10m raid should 2 heal if possible

90 Night Elf Druid
07/08/2013 10:05 PMPosted by Tiriel

Then how your raider leader do when 3 healer REALLY need the item? I know my luck also not that good but still get my legendary cloak.

*shrugs* They usually go by seniority, or who else got loot that night, and how big of an upgrade it is for the particular person.

Basically. Plus who will be healing during 2 heal fights and who won't be.

I coin all the things, but hardly get anything :/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Also you're 533 ilvl you don't need loot why haven't you killed H Lei Shen yet?

You already know these reasons. :-P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's like Xing can't possibly fathom a way to distribute loot other than rolling. Loot rules back in the days of vanilla, what with DKP and SLS would've made his/her head explode.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
07/08/2013 10:02 PMPosted by Dekkar
But shadow priests, enhancement shaman, and moonkin all use "healing" items with spirit aside from trinkets specifically designed for healing.

You mean Elemental.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
It's like Xing can't possibly fathom a way to distribute loot other than rolling. Loot rules back in the days of vanilla, what with DKP and SLS would've made his/her head explode.

FYI, I am not RL, my bro is.
Edited by Xingling on 7/8/2013 10:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
My guild is 12/12 normal and we 3 heal almost every fight. The DPS checks are not bad at all and having 3 heals can make for a very stress free full clear.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
You already know these reasons. :-P

Oh, I meant Xing. I hadn't looked at your armory.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Oh, I meant Xing. I hadn't looked at your armory.

My guild raid one night per week only. I don join other guilds in my realm as my bro is GM. He is a very good Brewmater. Only 3 guildies can pull very nice dps which will carry other 3 dps. Most dps cannot dodge fire well. We have 3 healers (me, druid and Shammy). Shammy always give the lowest HPS which really need buff but Bliz just don like to buff Shammy correctly. Our 2 dps are disabled person (1 deaf, 1 mute). We think a lot to kill the boss in the easiest way as my guild is not consist of ppl like u all so good and have full clear H ToT.

My realm have only 3 guilds which have done 12/12N ToT. The best horde guild in my realm just 3H/12H until now.
Edited by Xingling on 7/8/2013 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
07/08/2013 08:43 PMPosted by Tiriel

My guild use master loot. Will give the loot to those really need only. If 3 healers really need the item, then the option is 3 healers roll for it.

Rolling is silly. If I rolled for gear, I'd never get any. My luck with rolls is notoriously terrible.

My guild does "Need if you need MS, Greed for OS otherwise pass"

I am only leather intellect user though, so I gear fine.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
In this teir the "dps kills bosses" line actually really proves true so getting dps geared over healers isn't really a bad thing. Plus, esp in 10 man, your players should keep the raid in mind and give gear where it will do the best. I've given up Horridon's trinket twice cause it would help the raid more on one of the other healers even though I won the roll. Makes me sad but needed to be done. But yeah whether you should 2 heal all depends on the damage incoming vs enrage timer ratio. If you're hitting the enrage, 2 heal. If you are dying cause not enough heals, 3 heal. Try and get a healer that is a competent dps and you'll be good to go.
Edited by Torantine on 7/9/2013 12:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Resto druids should cast rejuve!

It's a powerful spell!

I think resto druids should also cast wild growth often, this seems to be useful.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
We use Suicide Kings for loot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am still pretty lost as to the point of this thread :P

Let's see.

2-heal vs 3-heal. Depends on raid composition, skill of healers, how high the dps is, and how much damage the boss does. There are lots of variables. We 2-heal almost every heroic fight-- Maegara and Iron Quon being the only exceptions I know of (I haven't healed H Council with this guild yet).

3-healing is less stressful, this is true. But if you are raiding heroic content, then being able to handle the stress of 2-healing is more than expected. Most 10 man heroic guilds 2-heal UNLESS 3-healing is necessary due to the damage put out by the boss mechanics. Just like 25man heroic guilds tend to 4 or 5 heal when they can get away with it, rather than going 6 to 8 healers like non-heroic 25man guilds.

For people doing normal modes--the dps requirement for ToT is low enough that an extra healer won't make you wipe on enrages (assuming all your dps meet the minimum). And 3 healing does make bosses less stressful, but it also makes them more boring to heal.

Um. Point 2. Loot distribution. There's thousands of ways that this is done and it differs from guild to guild. Rolls aren't uncommon, but they aren't the norm either.

3rd Point. Shaman healers. Their HPS on a 3 heal fight in 10 man will almost always look weaker than other healers, because they don't benefit from overhealing like so many other classes do. If you and the other healer aren't giving him enough to heal, then of course his numbers are low. Judging a resto shaman by their hps on a 3-healed fight that doesn't require 3-healing is an exercise in futility.

Yeah. Think that's everything. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]