Leveling as a holy pally through Pandaria

90 Human Paladin
So I really want to go Holy Paladin at least at level 90, but it would be even better if I could start at 85 to start practicing :)

I only hear dreadful things about questing as a holy paladin though. Would I really be setting myself up for a huge pain in the !@# if I were to go through Pandaria (never quested through there, mind you, so everything would still be new and exciting) as a holy paladin?

Another question is, if I were to go Holy Pally through Pandaria, what would me "rotation" be? I'm guessing it would be Holy Shock < Harsh Words < Judgment < CS < Denounce?

But most importantly, just tell it to me straight. Would it be a lot harder and a lot more tedious going through Pandaria as a holy Paladin? I want to, but not if it's going to make the leveling process noticeably slower and more boring. Thanks for any and all answers :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Its fine, but you have to put a bit of thought into it, and maybe carry a few extra pieces of gear.

If you have gear that is stacked with sprit gems and reforged for mastery you are going to find it a bit more difficult than the holy paladin that has int stacked in gem slots and reforged for more crit and haste.

Seems like common sense but there are going to be people that tell you its horrible. You can usually check their armory and find that they have incredible mana regen rate, but that just gives you mana its not going to kill things easier.

I personally carry 4 sets of holy gear: a heal and dps set for both PvE and PvP

I made a video to show that holy is viable for questing and doing dailies. If you can overlook the fact that I have a partially broken mouse and currently have to click my offensive spells you might find it useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRbhl2f8iqI
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I really want to go Holy Paladin at least at level 90, but it would be even better if I could start at 85 to start practicing :)

I only hear dreadful things about questing as a holy paladin though. Would I really be setting myself up for a huge pain in the !@# if I were to go through Pandaria (never quested through there, mind you, so everything would still be new and exciting) as a holy paladin?

Another question is, if I were to go Holy Pally through Pandaria, what would me "rotation" be? I'm guessing it would be Holy Shock < Harsh Words < Judgment < CS < Denounce?

But most importantly, just tell it to me straight. Would it be a lot harder and a lot more tedious going through Pandaria as a holy Paladin? I want to, but not if it's going to make the leveling process noticeably slower and more boring. Thanks for any and all answers :)

I leveled 1-90 as holy. It's not as bad as people make it sound.

Ret has more dps and will kill things faster, however holy has a metric ton of survivability. As holy, you're near impossible to kill, but it will take a while to kill things "relatively."

Rotation is pretty simple. Holy Shock on CD, Spam denounce. If you have Harsh Words glyphed, use it when you have 3 hopo. Judgement is less overall damage than Denounce or HS, and burns a GCD, so it's something that you don't have to worry about unless you spec Selfless healer (free heals by keeping it up, but.. you get those anyways with HS = WoG/EF).

The difference in leveling speed is probably minimal, especially when you take queue times (healer is faster than dps by a huge factor), and having to gear a second set of gear (no gear sharing).

Take advantage of Tol Barad & Wintergrasp for as much honor as you can. Convert your JP to honor as well. The 476 items from Honor > 463 JP items.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]