Jump from 1933-2k harder than it seems?

90 Draenei Shaman
07/06/2013 12:27 PMPosted by Critmebaby

A testament to how retarded hunters are atm.

How are those 160k chaos bolts and fear spam treating you?

lol... he thinks CB hits for 160k...
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
07/06/2013 10:02 AMPosted by Christipor
Nice rbgs hows the win trading going? 1700-2200 in one day pretty crazy.

Oh noez, somebody found a decent team to do rbgs with! Mustbewindtrading.

07/06/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Deziration
Nice rbgs hows the win trading going? 1700-2200 in one day pretty crazy.

It's incredibly easy to go from 1700 to 2200 in RBGs..... just gotta find the right group that's winning

Well to be fair he doesn't even have 25 wins in RBGs...so he's either really lucky to have found a good group or he wintraded.

But then again, I don't really understand the people who look up someone's achievements especially when the topic here is arena and not even RBGs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
2s is stupid. A lot of players have MMRs much lower than they should be, and I can lose to 1800 ferals because of their instant cc and high damage. And when I lose to them, I lose 15 points a game, whereas when I win against other teams it's 5 points a win.

You can be completely outclassed in 2s if you aren't playing with a feral as your dps and a disc as your healer.

You're better off trying to get 2k in 3s. At 1933 in 2s, you're probably already way past the skill level for 2k in 3s.
Reply Quote
2s is stupid. A lot of players have MMRs much lower than they should be

Actually ratings are about 165 pts inflated. You can tell this because when you get an insta win in 2s, the rating is 1665, when it ought to be 1500, leading to the conclusion that rating/mmr is 165 points inflated.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
07/06/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Chin
no skype yet.

Oh yeah because so many people need Skype for 2s..

Whenever I do 2s with my usual 2s partner he doesn't expect me to ask him to get on Skype, and I never have. We play MM/Hpally, and it's a lot harder than you think, esp queuing into DK/Heals 24/7

And if I play with some /2 scrub, they ask "Skype or Vent?" and I'm like wtf is vent?
Reply Quote
96 Human Death Knight
TnC
You'll have no problem as hunter disc. My hunter friend carried my full dreadful disc to 1900 in 2's with no problems. The comp is pretty rediculous and takes almost no skill.
Reply Quote

Whenever I do 2s with my usual 2s partner he doesn't expect me to ask him to get on Skype, and I never have. We play MM/Hpally, and it's a lot harder than you think, esp queuing into DK/Heals 24/7

And if I play with some /2 scrub, they ask "Skype or Vent?" and I'm like wtf is vent?

Im merely saying that its stupid that some classes/ comps require zero coordination to hit 2k.

Of course if you're a good player, yes you can hit 2k without some kind of voice communication, but looking at the OP, who has only started to pvp 2 months ago, can just zerg to 2k in 2s and 2200 in rbgs ( seems legit..) without any kind of communication is a bit ridiculous and speaks leagues to how much skill BM hunters require.
Edited by Chin on 7/6/2013 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The original poster is what is so very wrong with this game. He has three total arena achievements, and just got his 1750 in 2s on 6/13/13????

He is above 1900 because he is playing a grossly overpowered dps spec, and teamed with the most broken healer since resto druids in TBC, and is able to win not based on skill but just raw power because of developmental failings.

why u so mad bro
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
The original poster is what is so very wrong with this game. He has three total arena achievements, and just got his 1750 in 2s on 6/13/13????

He is above 1900 because he is playing a grossly overpowered dps spec, and teamed with the most broken healer since resto druids in TBC, and is able to win not based on skill but just raw power because of developmental failings.

calm down idiot
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter

Im merely saying that its stupid that some classes/ comps require zero coordination to hit 2k.

Of course if you're a good player, yes you can hit 2k without some kind of voice communication, but looking at the OP, who has only started to pvp 2 months ago, can just zerg to 2k in 2s and 2200 in rbgs ( seems legit..) without any kind of communication is a bit ridiculous and speaks leagues to how much skill BM hunters require.

I feel you bro

That's why I rerolled Hunter from Hunter so I could Hunter while I Hunter and farm Scrub Mastery Nerds to 2k with an ex-skeying-protadin who is possibly one of the fastest learners of 2013
Reply Quote
07/06/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Chin
You can tell this because when you get an insta win in 2s, the rating is 1665,

Why does this happen? Just started playing again recently and occasionally we will get a win where no one enters and the mmr is 1660ish.
Reply Quote
07/06/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Wooster
You can tell this because when you get an insta win in 2s, the rating is 1665,

Why does this happen? Just started playing again recently and occasionally we will get a win where no one enters and the mmr is 1660ish.

Players who want to get an easy 2s cap often tank mmr so that they go up against easier teams and thus can faceroll wins. The free wins you get when nobody enters is due to teams who are trying to tank their mmr. What happens is they que up, then when the arena que pops, they leave the que, this counts as a loss for them, however, the team that they would have faced when and if they entered the arena match (you), still enters. When the gates open there is no enemy because the team trying to tank their mmr never entered, and so you get a free win. The standard starting mmr for any form of pvp is 1500. But since nobody enters from the opposing side, that standard 1500 mmr is not changed/ replaced by the mmr of the players that are on that team. The mmr of the free win team SHOULD be 1500 flat, however there is rating inflation which causes the mmr of the opposing team to be 1600 (or 1665 - as of last night).
Reply Quote
I have an alt disc that im pretty crappy on. Were 1900 2's playing feral disc and I kid you not, we cannot beat disc/hunter. I cant line any fears up off my ferals clones cause the hunter jsut silencing shots me or traps me. As soon as I try to land a fear after clone I end up setting myself up for the endless hunter/disc cc chain if they spec mind control. If I try and Spectral Guise the hunter flares and then I again start the chain. If I death the scatter I get silencing shot/pet cc'd/concussive shotted then once again start the chain. Im really at a loss on how to beat disc/hunter.

We beat a few disc/hunter but Id say 8/10 times we lsoe to them. Can someone give me some tips/pointers on how to beat them. My hunter plays feral as alt and I play disc so were not too great on them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You'll need to find someone you're good pals with. It took my buddy and me 2-3 afternoons of queuing to get 2.2k. We have good synergy and spend most of our time laughing-- were it not for that, we'd have given up ages ago. I imagine the same applies to 2k, though I feel that's casually attainable with a good comp.

Just keep at it. You'll get there.
Edited by Caedwyn on 7/6/2013 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Scatter Shot -> Freezing Trap -> Fear -> Mind Control -> Silencing Shot (every 30 seconds)

= You should win every time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

why u so mad bro

Hes allowed to be mad. Its beyond a joke how broken BM hunters are.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
He was just asking a question lmfao

why does every sped assume the player is responsible for the state of his class, just like they think the programmers that write the game engine are responsible for class balance

it's actually beyond spastic
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
We just hit 2k today. thanks for all the great comments guys keep them coming, we actually used skype for the last couple games. It was great fun and a great experience! If it wasn't for all your encouragement and prayers i could have never done it thank you guys!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
This thread is everything that is wrong with the community and everything that's right.

Grats on 2k bro.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]