vendor be installed, this vendor would sell pretty much everything you have a chance of randomly getting in pet battle bags now.

Biscuits, leashes, etc wold be the cheap fun items. Rare quality stones and XP boosting items would be the pricy ones.

I'm not saying just hand stones out like candy, make them pricy, just make them a goal you can actually work towards without praying to RNG.

Pet Battle dailies can reward a set amount of currency, perhaps the amount goes up the more difficult the battle, and world pet PVE battles and random PVP battles can reward a random amount similar to how they can give you lesser charms now.

Stones could still have a random chance to come from bags, perhaps just lower the chance a bit.

I feel like this would bring some cohesion to Pet Battles and give them their own "progression" path to actually work towards rather then just hope and pray for RNG.

It's time we had a Poke' Mart guys.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Or we could use bandages for a currency. *annoyed look at the stacks building up on my bank alt*
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I proposed using bandages as a stone currency way back when they only stacked to 10. People then called me out on it not making RP sense. I still maintain that Breanni could use more bandages at her shop in Dalaran, and maybe she finds stones or something. Anyway, I'm still sick of vendoring bandages.

It's been proposed several times that pet people have some use for the ridiculous pile of lesser charms we have. I don't do dailies, and I burn enough coins to keep under 10 each week, and the lesser charms are piling up such that I am set for a very long time. Maybe 1000 lesser charms for a stone?

And please let us combine the polished stones to make a flawless stone? 3:1? 5:1?

I'd totally spend a few charms to get more of the embiggening pet biscuits, though. It's great having a giant KLR thumping around behind me.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I don't like the bandage idea, tbh.

I'm sure I pet battle more than most people, however I don't fight Trainers; I fight other people.

You don't get bandages from PvP. But it can still be a heck of a lot harder to get wins consistently than by fighting scripted PvE trainers.

If there's going to be a currency at all, should be something gained universally from winning, like Lesser Charms are now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Bandages as currency could work I guess, although it would seem a little odd.

I don't think using lesser charms as the currency would be a great idea, I'd prefer pet battles to have their own unique currency.

Lesser Charms are already in high demand for raiding purposes.

And please let us combine the polished stones to make a flawless stone? 3:1? 5:1?

This should also be a thing.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Shrug. I like praying to the RNG gods for little doodads like battle stones. Makes it feel like a game. Getting a stone every X battles could end up making it feel like a job, and I already have enough of those in WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
They already have a currency of sorts... Lesser Charm of Good Fortune.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Back when the bandages stacked at 10, I suggesting having them unique (10) and purchasable for 10s each from the stable masters so people just starting out had equal access to them. I'd still prefer that to having them available randomly in bags. Failing that, though, I'd really like there to be something I can do with them besides hoarding or vendoring.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Shrug. I like praying to the RNG gods for little doodads like battle stones. Makes it feel like a game. Getting a stone every X battles could end up making it feel like a job, and I already have enough of those in WoW.

I wouldn't say stones are really doodads, personally I find it very frustrating to have several pet teams waiting in the wings just because I haven't got lucky enough to get the type of rare stone I need.

It wouldn't exactly be a job since you would get the currency just from playing pet battles, whether that be random PVP battles or doing the dailies.

Depending on what you do it may take you longer one way then another but you'd still get there, that's also why I said still leave the random chance in there just lower it since we would have a guaranteed method.

A currency that has nothing to do with Pet Battles.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/8/2013 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I think he's saying it COULD have something to do with pet battles. As in, they basically shower us with them for completing a battle, why not let us spend them on it also?

I would personally really like the lesser charms to play some larger role than doing nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
As I said, I also use lesser charms to turn into coins for raiding, but I get well in excess of 50 per week, so they're piling up.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I would personally really like the lesser charms to play some larger role than doing nothing.

But they do something, they funnel into coins for raiding.

Granted regular Pet Battling will see you have an excess but I'd rather Pet Battles have their own unique currency.

But that's just me and that's all just fine details.

Main point that most seem to agree on so far, we need a Poke'Mart Blizzard!
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/8/2013 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You guys have to remember that the battle-stone demand is coming to an end.

Already I have 4 families where everything is rare, and another 3 where I am using battle stones on wild pets just because I am lazy. When 5.4 launches we will be able to convert stones to other families.. so that should take care of the Beast, Flying problem.

Battle stones are only in high demand right now because most of use started out with a few hundred pets needing them the day the system launched. But once you get caught up, they won´t be in high demand.

Think about this.. besides all the stuff that came in 5.0, what other pets were added since then that required a pet stone? I would say unborn Valkre is the only one. Everything else (direhorns, raid drops, pandas, spirit pets etc) start out rare.

I think a currency sounds like a good idea. but by the time it is implemented (5.4 at the earliest) it wouldn´t really be needed. Just being able to trade in battle-stones will be enough. Don´t get me wrong, I would love if lesser charms or bandages were a currency because I wold instantly be ´all rare´.. since I have a crapload of both.
Edited by Adrena on 7/8/2013 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
But they do something, they funnel into coins for raiding.

07/08/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
an excess

Well, only 50 of those lessers are funneled into larger coins. The 1350 excess are what do nothing. :P

I wouldn't mind pet battles having their own currency though. I think it would be nice to be able to collect the souls of the pets we kill and trade them in for ghost pets! Or... other stuff. It won't ever happen, but a ghost giraffe calf would be really cute. ._.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
07/08/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Adrena
it wouldn´t really be needed.

Kinda flawed logic there.

No it won't be needed for veteran battlers, but people not as heavily into battle pets will always have a use for them.

Not to mention the convenience of being able to use them on wild pets, like when you have the perfect breed but you just can't get a rare version of that breed to pop.

No I don't think you can make a case of them not being needed at all.

And that's just talking about the stones, this vendor/currency would also have plenty of other fun things to be used on.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
07/08/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

Except pet battles are the easiest way to accumulate them and you only need 50 per week for any other purpose. So if they piggybacked on this then you could assign a value of this to the stones and purchase the stones. Much easier to manage on the development side of things.

Could even have a quest where you turn in XXX a week and purchase a stone from the current quest giver.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight

Yup. I do maybe 20 pet battles a week, if Real Life cooperates, and even at that leisurely rate I'm acquriring stones far, far faster than Blizzard introduces non-rare pets. As I said, right now for me they are pleasant doodads. In a few months, they'll be vendor trash.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

Already I have 4 families where everything is rare, and another 3 where I am using battle stones on wild pets just because I am lazy. When 5.4 launches we will be able to convert stones to other families.. so that should take care of the Beast, Flying problem.

Battle stones are only in high demand right now because most of use started out with a few hundred pets needing them the day the system launched. But once you get caught up, they won´t be in high demand.

All depends on your luck. I've seen a total of 10 battle-stones since they were released. Don't have stones to trade with others and not willing to pay the outrageous prices to have someone put a stone on my pets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
07/08/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Fink

Yup. I do maybe 20 pet battles a week, if Real Life cooperates, and even at that leisurely rate I'm acquriring stones far, far faster than Blizzard introduces non-rare pets. As I said, right now for me they are pleasant doodads. In a few months, they'll be vendor trash.

Next patch convert them up to non family specifics and store a handful for just in case type reasons.
Reply Quote
10 Pandaren Monk
I think that you guys that are approaching 100% rare pets are in the minority. Everybody else would still get great use out of stones placed on a vendor that accepts some currency obtained through Pet Battling. Blizzard could also get creative and add other items to the vendors, too. Like pets. Rather than tying pets to achievements, they could start selling them for these currencies, which would allow players to choose which pet they want to receive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]