10m raid should 2 heal if possible

90 Draenei Shaman
07/08/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Evry
Hell, lets move on to 4 healing.

Megaera and H Shekzeer give a sad "Hello" from beyond the Nerf Bat.

don't forget H Morchok in the first weeks of 4.3.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This thread...confuses me. I mean, really, is there a point? "2 heal unless you need to 3 heal"? Yes, thank you for that lovely insight, I'm sure my guild will be loads better off now, with your glorious advice.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Bruce Lee, show me your further insight.
Reply Quote

Megaera and H Shekzeer give a sad "Hello" from beyond the Nerf Bat.

H Morchok was 3-healable and I think even 2-healable since the first weeks, but it depended a lot on your comp. Blood DKs and Disc priests were amazing to have there. Also, having some boomie tranqs or shadow hymns helped, as the Enrage was no problem. Basically, you *could* 4-heal H morchock, but it was not *required* on the same level as H Empress pre-nerf.
Edited by Korghal on 7/8/2013 4:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

H Morchok was 3-healable and I think even 2-healable since the first weeks, but it depended a lot on your comp. Blood DKs and Disc priests were amazing to have there. Also, having some boomie tranqs or shadow hymns helped, as the Enrage was no problem. Basically, you *could* 4-heal H morchock, but it was not *required* on the same level as H Empress pre-nerf.

Yeah, I was a Disc priest at the time, but we didn't have an ideal composition, and wouldn't have likely pushed for 3-healing in the first weeks, though we did drop to 2-healing and eventually 3-healing. As you say, 3-healing/2-healing early H Morchok kills was heavily composition-dependent though.
Edited by Ellarix on 7/8/2013 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I am not trolling.
My intention is very simple:
Try 2 heal unless impossible to do it.

Try to do the BEST (not just for fun) so that we kill the boss ASAP.

There are healers just like to be carried, do not like to improve their healing skills. When they are advised by ppl or RL, they just turn a deaf ear.

There are dps just don like to improve their skills of avoiding "fire". Like to stand in "fire". They think that the damage can be healed. With only 2 heal, it may force them to try their best to avoid standing in "fire" as healers may not have the time to heal avoidable damage.

Guilds who do heroic raid sure don have such problem at all, they are the BEST, IMO. They will do the best decision.
Edited by Xingling on 7/8/2013 8:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I am not trolling.
My intention is very simple:
Try 2 heal unless impossible to do it.
Try to do the BEST (not just for fun) so that we kill the boss ASAP. There are healers just like to be carried, do not like to improve their healing skills. When they are advised by ppl or RL, they just turn a deaf ear.

We may think that 3 heal is safer, but I don think so as it make the fight end longer and may cause the dps not to play their best as their mistake can be heal thru by extra one healer.

Guilds who do heroic raid sure don have such problem at all, they are the BEST, IMO. They will do the best decision.

I still like to 3 heal.

This thread is super important.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
As I am healer, when the boss drop healing item, if 3 heal, 3 healers roll for the item, chances to win the loot is 33%. if 2 heal, 50%, easier to get the loot. LoL.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
07/08/2013 05:35 AMPosted by Morenn
Disc monk is a dream team healing comp.

This is my guild's comp :)

your guilds comp on both the raid teams :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
your guilds comp on both the raid teams :P

:'(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
As I am healer, when the boss drop healing item, if 3 heal, 3 healers roll for the item, chances to win the loot is 33%. if 2 heal, 50%, easier to get the loot. LoL.

LOL...um, most serious guild groups don't have their members "roll" on loot, and a third healer would have as much right to that loot as you would as long as they heal on a regular basis.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
07/08/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Tiriel
most serious guild groups don't have their members "roll" on loot

My guild use master loot. Will give the loot to those really need only. If 3 healers really need the item, then the option is 3 healers roll for it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/08/2013 08:41 PMPosted by Xingling
most serious guild groups don't have their members "roll" on loot

My guild use master loot. Will give the loot to those really need only. If 3 healers really need the item, then the option is 3 healers roll for it.

Rolling is silly. If I rolled for gear, I'd never get any. My luck with rolls is notoriously terrible.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Rolling is silly. If I rolled for gear, I'd never get any. My luck with rolls is notoriously terrible.

Then how your raider leader do when 3 healer REALLY need the item? I know my luck also not that good but still get my legendary cloak.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
We don't argue over the loot. All 3 healers decide collectively who gets the piece. If someone has already gotten a piece of loot in that lockout, they "sit out" of the decision. Or sometimes, we decide "oh, well, THIS thing would be much better for the priest, who got that other thing earlier... ok priest, hand that thing you got earlier to the shaman, and here, you take this thing instead"

additionally, this is no different whatsoever than for example "Agi drop" (contested by 2 specs of monks, 2 specs of druid, all hunters, enh shaman, and all rogues), or "tier token", issue-wise.
Edited by Ellarix on 7/8/2013 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't think I've learned any more or less from reading these 3 pages.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

But shadow priests, enhancement shaman, and moonkin all use "healing" items with spirit aside from trinkets specifically designed for healing.

Our raid group runs between 5-7 healers depending on the fight. Trust me, loot is not an issue. I guess 10-mans might be a little disadvantageous there because there are less chances of the item you need dropping from a boss (ie: you could go the entire tier without even seeing the item drop). That could theoretically happen in 25, but it's significantly less common.

I think it's common sense that guilds use the minimum number of healers possible to safely heal the fight, because even if you could do a fight with say 4 healers in 10-man if you had enough DPS, the boss dying sooner is always nice when you run with more DPS, and further, the healers end up bored out of their minds because there isn't anything much to heal for each individual one. Therefore, your thread has taught us a whole lot...of nothing.
Edited by Dekkar on 7/8/2013 10:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This thread confuses me greatly.

What exactly are you trying to say o.o
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/08/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Xingling

Then how your raider leader do when 3 healer REALLY need the item? I know my luck also not that good but still get my legendary cloak.

*shrugs* They usually go by seniority, or who else got loot that night, and how big of an upgrade it is for the particular person.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
My luck with rolls is notoriously terrible.

Pretty sure mine is worse.

You're getting flak for failing at generalizing. What you meant to say is: Bring as many non-conqueror tier dps as you can comfortably manage so bosses die faster.

Also you're 533 ilvl you don't need loot why haven't you killed H Lei Shen yet?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]