Possible pally race/class combo

90 Night Elf Warrior
It looks like ill be playing a pally in the next expansion.The only question I have is.do you think blizz will make the pally class available to Night elves
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It's pretty difficult to tell until they announce it. There's nothing currently in-game leading into night elves getting them, but tauren paladins were pretty much entirely out of left field, so who knows?

The expansion details should be at Blizzcon in November, so wait and see I guess.
Edited by Keten on 7/8/2013 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If any races will get pallys I'd say it would be NE and UD since both have priest it wouldnt be inconceivable for them to be pallys.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I would think that Horde would get 1 more paladin race and alliance would get another shaman. So guessing UD paladin and human shaman (please).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If any races will get pallys I'd say it would be NE and UD since both have priest it wouldnt be inconceivable for them to be pallys.
it would be impossible for undead, in lore the undead are only shadow priests. The light coursing through them, as it does in paladins, would literally cook them. Troll paladin is a lot more likely because of the freethinkers and previous lore involving them.
Edited by Selfesteem on 7/8/2013 11:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
07/08/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Selfesteem
it would be impossible for undead, in lore the undead are only shadow priests. The light coursing through them, as it does in paladins, would literally cook them.

That was actually clarified in an interview a couple years or so ago. The Light only causes them incredible pain, it doesn't damage them. Undead with a strong will, like Sir Zeliek, can channel the Light without destroying themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
it would be impossible for undead, in lore the undead are only shadow priests. The light coursing through them, as it does in paladins, would literally cook them.

That was actually clarified in an interview a couple years or so ago. The Light only causes them incredible pain, it doesn't damage them. Undead with a strong will, like Sir Zeliek, can channel the Light without destroying themselves.

True, but that still leaves the question of 'which undead would WANT to choose that?' It's a distinct possibility, sure, but I'd lean far more towards trolls getting it than the Forsaken.

(Frankly, I'd say goblins are more likely than undead, but that's just my opinion. :D)
Edited by Benemus on 7/8/2013 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'd say that it's more likely that whatever new race is added to the horde will have paladin, rather than a current race.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'd really love to see moonlight themed Night elf/Worgen paladins on the alliance, kind of an opposite to the tauren's sunwalkers. color all their abilities silver and it would be fantastic, i'd racechange my human pally in a heartbeat.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
If they make is a Priestess of the Moon in lore I guess it could work. Though of course people will freak out like they did with Sunwalkers, but paladins haven't had unified lore since BC.

I would think that Horde would get 1 more paladin race and alliance would get another shaman. So guessing UD paladin and human shaman (please).

Alliance needs another paladin first.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
To be honest, based on the lore and the cultures the different races are from, I don't see a lot of potential new paladin races in the near future. Trolls, maaaaaybe Worgen...that's about it, and even the worgen bit's iffy. No idea how their curse affects things. If there's one thing paladins have trouble with, it's curses.

(Healadin joke! *raises hand for high five*)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
/highfives
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
07/08/2013 11:55 AMPosted by Benemus

True, but that still leaves the question of 'which undead would WANT to choose that?' It's a distinct possibility, sure, but I'd lean far more towards trolls getting it than the Forsaken.

(Frankly, I'd say goblins are more likely than undead, but that's just my opinion. :D)

It depends on how an undead feels about their predicament. Certain undead may blame themselves for what they did while under Arthas' control, in which case, they may take up the light as a penance for the wrongs they have committed, though against their will. Some may take up the light merely out of pure stubbornness. Someone like Trevor, who wants with all his will to be allowed into a sacred holy order once again, would surely take up the light out of pure stubbornness and desire. (Trevor is a friend of Leonid Barthalomew, and you should read about him and his role in the release of some people, possibly including an important lore character, from the clutches of the undead.)

As for nelf pallies, I really hope so, I've wanted them forever, and it just makes logical sense to add them to the game. They make more sense than belf warriors did. Nelves are proficient in the use of melee weapons, their version of "the light" as well as throwing objects (holy tiara!).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd really love to see moonlight themed Night elf/Worgen paladins on the alliance, kind of an opposite to the tauren's sunwalkers. color all their abilities silver and it would be fantastic, i'd racechange my human pally in a heartbeat.

listen to what you just said
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
07/08/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Marious

07/08/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Adelphie
Alliance needs another paladin first.

The obvious choice is the *ONLY* race with only 6 classes available .. all others have 7 or more.

*cough*gnome*cough*

Yeah, I said it! Gnome! I want Gnome Paladin! Blizzard would get money from me if they make that combination available.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

Yes because they weren't former humans or anything I will make sure to read more of your posts that is just my opinion
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Well if Blizz really is adding a new race again like rumored I'd suspect that race will be able to be a Paladin. Just my thoughts.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Every race can be every class. Classes are simply something one learns. All it takes is for someone to study and devote their life to that class. The only reasons for dividing them up in game is for gameplay reasons and gameplay reasons ALONE. WoW has some very simplistic, watered down lore that typically contradicts itself. They really just don't ever follow it for anything, and it changes daily on their whims for gameplay purposes. Which is fine, the lore has always been a secondary aspect of wow. It's just there as way of making the buttons you press feel a little less abstract. They've always driven wow by first deciding how they want their buttons and such to work, and then fitting a little story around it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
/highfives

Thank you!

Also, in response to earlier, I have no idea why people believe an undead paladin would be a good idea. Yes there are fallen paladins from Lordaeron that might be kicking around. Yes the Forsaken can tap into the Light, even if it hurts them to do so. Yes, it's just a matter of training and principle.

All of that fails to cover the simple fact that paladins were created specifically to battle demons and the undead. Unless you want to tell me there should or ever will be a faction of Forsaken dedicated to eradicating their own kind, I refuse to believe that an undead will be able to perform as something designed specifically around destroying them.

It's like draenei warlocks. Never going to happen, not as a playable option.
Edited by Benemus on 7/9/2013 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Paladins already have too many race options. Human, Dwarf, HIGH Elf and Draenei should be the only playable races. (Though I feel any race can be a Paladin, as long is it is correctly done, and for the correct purposes) Blood Elves were already out of the question when Blizzard did it for balance and marketing reasons, because of how Blood Elves are lore wise. It'd be like letting the average Goblin become a Paladin.... Or how they allowed GOBLINS to become SHAMANS! Tauren took the cake in Cata and ruined the entire Paladin lore, just like Troll Druids did. I feel Blizzard ruined Paladin reputation when Tauren were allowed to be them. Yes, I agree lore wise a Tauren matches the Paladin, but the way how they worship the sun to do it is just wrong and insulting. Just like how Blood Elves "bend the Light to their will". And now that they have a few Undead Paladin NPCs..... Blizzard truly hates Paladins, I swear.
Edited by Jawathepwn on 7/10/2013 5:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]