Whats on the other side of Azeroth?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The great turtle that holds up the world.

You. I like you. But you forgot the four elephants.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
07/05/2013 12:04 AMPosted by Cerenitee
fairly certain Azeroth is flat...

http://wow-screenshots.net/instance/ulduar/globe-of-azeroth.html
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Heres how I see it.
Kalimdor on the left side.
Maelstorm in the middle.
Eastern Kingdoms on the right side.
Northrend on the top.
Pandaria on the bottem.
Surely there can not be any continents on the other side of where the maelstrom is.
But what about islands? Is that where Darkmoon Island is? Could that be home to a hidden Naga Base of Operations? Could it have islands with demons running amuck preparing for some evil scheme to end life?
Is it not said that anyone who ventured to that area has not returned?
What are your thoughts?

Actually, Kalimdor and EK are on opposite sides of the Azerothian Globe with Northrend being the North Pole and Pandaria (thus far) representing a south-ish pole continent.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
http://www.wowwiki.com/Azeroth_(world)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Between the globes we've seen and Wrathion's fun little slideshow, what we see is what we get, and there's not much room left for anything new.

BUT... we all know how these things go, don't we?

I suppose they could scrunch Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms a bit closer together, which would then open up some space on the then-empty 1/3 of the plant for a new continent.

Pandaria isn't frozen like Northrend, so it's plainly not close to the south pole. There could still be an "antarctic" landmass below it giving us a south polar region.

BY THE WAY--
Azeroth is a teeny-tiny little planet, probably smaller than our own moon. If you use any of those add-ons which tell you the distance to your quest target, you could do the math, I suppose, and see that it is a freakishly small world.
BUT--
It's entirely possible that it's really bigger than what we think, with plenty of room for new stuff, and the maps are based only on what we already know. If they used that reasoning, Blizz could continue to give us new lands to explore for quite awhile before it just got ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Azeroth is a teeny-tiny little planet, probably smaller than our own moon. If you use any of those add-ons which tell you the distance to your quest target, you could do the math, I suppose, and see that it is a freakishly small world.
It's massively downscaled so that it doesn't take the modelers several years to make a continent. In lore, it takes weeks to cross the Barrens, but we can do it in a few minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I want to know where the Wandering Isle is on the map.

Pull up your map and look around. You'll see a turtle on it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
07/05/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Huggywuggles
Actually, Kalimdor and EK are on opposite sides of the Azerothian Globe

What is between the Forbidding Sea (East of EK) and the Veiled Sea (West of Kalimdor)?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
What is between the Forbidding Sea (East of EK) and the Veiled Sea (West of Kalimdor)?

undersea volcanoes..making new lands for new xpacs???
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
No one knows. It's like the Atlantic Ocean until Christopher Columbus decided to travel it. Or until the Vikings decided to travel it (until they had their asses handed to them by native americans and ran back to Iceland like a bunch of babies).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
water...
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Rogue
Size comparison of game worlds:
http://i.imgur.com/uBWCz.jpg

Keeping in mind the extra continents added since the picture was taken, Azeroth may have around 100-120 square miles of surface area.

Less area than the tiny island of Grenada :p
http://tinyurl.com/llna9sx (google maps link)
Edited by Real on 7/5/2013 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]