Jump from 1933-2k harder than it seems?

Hey guys i just have a quick question,
Me and my partner just got 1933 last night without too much of a problem, we still have very few games played and no skype yet. But I'm wondering, how much different from now will the climb to 2k be? We went from 0-1817 on the first day, 1817-1933 second day (20ish games), what would be a realistic goal for today?

How much better are players at 2k compared to 1900?

The comp I am running is Disc/Hunter (yeah yeah QQ overpowered yaddi yadda)
Thanks for reading.
Reply Quote
up to 2k is a big grind and 2k players to 2300 players are not that much different. the biggest difference is that the 2300 players have much better coordination
Reply Quote
It's mostly just luck not queuing into counter comps for 2s.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Nice rbgs hows the win trading going? 1700-2200 in one day pretty crazy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Thanks for making the post. Hopefully enough people will report you to get that ban you so deserve.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
The original poster is what is so very wrong with this game. He has three total arena achievements, and just got his 1750 in 2s on 6/13/13????

He is above 1900 because he is playing a grossly overpowered dps spec, and teamed with the most broken healer since resto druids in TBC, and is able to win not based on skill but just raw power because of developmental failings.
Reply Quote
I stopped taking this game seriously after s4 hit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Getting from 2k to 2.2 this season is pretty much based on who you que in to. With the deflation, you'll see gladiators from past seasons who just dont play as seriously as they did in the past, but are still very competent.

Also, a lot of the strong classes right now are fairly simple to play to a decent level (hunters, dks, ele isnt too difficult) so you can randomly que into a 1900 team that one shots you. I experienced this this season.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
KGB

I don't think you realize how RBG rating works, its not the same as Arena; for what ever reason if you play with a group of very good players with them at their MMR, you will be boosted in nothing flat.

So I don't think the OP win-traded, but instead just joined a group of better players and got the rating.. Hell he could have paid, but at that point........ who cares; its RBG rating..

I stopped taking this game seriously after s4 hit.

Goon that is literally when I burned out on arena as well.. The end of S3; had my weapons and shoulders.. Running double rogue priest 3's and having a blast.. Could never get past 2150, my priest buddy got burned out on wow 2 weeks into S4, quit the game totally.. Since then I have yet to do 3's seriously; and don't see the point as blizzard always has a FoTM class that ruins the balance of this game.

I am convinced this do it semi intentionally to keep re-play value up forcing people who are un-happy with their current standings in PVE or PVP to re-roll and keep playing..

Its been going on so long that its just that obvious too me. If they actually wanted this game to be any good and to be taken seriously they would start by fixing all the !@#$ in the game that doesn't work correctly first; then they would make tweaks and balance changes to existing mechanics rather than adding or deleting..

But that would not increase re-play value for the PVE masses, so we will never see said perfect game.
Edited by Khlause on 7/6/2013 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Oh noez, somebody found a decent team to do rbgs with! Mustbewindtrading.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The original poster is what is so very wrong with this game. He has three total arena achievements, and just got his 1750 in 2s on 6/13/13????

He is above 1900 because he is playing a grossly overpowered dps spec, and teamed with the most broken healer since resto druids in TBC, and is able to win not based on skill but just raw power because of developmental failings.

plenty of comps above 2k that can counter disc/hunter.

saying its grossly over powered ignores a lot.
Reply Quote

Yeah, i am running a 2s comp that is strong, are you saying Feral/disc is not good, are you saying mage/disc is not op? get over yourself. There are plenty of other comps that are just as bad a hunter/disc.

I didn't make this thread to get made fun of for having 3 arena achieves. I was simply inquiring as to how much of a difference there is between 1900 players and 2k players to see if i could achieve that rating, nowhere do i claim to be the best or good at all. we are playing as we should and are winning for it.

And btw, "grossly overpowered" is an overstatement, i think u need to look into other class damage before calling hunters overpowered. enhance shamans would be a good example of a class with much better burst than hunters right now.
And i got my 1750 achieve almost a month ago and ur !@#$%ing because im 1933 now? jeez man im not sure how fast you climb the ladders but either you suck or you dont play much at all.

Thanks for the real replies though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

It's incredibly easy to go from 1700 to 2200 in RBGs..... just gotta find the right group that's winning
Reply Quote
07/06/2013 08:33 AMPosted by Critmebaby
no skype yet.

A testament to how retarded hunters are atm.
Reply Quote
07/06/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Chin
no skype yet.

How are those 160k chaos bolts and fear spam treating you?
Reply Quote

How are those 160k chaos bolts and fear spam treating you?

If you think hunters and warlocks are even on the same playing field in terms of broken...

Tell me what you're on and where to find some.

Learn to play the game first, fear has dr, fear breaks on damage, CB doesnt hit for 160k. And if you're letting me build embers and not killing me in 10 seconds as a BM hunter you suck.

Also, I play affliction.
Edited by Chin on 7/6/2013 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
nerf mages
Reply Quote
nerf mages

I second this notion
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]