Why do I need to PvE to PvP?

90 Pandaren Shaman
So I seen complaints about people complaining about "Oh I have to do XXXX" for PvPe gear. So now I am here asking WHY do I have to get RAID gear to PVP? I was doing 2s and I keep seeing people over 500 are the people that kill us in 2 seconds.

Gear level average 510+ vs my 490... yeah .. fair...
Edited by Momo on 7/4/2013 1:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Hunter
You don't. Their 510 is scaled down in arena. I think you probably just need more practice. Also, your partner is missing a belt buckle and a couple enchants and you both haven't reforged anything. Are you guys using vent or mumble? Are you coordinating your cc and cds? I'm not great at pvp but I can say when I win it's usually because we placed some well-timed cc and cds.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I was doing 2s and I keep seeing people over 500 are the people that kill us in 2 seconds.

Well considering the arena ilvl cap is 496 and if you were using conquest gear you were way outgearing them. If this was happening the reason you lost is called "being outplayed".

TL;DR
--------------------
07/04/2013 02:16 AMPosted by Takasu
You don't.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You obviously got outplayed sir.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Stun to death is out played when I cannot do anything even with trinket,

suuuurreeeee

Or even worse 2 frost mages

Or what about being full hp to under 100k after a silence wears off then stun die.

Half the time I am lucky to get my healing tide and damage share totems down><
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

suuuurreeeee

Or what about being full hp to under 100k after a silence wears off then stun die.

I would say this is a problem with class balance rather than gear.

Which is certainly an issue, though a different one altogether.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Then why in the heck are people telling me "You been outplayed" if it is a class balance issue?

oh the 10 minutes to kill a blood DK, that was fun
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

suuuurreeeee

Ok... take a breath.

Go back to the part where BG/RBG/Arena is capped at 496 so having high level PvE Gear has no point other than gimping you in PvP Power.

Ok.... You want to complain about PvE gear being used in PVP so lets refine your argument.

Let's pretend you didn't mention arena and you said you happened to be trying to gank someone who ended up having Heroic level gear on and they killed you.

and....... go! ;)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Then why in the heck are people telling me "You been outplayed" if it is a class balance issue?

oh the 10 minutes to kill a blood DK, that was fun

Fun fact: People love telling other people that they got outplayed.

But I don't have all the answers.

Far as I know you really did, in fact, get outplayed.

It's pretty easy to tell that PvP is not my forte.
Reply Quote
10 Human Warrior
the set bonuses are better for pvp the math was done a long time ago
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
So I seen complaints about people complaining about "Oh I have to do XXXX" for PvPe gear. So now I am here asking WHY do I have to get RAID gear to PVP? I was doing 2s and I keep seeing people over 500 are the people that kill us in 2 seconds.

Gear level average 510+ vs my 490... yeah .. fair...

All gear is scaled down to the highest item level available for PvP gear, in instanced PvP. This includes battlegrounds (both random, and rated) as well as Arenas.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Hmmm

Is it for sure that scale thing is working? Because I can't understand why I can die as fast as I do at times EVEN WITH that damage share totem and healing tide I have died with them UP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
you die fast in arenas.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Conquest gear is better than PVE gear in instanced PVP.

True.

PVE gear (including raid finder) is better than Honor PVP gear in instanced PVP

Not true.

PVE gear (including normal raid) is better than Conquest gear for WPVP

Not true, only the highest levels of PvP gear.

In most cases PVE gear is better than PVP gear for PVP.

Not true, in cases of instanced PvP where it only really matters, top tier PvP gear is better then PvE gear.

Barkloud is full of it and it's a sad sad day when he becomes the voice of PvPers

Very True.
Edited by Krankheit on 7/4/2013 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Would i be assuming too much if i say you click abilities, turn with keyboard and backpedal?
Reply Quote
You don't need to PvE to pvp. Firstly you're a panda, the only race that exclusively makes use of PvE gear successfully is human.

Secondly did I mention you don't need too? Sure the pve trinkets are better, but the pvp ones are just fine. You can climb to a fine rating without them.

The only time I'd say you should pve to pvp is for world pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Scaling is working and while rsham isn't the best healing spec for 2s you really should have your dps peeling for you when you are in a deep with 2 mages, and you have to play very defensively generally and LoS as much as you can. Blood dks aren't much of a problem if you play with anything but maybe a warrior you just have to kite so they can't DS.

As far as your totems go, I do not believe there is enough damage to kill through both assuming they are up unless you dropped them when you were extremely unlucky and have Aussie ping because then your opponents have a small kill window after SLT is down. However I would say that they probably killed both your totems.

My advice is if this happens don't come to the forums first check your logs as you can general figure out how you died and remember LoS is your friend (but avoiding LoSing your partners).
Edited by Sotec on 7/4/2013 8:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
PVE gear (including raid finder) is better than Honor PVP gear in instanced PVP

Which I find stupid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]