10m raid should 2 heal if possible

100 Tauren Druid
Disc monk is a dream team healing comp.

Pfft, Disc + Druid who Symbiosises the SPriest. Not one, not two, but THREE LoF trolling options.

LoF trolling > MW.
Edited by Pipikaula on 7/8/2013 7:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
2 heal most time is enough.
3 heal only if the 2 healers REALLY impossible to heal up the raid.
3 heal = less 1 dps, mean need more time to kill the boss and need more healing.

I prefer doing it in whatever way that guarantees higher success rates. Why 2 heal stuff when you are way under the enrage timer? it makes no sense if people are dying sporadically due to lack of heals.

Use many healers in a fight cannot train good healers. If can solo heal, we should solo heal.

Healers are challenged whenever a group member dies to damage. So unless if the entire tier is cleared, healers will become better players as long as there's things to heal.

If a fight can really be run by 2 heal, but it run 3 heal, then it just make the fight longer, and make the healing not challenging.

Only applies to farm mode but then healers won't be challenged regardless.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Do we REALLY need 0.5 healer in normal (NOT heroic) raid?
I don think so.

The MW who run fully fistweave in normal mode, I am sure if he go dps spec, the raid can end faster without wipe.

I prefer to 3 heal everything.

Likewise, though I think of it more as 2.5 healing with how much Atonement spam I do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't really understand the point of this thread. It feels like a "duh" kinda thing...

Even most heroic modes at this point are 2 healed, with a rare few being 3 healed. It's just common sense to 2 heal instead of 3 heal except when absolutely necessary.

Pointless thread is pointless.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
To me,

This thread doesn't seem to be a troll, but rather it sounds like a Mistweaver Monk who wants to dps, and has their raid leader telling them, "No, we need your healing even if you are dpsing the whole fight!" So he's trying to get proof that fights can be two healed from the healing community.

Personally, I find their writing incredibly hard to understand/ read as their sentences are jumbled and they aren't writing properly in most instances.

Either way, YES, fights can be two healed. And yes, fights can be three healed. If you think you should be 2 healing a fight, and you are 3 healing it instead, talk to your raid leader. Don't just ask them to go down to 2 heals, ask them why they feel they need 3. A lot of times, you will find that the raid leader isn't comfortable with the other healers to allow you to dps. This happened in my old guild quite frequently.

And if you are wanting to dps so badly, and your raid leader is not allowing it, then find a new home. Don't stick around in a situation where you are not going to be happy. We all pay (in some way or another) to play this game. Don't waste your money on things that aren't making you happy.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
This is the oddest post I've seen in a long, long time. Boils down to ...

"Try two healing. If that doesn't work, try three healing."

Great?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/08/2013 07:48 AMPosted by Pipikaula
Disc monk is a dream team healing comp.

Pfft, Disc + Druid who Symbiosises the SPriest. Not one, not two, but THREE LoF trolling options.

LoF trolling > MW.

We have 3 sometimes in our 10mans and that's not counting the druid >D
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I don't really understand the point of this thread. It feels like a "duh" kinda thing...

Even most heroic modes at this point are 2 healed, with a rare few being 3 healed. It's just common sense to 2 heal instead of 3 heal except when absolutely necessary.

Pointless thread is pointless.

We go about it the other way: 3-heal until we find it's necessary (or just more fun) to 2-heal due to enrages or mechanics (yo, Sha).

I think it helps on progression. When the fight's still new, people are going to make mistakes, and having an extra healer helps to mitigate those, making fights last longer so people get a better feel for it. At least that's been my experience.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Weirdest thread ever, especially when the OP copy pasted it from a answer they had in a different thread.
Reply Quote
I don't think the OPs group's issue is if that 10th player is healing or DPSing. It's probably entirely mechanics based.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Great?

We should just all 3 heal things to be contrary. WHO IS WITH ME?!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No, no. Don't 3 heal it .... 8 HEAL IT! 8 healers + 2 tanks, what could possibly go wrong?
Reply Quote

Great?

We should just all 3 heal things to be contrary. WHO IS WITH ME?!
I agree, three heal all the way if you have the dps for it.

Hell, lets move on to 4 healing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I agree, three heal all the way if you have the dps for it.

I hear you can do that for Megeara!

Is 4 healing like 8 healing something in a 25 man? Cuz we do that on Horridon of the Non-Existent Trinket.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest

Megaera and H Shekzeer give a sad "Hello" from beyond the Nerf Bat.
Edited by Evry on 7/8/2013 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
07/08/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Tiriel
Is 4 healing like 8 healing something in a 25 man?

No. it's like 10 healing.

goddammit meant to edit not double post.
Edited by Evry on 7/8/2013 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Fist weaving, atonement, and 5.4 dream of cenarius say hi
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/08/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Evry
Is 4 healing like 8 healing something in a 25 man?

No. it's like 10 healing.

goddammit meant to edit not double post.

Hahahaha...FAAAAAILSAUCE.
Reply Quote
Fist weaving, atonement, and 5.4 dream of cenarius say hi

We are actually trialing a Druid starting tonight (to go with myself and MW) to replace our Shaman*.

* He is quitting wow, not because omgsshamansarebad.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
We 3 heal everything with Disc/Disc/Druid, which is better than any 6 DPS setup.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]