Does this mean Tanks no more glyph of battle?

90 Human Paladin
Just read this"Glyph of Battle Healer has been redesigned. The glyph now causes Seal of Insight to heal the most wounded raid or party member instead of the Paladin." And since truth sucks and we use SOI to heal us, i guess tanks wont use the glyph anymore? Or am i reading this wrong?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm pretty sure we'll no longer use it, it'll make or HP's drop BIG TIME and they are hurting haste incredibly if they keep up with these nerfs. This change, god I hope it gets reverted. The grand crusader one isn't that bad of a change its more or less staying the same just no longer procs from crusader strike and HoR, and increase on the chance it procs from dodge/parry. But the glyph becomes completely usless and unwanted, for any paladin spec TBH.

At first I saw veeeeeerrry small changes to it at all, barely anything worth calling a nerf, a flick on your hand. But now it looks like theres a possibility for us to receive a full nerf hammer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This is why blizzard bugs the hell out of me i was fine with the mastery spec but this patch i went haste, now with all of these nerfs guess im going back to mastery or a in between? Im guessing? Wish they would make up there minds. Just read the Seal of insight not giving us mana regen seems like another nerf ugh!!!!!! At least ive kept all of my gear.
Edited by Tarlon on 7/9/2013 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
These nerfs are pretty much the nail in the coffin for me. If these nerfs go through, and completely destroy Haste Prot Paladins being viable, I'm quitting after SoO. I hate how through the entire expansion, every single change Blizzard has done has kinda pushed Paladins towards using Haste as a viable stat, and now Boom; Haste is now worthless if you can't use your abilities due to the mana nerf. Lol GG Prot paladins that use Haste and don't have any other tanking gear to use once you go OOM in 30 seconds.

At the time of this post, I'm currently in my Ret gear because Blizzard can't hire competent Tech people who can get servers up when they said there would be no maintenance on them at all, yet another reason to quit. I just don't like how players can't choose how they want to play. I've seen Paladins with mastery, stam, haste builds tank just fine, but nope lets screw over the haste paladins because "they're not using tank stats". In my opinion, if a tank can use it viably without dying and it has a direct effect on their tanking ability - it's a tank stat.

TL;DR - I'm quitting this godforsaken game after 5.4 if the changes go through and make Haste builds broken. Good thing The Elder Scrolls Online is coming soon.
Edited by Theappfan on 7/9/2013 12:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Really, all Blizzard want to do is make prot pallies think dodge and parry aren't trash stats.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
we use SOI to heal us
10% Spell Haste. It's really good for Sacred Shield.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9422973464?page=2#21

Branar has some good insight into how the Battler Healer change might actually be good for us.

Recommended reading

FYI - the mana regen WILL break haste tanking, no questions. Gearing to NOT go OOM as a tank is bad design on Blizz's part.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Really, all Blizzard want to do is make prot pallies think dodge and parry aren't trash stats.

Thats a good point, and love dodge and parry, there great stats this whole exp hated having to role against dps, but you dont turn the whole prot pali world upside down on the last patch.
If this stays i consider myself lucky that i always carried two sets one mastery tank which i turned to haste and one ret, so if does go crazy i have alot of gear to choose from. But what about all the tanks that have only one set of gear thats haste they have been using this whole expansion that may (and i dont know if it would be) useless. Now they have to spend the a great deal of time and coin re-gearing reforging for one patch. I get what bliz maybe trying to do but they should wait till the next expansion to do it. My thoughts anyway.
Edited by Tarlon on 7/9/2013 4:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They're not really nerfing haste, and the glyph will still be nice on fights where it's mostly over healing.

They're changing it from being really stupid to choose anything else to being 'there is negligible tank damage, i can help heal the raid'.

And they've already said they'd fix mana regen for prot.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yep, it'll now be a choice rather than a mandatory glyph. Do you need some self healing or is it better thrown out into other people?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yep, it'll now be a choice rather than a mandatory glyph. Do you need some self healing or is it better thrown out into other people?

They're not really nerfing haste, and the glyph will still be nice on fights where it's mostly over healing.

They're changing it from being really stupid to choose anything else to being 'there is negligible tank damage, i can help heal the raid'.

And they've already said they'd fix mana regen for prot.

Sensible people! Praise the Light...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]